Latest news on restart!

yerdsyerds

Doesn't really surprise me that the restart is slow going when you think of the number of crew needed to be able to staff all these ships. It has always been stated that it would take 90 days to be ready to restart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ahhhh so close to being on the first sailing! I booked on the August 7th thinking that might be the new first. Alas, I’ll be vlogging for my YouTube channel (link below), if you’re interested in following along for the second cruise!

Also, did anyone notice that in this release from Carnival it refers to “pre-inaugural” sailings and it doesn’t call the July 31 cruise anything but a “first sailing”? Perhaps Carnival is awaiting a less-restrictive “inaugural” cruise, with all of its fanfare and celebration, to be held at a later date?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Elation end of Sep. We called the Carnival Disability line. 

She said NO rooms will be assigned on the Magic till June 17. Before that we will get a call to talk about our room assignment. The Magic is limited in Fully Accessible rooms, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

So 5th sailing for me. 4th sailing for @TNcruising02

6th sailing for me.  Hope you will be doing a live review, in case I am not excited enough by then and need a boost 😂.

Last week, I booked the Sunrise for August 19 and lucked out on that one also.  And the Horizon in October.  Feel like I won the lottery!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

Where did all of the 'calm down, the vaccine requirement is ONLY for July' folks go?
I feel bad for families with young children. 

Where does say August will be vaccinated only? 

1 minute ago, dallasdan said:

Where does say August will be vaccinated only? 

Did you read the information shared????

The second photo clearly states "Carnival plans to operate these August sailings with vaccinated guests."

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

Where did all of the 'calm down, the vaccine requirement is ONLY for July' folks go?
I feel bad for families with young children. 

Lol I dont remember ever seeing calm down its only july. I think it's been darn, we dont know about august and sept .. darn is family friendly. My roll call in sept wants to know. 

• Like 3

We had plane tix already teed up. And now we have a new cruise in late August reserved; awaiting my PVP to do the details.  Better start my packing.  #donedeal  #fullyvaxxed #cruisin'again

• Like 3

Many people are disappointed, like my DH and I who were planning on celebrating our 30th anniversary on a July 1 cruise out of Charleston.  The cruise was cancelled and we booked another wonderful celebratory trip on land for that special occasion.  Plans change and you can pivot, right?

• Like 4