Change in Luggage Tag for disembarkation procedure?

Alphen

10 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

I could be wrong but I seem to recall when taking an upsell that we reprinted our luggage tags and that the upsell stateroom was a different color.

You are correct.  Neptune suites are a golden color 

9 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Please correct me if I am wrong just looked at our upcoming luggage tags these have a place for Name, address and email , I don't recall having address and email before?

You are right there, had not noticed that, usually both printed sides are the same, but now they hold extra information. Did not notice that.

Bit of a shame that the IT department of HAL have not made a link there, to fill this in automatically from your supplied information.

Edited by Alphen

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

You are correct.  Neptune suites are a golden color 

Did not know that, so I stand corrected, assume the PRIORITY will also replace the need of using the color printing.

I have the luggage tag in front of me.  We are in a Neptune.  The ships name has a blue background with a hello priority on the edge.  There is a space for phone number and one for email.  I’m not inclined to add those details on the tag as I consider it a security risk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I have the luggage tag in front of me.  We are in a Neptune.  The ships name has a blue background with a hello priority on the edge.  There is a space for phone number and one for email.  I’m not inclined to add those details on the tag as I consider it a security risk.

Did you also notice the the Wine/disclaimer corkage at $18usd per extra bottle not $20usd.. looks like the cleanup crew needs to be activated.

also agree about security information... but it is what it is

Edited by rucrazy

1 minute ago, rucrazy said:

Did you also notice the the Wine/disclaimer corkage at $18usd per extra bottle not $20usd.. looks like the cleanup crew needs to be activated.

also agree about security information... but it is what it is

I did see the old corkage fee.  Also noticed that we could still take on one at no charge.

• Like 2

Just checked our Viking luggage tags for our upcoming Iceland cruise next month. Stateroom number in large font, name , booking number, ship, and sail date are already printed. In place of HAL tiles, Viking included two nice leather luggage tags.

Edited by Heartgrove

3 hours ago, Alphen said:

Cannot remember having seen this discussed before, but could not help noticing that new text has been added to the luggage tag, indicating it has to remain attached to your luggage for disembarkation also. This was not the case when we last cruised in the fall of 2019.

Luggage Tag change.jpg

Interesting.   Covid 19  has changed many things.

We bought these a few years ago and they are holding up great. Zip seal at the top and aircraft cable ties which securely screw together. A modest investment if you cruise a lot and now having to keep the luggage tags they make even more sense.

https://smile.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Steel-Clear/dp/B07L8WBSFM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holder+holland+america&qid=1623506208&sr=8-5

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cailey53 said:

We bought these a few years ago and they are holding up great. Zip seal at the top and aircraft cable ties which securely screw together. A modest investment if you cruise a lot and now having to keep the luggage tags they make even more sense.

https://smile.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Steel-Clear/dp/B07L8WBSFM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holder+holland+america&qid=1623506208&sr=8-5

I've been using these tags for years.  They're great!  

Neptune cabins (and I think 4/5 Star) had PRIORITY stamped on the tags.  However, often this did not mean anything.  Once we were the LAST cabin on our deck to get our luggage and we were not on a deck with all the other Neptunes!

1 hour ago, Cailey53 said:

I’ve used something similar for the last 8 years or so.  They work great!

This is what 18 months of working at home produces? New luggage tags?  WOW I'm excited 😂  At least, we can be thankful Orlando is gone ... he would have held a media press conference to announce this massive change!

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5