Do "mixed dose" vaccinated Canadians qualify for Seattle departure vax requirement?

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry.  I am talking about by business development manager (well above the reps) who asked the question at their weekly leadership meeting. 

Oh sorry, are you a travel agent? I am referring to the sale agents at Royal, I should have been clearer.

7 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:

Oh sorry, are you a travel agent? I am referring to the sale agents at Royal, I should have been clearer.

I am.  I’m with you,I wouldn’t entirely trust what the sales agents tell me which is why I asked my contact…who is also Canadian and had already asked the question.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, gospelle said:

Seems like 2 contradictory statements here from 2 different people at Royal. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As I mentioned earlier in tje thread I did hear from my rep at Royal and the mixing doses is currently fine for Canadians as long as you’ve had 2 dates and it’s 24 days after your second dose. 

I totally missed proofreading my post.  Should have read 2 doses and 14 days after the second dose.

Not  surprising about the different answers especially when one is from a front line sales rep.  I trust my business development manager and the answer that she received from a senior level. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, mrlevin said:

So, Trudeau extended the border closing again!  How is that Canadians can fly to USA to get on a cruise going to USA ports only whilst I am looking at having my Canadian vacation cancelled for the second year in a row!!!

This has gotten ridiculous!!!!!

I was just looking at this site: https://ca.usembassy.gov/travel-restrictions-fact-sheet/

From this one site it seems like driving across a border is disallowed, but flying is unaffected. I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gospelle said:

Seems like 2 contradictory statements here from 2 different people at Royal. 

Seems always the way it is.  This whole thing was rushed and people did different things to get vaccinated but now issues at times.  And I wonder about boosters.  They originally mentioned 6 months maybe.  I don't know but that time is up for the first who got it.  And mixing and matching, another maybe foolish thing if countries will recognize fully vaccinated as 2 of the same item. That is how the studies/trials went.  Who knows the value of mixing up?  No one.  It's just something that happened to rush this along.  

33 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

I was just looking at this site: https://ca.usembassy.gov/travel-restrictions-fact-sheet/

From this one site it seems like driving across a border is disallowed, but flying is unaffected. I think.

It has been this way since the beginning of the pandemic. Snowbirds were able to cross and winter in Florida if they wanted to they just couldn’t bring their cars with them. Some found a workaround by flying to Buffalo and having their car shipped by a commercial carrier and then picking them up and driving to their winter homes in Florida. Upon return to Canada they have been subjected to different protocols depending on when they return to Canada. Also, the rules are very different depending on who you are. 

as of yesterday the Springsteen on Broadway has retracted their ban on AstraZeneca vaccine and hopefully the others will follow but I really don't think it will be an issue on the cruiselines but mixing vaccines may be.   Unfortunately some people in some locations in Canada have not had a choice 

on this 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, A&L_Ont said:

You would not see it in America, but Canada has not had the same roll out of vaccine as the States have had. Vaccine approval has been a roller coaster of approvals VS changes etc and now a combinations of different types used together.

It does happen in the states. I had 2 people I know get different doses. one of each type. They researched it and found out it was okay.

40 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

What if a third variant booster dose is needed in the future? That could affect requirements moving forward?

It has been frequently reported in UK press that any future UK booster for this Autumn would be of a different vaccine to whatever is already given.

Results from “mix and match” trials appeared to show promise for an enhanced immune response. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jun/06/mix-and-match-covid-booster-jabs-may-be-offered-in-uk-vaccine-autumn

Plenty of room on the NHS app for more jabs, & probably get a sticker for the vaccination card.

& don't worry Canadians, we in the UK are heading to join you on the mixed doses list. 😊

Edited by Stevio

28 minutes ago, Stevio said:

& don't worry Canadians, we in the UK are heading to join you on the mixed doses list. 😊

It begins here in Ontario today, even for those who received Pfizer for their first dose because of a reduction of shots in a Pfizer shipment.  Thats over and above the AZ first and PF/MD second.

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It begins here in Ontario today, even for those who received Pfizer for their first dose because of a reduction of shots in a Pfizer shipment.  Thats over and above the AZ first and PF/MD second.

Expanding the second shots today caused our regions system to crash.

I got through on the phone after a 5 minute wait and the agents system crashed....still on hold with the agent.  I'm also in queue on the website and was down to 41 minutes wait but now up to over an hour.....looks like a long day on hold ahead of me 

Website just updated...more than 3 hours wait

Edited by Ourusualbeach

So how many are mixing doses?  I become eligible on Wednesday to move up my second dose that is currently schedule for September 1.  We have a cruise booked on October 24.  I've been warned if I move up my dose to July I will almost certainly get Moderna because of the shortage of Pfizer.  I really want to get fully vaccinated because of the uptake in Delta but I also don't want to have problems with cruising and other countries.  I have no fear in the mixing.  It has been studied and I trust the doctors and scientist.  I have an 8 year old at home that can't be vaccinated so I'm trying to way my options.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Expanding the second shots today caused our regions system to crash.

I got through on the phone after a 5 minute wait and the agents system crashed....still on hold with the agent.  I'm also in queue on the website and was down to 41 minutes wait but now up to over an hour.....looks like a long day on hold ahead of me 

Website just updated...more than 3 hours wait

Oh no.  Good luck.  That's really frustrating.  Hope it's much less wait than stated!

The other unknown, at this point and time, what are cruise ports accepting for mix and matched doses if at all?  That will be a wait and see, but hopefully will come with time.

As I mentioned earlier here Barbados currently are not accepting mix and matched doses, because they do not follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.

Hopefully with time this will not be an issue, and hopefully that is sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, MaddyandMax said:

So how many are mixing doses?  I become eligible on Wednesday to move up my second dose that is currently schedule for September 1.  We have a cruise booked on October 24.  I've been warned if I move up my dose to July I will almost certainly get Moderna because of the shortage of Pfizer.  I really want to get fully vaccinated because of the uptake in Delta but I also don't want to have problems with cruising and other countries.  I have no fear in the mixing.  It has been studied and I trust the doctors and scientist.  I have an 8 year old at home that can't be vaccinated so I'm trying to way my options.

There is not a shortage of Pfizer.  The shipment for this week is delayed.  We are still on track to get the same number of doses as planned for June and July

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Oh no.  Good luck.  That's really frustrating.  Hope it's much less wait than stated!

The rep picked up about 15 minutes after I posted.  Website is still off but their system was back up.  Sarah is booked in for her second on July 3.  Vikki and I have had ours.  Just need to call and get Toby's moved up

• Like 3

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

There is not a shortage of Pfizer.  The shipment for this week is delayed.  We are still on track to get the same number of doses as planned for June and July

This is good to know.  What I read on some news outlets appeared to say differently...  I've been told if I move up my appointment but make it in August I should be good to get my second shot as Pfizer.  I just don't want to have problems if I can avoid it.

Thanks for all the great info everyone!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 2:59 PM, sept10dsm said:

Who knows.  I just heard (as an aside) Broadway show with springstein must be vaccinated with on the the 3 approved in US.  They said no to any others.  So overall, I wonder if this catches on all over, international travel won't be as easy as get the vaccine.  May have to be country specific.  

I thought I read that requirement was from Springsteen himself?

This great news!

Though U suspect the problem will be the countries not Royal (like Barbados).  Our cruise is to Bahamas but I can't find any information with what they deem as "fully vaccinated".  Hubby and I just moved up our shots from September 1 to July 9. I'm hoping to get a second shot of the same thing.  My father was supposed to go on Friday but just cancelled his because he was not going to get the same brand for sure this week.  They do a lot of traveling and didn't want to have any problems.  Hopefully by the second week of July Phizer should be good again.