New cancellations from Princess Announced 6-17-21

HBCcruiser

This is really to be expected - I expect Princess is going to start out slow with limited cruises.  The Ruby was already set for a dry dock in September / October time frame perhaps it is being lengthened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scottca075 said:

What isn't cancelled in 2021?

So far our Nov. 3 TA Southampton to Ft. L on the Regal has not been cancelled. I'm holding my breath & crossing my fingers. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Right now, it looks like only

The Regal

The Sky

The Majestic

Maybe - Diamond & Sapphire  both late 2021

Pete, I am on the fence.  Booked on the Regal TA but thinking of just staying within US and doing Grand or Ruby to Hawaii.  I was booked on the Island northern lights that just got cancelled.  Worried Regal will get cancelled although the ship is already in Southampton.  Maybe easier to just stay local.

We got the email too. Our November 20th ABC island cruise was cancelled on the Caribbean Princess. However; they offered a move over to the Enchanted Princess to the Eastern side for 10 days for the same price as our original that was 8 days.  Same day, November 20th, 2021!  We called and said YES! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well, our Aug 28 Cabo cruise is cancelled. Not really surprised; Princess has been somewhat silent about those LA departures when things should've been swinging into gear.

Rescheduling for Oct 9. Happy about that. Timing is a bit better - after booking this, we added a July Viking Bermuda cruise - this spreads it out a bit better ...and looks like the third time for the itinerary (third time's a charm?).

Especially happy that it'll be on our favorite Grand Princess. Less crowded than the Ruby. (And since we're splurging, a midship suite is an acceptable option since it is NOT directly beneath the lido pool deck, unlike the Ruby). For us, better all around!

Also happy that vaccinations will be required. I wonder they'll use the VeriFLY app that Viking uses to verify the vaccination status, or add vaccine verification into the Medallion app. (VeriFLY was pretty easy and fast) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

Pete, I am on the fence.  Booked on the Regal TA but thinking of just staying within US and doing Grand or Ruby to Hawaii.  I was booked on the Island northern lights that just got cancelled.  Worried Regal will get cancelled although the ship is already in Southampton.  Maybe easier to just stay local.

I am not an official from the state of Hawaii, but just a messenger.  Here is the latest and greatest news from the islands (government).  Do not take it as engraved in granite.  Very dynamic and changes with the Kona Winds.

As of today:  

Hawaii residents that were vaccinated IN Hawaii are allowed to return from the mainland without taking the pre-travel covid test (starting June 15th).

Residents/tourists may travel between the islands as long as they provide proof of vaccination (or take the pre-travel covid test).

Vaccinated transpacific passengers may enter (by air) WHEN/IF the state reaches 60% vaccinated (currently at 55% and need 200,000 more residents to get vaccinated to reach 60%).  No date has been announced.

Safe Travels app and all other restrictions will be removed when the state reaches 70% vaccinated (in my opinion....never).  So far, only the island of Lanai has reached 70%.

The state needs to open up to trans-pacific air travel before even thinking about letting cruise ships return.  

Just my input.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

I made my decision in February to cancel everything I had booked and rebooked for 2021 and 2022 for overseas travel.  USA appears to be mostly under control but don’t think certain parts of the world will be fully ready until 2023.

Doing a lot of trips from our USA bucket list that I am excited about to fill the void and feed my travel bug. LOL.  

But I will begin booking for 2023 to the destinations I still want as soon as Princess gets back in full “normal” operation and releases those itineraries!!

I thought maybe there were more cancellations coming but really thought things would be almost on full schedule by October or November... 

I am so sorry everyone!!  I know we are close but not close enough...  I feel disappointed with you all!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Boo! We were scheduled on 2 of these cancelled cruises. Thank goodness I will be on the Royal AOS in 30 days!!

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

Thanks for providing us with this information. I’m on the October 31, 2021 Ruby cruise from San Francisco so let’s see what happens. 

I’ve read that the Ruby is supposed to go into dry docks in Portland but I’ve done extensive search of the dry dock facility in Portland with no Princess ship listed. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’ve read that the Ruby is supposed to go into dry docks in Portland but I’ve done extensive search of the dry dock facility in Portland with no Princess ship listed. 

Looks like the Replacement cruises are on the Grand. I’m already scheduled for the October 27, 2021. Not sure where the Ruby will be. 🤔
AAE3670D-9B5A-4DF1-A950-E42119295A2A.thumb.jpeg.9c9bbfeec687a0130af4d2fb69ec024b.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser

We are booked on the 11/28 Caribbean Princess.  When booked we thought we would be far enough in the fall that we would not be the first cruise.  Now we are booked on CB's first cruise.  However, this makes me think the 11/28 cruise might not go either.  We will see.

Cruise cancellation #9!  Our Sept cruise on Ruby was 5 day- santa Barbara, San Diego & Ensenada.  Replacement is a 5 day Cabo party cruise- sorry, not for me. 

Looking to find other cruises, and have others noticed price increases?  Everything I'd like to rebook is much more expensive!  Anyone have any experience in trying to rebook yet not pay heavy increase?  I'm looking at a 4 day - same cruise but without Santa Barbara, and even more than our 5 day!  Or a 7 day Calif coastal- but that is almost double our 5 day for 2 more days!  I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.....

• Like 1

We are on the 11/27/21 Ruby sailing out of SF.  I know it is not cancelled, but does anyone know why they are cancelling so many of the Ruby sailings up into through October?  It has me a bit on edge, since this is a re-booked cruise that was cancelled due to Covid already.  SO looking forward to it!

28 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

Cruise cancellation #9!  Our Sept cruise on Ruby was 5 day- santa Barbara, San Diego & Ensenada.  Replacement is a 5 day Cabo party cruise- sorry, not for me. 

Looking to find other cruises, and have others noticed price increases?  Everything I'd like to rebook is much more expensive!  Anyone have any experience in trying to rebook yet not pay heavy increase?  I'm looking at a 4 day - same cruise but without Santa Barbara, and even more than our 5 day!  Or a 7 day Calif coastal- but that is almost double our 5 day for 2 more days!  I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.....

It sounds like re-booking a future cruise might be the only way to keep from having to pay the increased fares.

"Option 1: Princess will offer to move guests to an equivalent cruise in 2021 or 2022 (see list below). The rebooking offer will have the added benefit of protecting the guests’ 2021 fares on their replacement cruise in the event the new cruise is higher."

But you wouldn't get the 10% (base cruise fare) bonus FCC offered in Option #2

"Option 2: Bonus Future Cruise Credit. Sail with us again by accepting our special higher-value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer of 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable FCC, plus a Bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 10% of the cruise fare paid."

Edited by MishelleMcc

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The state needs to open up to trans-pacific air travel before even thinking about letting cruise ships return.  

Renee…from today: 🤞

Hawaii is likely just eight to 10 days away from dropping COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements for travelers from the mainland, Alaska and U.S. territories who have been fully vaccinated against the corona­virus, Lt. Gov. Josh Green said on Wednesday.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/06/17/hawaii-news/mainland-vaccinated-travelers-can-soon-skip-state-testing-rules/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Renee…from today: 🤞

Hawaii is likely just eight to 10 days away from dropping COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements for travelers from the mainland, Alaska and U.S. territories who have been fully vaccinated against the corona­virus, Lt. Gov. Josh Green said on Wednesday.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/06/17/hawaii-news/mainland-vaccinated-travelers-can-soon-skip-state-testing-rules/

I just read that.  But I don't trust the numbers.  There's a difference in CDC and state percentages.  Also, is the prediction because enough have gotten their first shot and therefore only weeks away from getting second.  I've been fooled too many times to believe the state (aka governor).  For everyone's sake, I sure hope the reporting is correct.  I listened to Dr. Green and did not hear any proposed dates, only percentage openings.  

2 hours ago, OC SeaPA said:

I'm on the 4 day to San Diego.  Desperate to get on a ship.  I need to purchase FCDs.  I don't know what your initial fare was for the 5 day, but the Grand has lots of open cabins.  I booked this cruise a very long time ago.  Big price jump from Ocean View to Balcony/higher.  Good luck.  You are correct, I wouldn't do the Cabo party cruise.

14 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

We are on the 11/27/21 Ruby sailing out of SF.  I know it is not cancelled, but does anyone know why they are cancelling so many of the Ruby sailings up into through October?  It has me a bit on edge, since this is a re-booked cruise that was cancelled due to Covid already.  SO looking forward to it!

I’ve read on CC before that they were taking the Ruby to Portland for dry dock thus the cancelled cruises but the Portland Dry dock location shows no Princess ships so I agree with you it’s confusing.  

Tom😀