Apex live reports

Treacher1

Hoping someone will be kind enough to post some pics and reports once on Apex.  Not sailing till March of next year - but always enjoy comments from those who are currently sailing.  I think we all miss our cruising and are hopeful to get back.  Thanks ahead of time:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kreative03 said:

There are at least 5 of us who will be on board that I’ve seen. I plan to post and will capture updates for anyone looking for specifics. Might be a bit delayed since I’m now solo parenting on this trip.

Thank you!  We were to have sailed on the westbound TA last October.  L&S to the same cruise this October.  Anxious to hear reports, whether live from or a review on your return.  Since the TA has been moved up by 11 days, we will board her in Barcelona in only 16 weeks😊

24 minutes ago, angelsil said:

Following this as well since we're booked on 9/18 for my 50th (gulp) birthday celebration. Curious to see how the various Covid rules are implemented.

50 is the new 30!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kreative03 said:

There are at least 5 of us who will be on board that I’ve seen. I plan to post and will capture updates for anyone looking for specifics. Might be a bit delayed since I’m now solo parenting on this trip.

I’m hoping to be on the July 9th sailing so will appreciate anything you can post but most importantly have a fabulous time!

10 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Thank you!  We were to have sailed on the westbound TA last October.  L&S to the same cruise this October.  Anxious to hear reports, whether live from or a review on your return.  Since the TA has been moved up by 11 days, we will board her in Barcelona in only 16 weeks😊

Hey fellow Bama person! We are booked on that TA for 2022, leaving from Rome, I would love some reports from your trip. How did you adapt to the trip being moved up? That would be a disaster for me, I will still be working part time then…

1 minute ago, cangelmd said:

Hey fellow Bama person! We are booked on that TA for 2022, leaving from Rome, I would love some reports from your trip. How did you adapt to the trip being moved up? That would be a disaster for me, I will still be working part time then…

I will be glad to post some reports!  We thought for a while we would be shifting to your cruise, but it’s looking up.  

As far as adapting, that depends on the moment😂. Our booking just showed up correctly on the Celebrity website this afternoon, with the appropriate amount of OBC.  I actually tested it by making our select dining reservations for the first 2 nights just to make sure the Cruise Planner was working for this cruise.

Yesterday, I canceled our original pre-cruise hotel reservation and made the new reservation for 4 nights pre-cruise.  The only thing left to resolve is air.  Fortunately we had booked our one-way flight over through Flights by Celebrity.  Our TA has spoken with Celebrity air multiple times, and they assured her they have placed a hold on the same flight, same class, with price protection.  However, they can actually book the flight until the reservation is moved, which happened today, so hoping in another couple of days that will be resolved . . . fingers crossed we can get good seats.

I retired a couple of years ago; if I were still working, I probably would have just thrown up my hands.

I am about to baord Apex- and so ready for it. Spent the last two days in Athens. Very nice Hotel- Electra Palace- right in the Plaka around the Acroppolis. Wonderful views. 

It was such a pleasure to see all the people moving around, having fun whilst adhering to still ongoing rules, wearing masks keeping a distance - not always possible- but with the mask I felt always safe. 

They only thing that can now come  between me and boarding Apex is a positiv test during the health check. My time slot is at 12.30 pm.

25B60852-38A8-4208-B3AB-2BE5D5D6FC5D.jpeg

FC0A3886-8D56-4B00-9EC0-B3404E50791D.jpeg

DC41518D-881D-416D-896B-CB2E75E6B016.jpeg

FA6688A5-74D1-4813-9A78-D0791CB0316E.jpeg

88540F7E-E1C1-4277-8BEF-772071C6EBD0.jpeg

57CF5729-3BA3-4B8A-844A-EA304E59FBDF.jpeg

03479DE2-7B02-4ACF-8560-D219C6BE9EC1.jpeg

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

I am sure there will be others who board today, who will write from their experiences. Each has its own point of view so i look forward how others will see the experience on board Apex.

If anyone stays in the Electra Palace do not miss the Roof Top Restaurant, wonderful views excellent service,  fine food and reasonable prices. 

The first and the last picture were taken at said Restaurant. 

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I am sure there will be others who board today, who will write from their experiences. Each has its own point of view so i look forward how others will see the experience on board Apex.

If anyone stays in the Electra Palace do not miss the Roof Top Restaurant, wonderful views excellent service,  fine food and reasonable prices. 

The first and the last picture were taken at said Restaurant. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences - almost time for you to board! I second the Eden Cafe - Eden is just beautiful and so many lovely nooks to have a drink in and the food in the cafe is so good! 
Have a wonderful time!

Wendy

@little britain

Greece requires a so called PLF (Passenger Locator Form) which can be done online before the trip. They send you a QR code as confirmation. The QR code is checked either by the airline and/or when entering Greece. There’s a € 500 fine if you can’t present the code.

PCR-test is required unless you are vaccinated or recovered from Covid.

They are thinking about changing the requirement to also allow antigen tests.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:I second the Eden Cafe - Eden is just beautiful and so many lovely nooks to have a drink in and the food in the cafe is so good! 

We enjoyed the Eden Cafe for the small snacks. But while we liked the large airy location and the view of the Eden venue, I wasn’t fond of the decor and color scheme. 

We love Edge-class for its modern touch and lounge vibe but thought Eden feels outdated and in contrast to the rest of the ship.

Also, for those who have also sailed the Edge, could you answer the following questions re the Apex:

1) has the noise problem in Fine Cut Steakhouse been resolved--this was a problem on the Edge and hopefully they addressed it?

2) has the wind issue on the Sunset Bar & Grill been resolved--again a problem on the Edge

3) has the wind issue on the Magic Carpet been resolved?

15 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

They only thing that can now come  between me and boarding Apex is a positiv test during the health check. My time slot is at 12.30 pm.

Did you also have to take a PCR test 72 hours before boarding?

13 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Did you also have to take a PCR test 72 hours before boarding?

I got the requirements for our July 9th sailing and if you are double vaccinated then no. So hope that stays for our sailing!