Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests on Freedom of the Seas cruises starting July 2

34 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is that total per person or per shot? If’s it’s only 139.00 pp for the whole cruise I don’t think that’s much of a deterrent.

People book cruises for $100 saving or obc. Seems to me a no cost vaccination that saves $139 would be even more attractive.

30 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

Everyone does realize the 8 crew members onboard the Odyssey that tested positive WERE vaccinated, right?  Once again, these jabs are not vaccines.  

There are airlines that are now banning “vaccinated” people from flying because they are ending up with DVTs.  

Please do your research. 

Everyone realizes that the 8 members aboard Odyssey that test positive had not passed the required 2 weeks post 2nd shot for full protecction, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, Jimbo said:

it's just you have vaccinated people dining with unvaccinated people....and then later that same night you have those  same vaccinated people now going to a venue where only all vaccinated people are allowed to go...........If this is the case you might as well have everybody go where every they want.

That's not how it works. If everyone mixed together, EVERYONE would have to mask. The whole idea of offering vaxxed only venues is so vaxxed people can go maskless. Vaxxed people do not want to wear masks on a cruise vacation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sure I do, so why are they trying to seperate them on the cruise ship? Going to mean nothing.

It is all about the masks that vaccinated people do not have to wear when they are among ONLY VAXXED people.

1 minute ago, broberts said:

People book cruises for $100 saving or obc. Seems to me a no cost vaccination that saves $139 would be even more attractive.

Soon enough, we'll all be seeing a different look from cruiuiselines as the covid storyline is going to eventually flip. Will RCG be the first to announce a new sales campaign, "Free Vaccine Testing". Afterall they are the family cruiseline. 

16 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

Why?

We are very close to herd immunity. Hawaii is at 56% vaccinated and when they reach 60% people on the mainland are going to be allowed to fly there without being tested, just showing they have been fully vaccinated. We could have been at herd all over the USA 2 months ago but the anti vaxxers are slowing the process down. People can be so ignorant. The people that wont or cant get the vax  still expect to cruise like normal. Be proud that you chose to be vaxed so that we can get back to what we love. Id get 10 vax if it helps not only me but also protect others.

Edited by sugcarol
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It won't last long. RCG is going to need the $$$ and I'm not talking about the testing $$$ either.

But they will make a profit on the testing won't they? So they can keep the testing for as long as they do make a profit on it? After all people are testing to fly aren't they?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So a family of 4 that is unvaccinated would have to pay $544 for one test each to board the ship.    

Do they require any other tests during the cruise or for disembarkment?     

That is the way it is.  Might I remind all that they can get vaccinated for free.  My opinion is that anyone who chooses not to get vaccinated just because they do not want to should be made to suffer for their decision.  

DON

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ljason913 said:

i dont care what they do

But you have to care what they do. They have the product. If you don't wish to cruise again that is your choice. But they have the product they tell you what is what not the other way around.

21 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t think they are that interested in making it about segregation. It’s more to discourage the unvaccinated from cruising for now. They want the cruises to go as successfully as possible and one way is to have as few unvaccinated people as possible. 

Keeping vaxxed separated from un-vaxxed is all about offering vaxxed people a cruise experience that does not include masking and distancing as much as possible. My opinion.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I do, but maybe you don't?

They are allowing families Mother, Father who are  vaccinated dine with their unvaccinated children, then later on when kids are at the kids club, the parents will go to a (show)venue that is for vaccinated passengers only.

Meaning they could be spreading covid into the vaccinated venue.

This strategy has nothing to do with speading Covid to the vaxxed. Vaxxed people are protected from the virus. It is all about vaxxed people not having to mask up. I would bet money that is why that strategy is in place.

19 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

That is the way it is.  Might I remind all that they can get vaccinated for free.  My opinion is that anyone who chooses not to get vaccinated just because they do not want to should be made to suffer for their decision.  

DON

We are fully vaccinated.   I was just wondering if those that are unvaxxed only after to pay for 1 test or will they be tested more than once if on a 7 night cruise. 

So there are activities, venues, and performances that unvaccinated people won't be able to access. Has Royal said anything about how much of the ship would be restricted to those not showing proof of vaccination, and how often? I wonder how they decide, like, is it based on the percentage of people who show proof of vaccination?

The past year or so has lowered my faith in humanity, though I hope I am proved wrong on these cruises and that there are no messy situations resulting from having two sets of rules.

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Keeping vaxxed separated from un-vaxxed is all about offering vaxxed people a cruise experience that does not include masking and distancing as much as possible. My opinion.

Yes, as it should be.     The un-vaxxed should definitely have to mask up when on a cruise ship.    If they don't want to they can do a land based vacation wherever they want.   the cruise lines need to worry about their business and not have any issues that would force them to shut down again.    

12 hours ago, loman said:

How bad do people have a desire to sail to put up with the extra expense and the restrictions.

I wouldnt . RCCL would discourage me sufficiently to cancel if i were not vaxxed .

I have my two shots of Pfizer so i dont have a fear of getting severely sick or dying from the virus.

I like what the cruise line is doing.

I like what NCL and Celebrity are doing better. NCL sailing with 100% vaxxed passengers and crew and Celebrity sailing with 95% vaxxed passengers and crew from Florida. Celebrity has a great strategy to work around the Florida law. I haven't heard yet what NCL is planning for their strategy but they will be sailing with 100% vaxxed passengers and crew.

Neither of those lines will have anyone wearing masks anywhere on their ships from Florida.

11 hours ago, ace2542 said:

How will they know who is who in terms of vaccination once onboard, they don't really say? 

And what is to stop an unvaccinated person from bribing a crew member to get one of the wrist bands lets say? Or how do they know that crew members might not even try and sell the wristbands to unvaccinated passengers onboard the ship?  For what 100 bucks a pop? I can see that happening.

Not if a crew member values his/her job. They will be fired if they are caught.

10 hours ago, CI66774 said:

Not brilliant at all as these tactics, I believe, violate FL law as they deny/alter goods and/or services based upon one’s medical verification status. As the sailing originated from FL, I don’t believe it’s relevant the the violation occurs in open sea. RCI is gonna get spanked with fines..

How about a lawyer chime in on this.

10 hours ago, CI66774 said:

What it is is a violation of FL law. Just watch....

Don't you think the team of lawyers that cruise lines have on staff have read the Florida law and found all the loop holes? Of course they have. Don't you think the cruise lines would have come up with these strategies if the lawyers informed them the strategies were illegal? Think about it.

Edited by coffeebean

10 hours ago, MikeMSD said:

I really doubt that a crew member is going to risk being fired and barred from working again for $100. But also, they're punching a hole in their SeaPass card and probably notating it on their file. It says that cards must be scanned before entering a venue. I'm sure if someone shows up with a wristband and they scan their card with a hole in it showing they are unvaccinated, there are going to be some pointed questions as to how they came upon that wristband.

Seems Royal has all bases covered.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Hopefully not much longer. That’s not up to date with current CDC guidelines on land. CDC guidelines for cruise industry will catch up, it may even be accelerated based on results of recent lawsuit.

CDC guidelines have nothing to do with foreign ports, even if embarkation/disembarkation in the US stops requiring masks

Edited by 3kidsncats

I have watched some videos now of people who are fully vaccinated having to test before they get on the ship. I hope this is not true in August or I will cancel. I did my time. I wore a mask every single time I went out. I got vaccinated on the first day I was eligible. I am not going through testing to get on and stay on a ship especially when you can get on and then contact it from somebody else. Enough already.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, as it should be.     The un-vaxxed should definitely have to mask up when on a cruise ship.    If they don't want to they can do a land based vacation wherever they want.   the cruise lines need to worry about their business and not have any issues that would force them to shut down again.    

But why?  What about recovered people?

- The Forgotten 20

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, picantel said:

I have watched some videos now of people who are fully vaccinated having to test before they get on the ship. I hope this is not true in August or I will cancel. I did my time. I wore a mask every single time I went out. I got vaccinated on the first day I was eligible. I am not going through testing to get on and stay on a ship especially when you can get on and then contact it from somebody else. Enough already.

I'm wondering if those tests are 'one strike and you're out.' If your test is positive will they just say "too bad, no sail" and keep your money? And then you go get two more tests and they are negative and it's concluded it's a false positive, is that just luck of the draw and something you need travel insurance to cover?

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

And if child is under 2? CDC guidelines say they should not wear a mask due to risk of suffocation.

👏Children 👏are 👏not 👏the 👏 problem.

But for those who think they are, Richard Branson would be happy to take your money.

If you had read the email sent to passengers, you would have known that children 2 and under are not required to wear a mask 

51 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

hawaii is my favorite place in the entire planet...hawaii better get it together before my cruise from l.a on carnival sept 2022

If you are not sailing until then I wouldn't even worry about it. This will all be resolved well before then. :classic_smile:

• Like 2