Petition - Lets Restart Cruising in Australia

11 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I was talking to my mum today. She is 90, but living at home.

She has not had a Covid vax, yet. Dr mentioned it, but no action.  She has had her flu jab.

I asked about the various carers who attend under her plan. She said about half are vaccinated. 

Probably someof the carers dont want to be vaccinated Adrian.

37 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My 47 year old daughter had her second Pfizer jab on Friday, she has been crook all weekend. More impact than the first one. She is a counsellor inc mental health and often has calls at aged care facilities.

So it appears reading reports on here the Pfizer like the AZ has after effects.

It does seem that way Les although my son was more unwell after his first Pfizer than after his second. My daughter was slighly unwell after her first and has her second today. 

12 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I was talking to my mum today. She is 90, but living at home.

She has not had a Covid vax, yet. Dr mentioned it, but no action.  She has had her flu jab.

I asked about the various carers who attend under her plan. She said about half are vaccinated. 

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

My mum is the same age and her doctor mentioned it but again with her no action.

My 92yo MIL lives at home and thankfully has had her first shot and soon to get her second.

Just curious Possum and Docker, do you think if there is heaps of vaccines available and a line was drawn in the sand say for February/March next year to open up to vaccinated international travellers and for Australians to be able to travel, would your mothers be more likely to get vaccinated?

4 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

My 92yo MIL lives at home and thankfully has had her first shot and soon to get her second.

Just curious Possum and Docker, do you think if there is heaps of vaccines available and a line was drawn in the sand say for February/March next year to open up to vaccinated international travellers and for Australians to be able to travel, would your mothers be more likely to get vaccinated?

Honestly, I think Mum believes it will not help her to be vaccinated if she happened to contract covid as she has health problems and she has said instead of her having the vaccination, it is better for someone else to have it. Mum wouldn't be thinking at all about international travellers as it wouldn't really affect her living in regional Victoria. 

3 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Honestly, I think Mum believes it will not help her to be vaccinated if she happened to contract covid as she has health problems and she has said instead of her having the vaccination, it is better for someone else to have it. Mum wouldn't be thinking at all about international travellers as it wouldn't really affect her living in regional Victoria. 

Thanks for answering. I am curious regarding the various thoughts older people have on this.

One positive I took the other day is that those three vaccinated elderly aged care residents in NSW, even though they tested positive seem to have had little or no symptoms. They only went to hospital as a precaution, though I haven't heard updates.

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

My mum wants to have the vaccine. One of my sisters has been doing contract work as a vaccinator, so mum is well aware of the importance.

She feels a bit let down by her Dr not getting back to her. And concerned that some of the care staff are not vaccinated. Obviously they are visiting many elderly people each week, so the risks multiply.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Thanks for answering. I am curious regarding the various thoughts older people have on this.

One positive I took the other day is that those three vaccinated elderly aged care residents in NSW, even though they tested positive seem to have had little or no symptoms. They only went to hospital as a precaution, though I haven't heard updates.

I just reread my answer. Mum is very aware of what is happening in the world and we have some great converstions at times about the state of affairs here and in other countries. With her health issues and they are serious (heart and kidneys), she really didn't expect to reach 90 so living longer is not important to her. So her attitude is that others deserve to be vaccinated before her. Another issue is that her clinic is not doing the vaccinations so she would have to go elsewhere to have it done and for her it just all too hard. She does have her flu shot every year though. Perhaps if the vaccinations were organised to be done in the home for the elderly it would be preferable. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

My mum wants to have the vaccine. One of my sisters has been doing contract work as a vaccinator, so mum is well aware of the importance.

She feels a bit let down by her Dr not getting back to her. And concerned that some of the care staff are not vaccinated. Obviously they are visiting many elderly people each week, so the risks multiply.

That is frustrating. We had a similar issue with our MIL's doctor so ended up taking her to a mass vaccination clinic which was luckily very close to where she lives. Thankfully no major health issues so we could.

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Perhaps if the vaccinations were organised to be done in the home for the elderly it would be preferable. 

I totally agree with this idea. As I said in my reply to Docker we bypassed the doctor but in your Mum's case that wouldn't be wise. They need roving vaccination clinics set up for regional Australia. Especially when we finally get enough vaccines in.

If the Government had the guts to do it, Covid jabs should be mandatory for all.  Now they have announced that from September jabs are mandatory for those working in aged care, now that is not going to eventuate in reality, for the union will back those anti vaxxers working in that industry.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

If the Government had the guts to do it, Covid jabs should be mandatory for all.  Now they have announced that from September jabs are mandatory for those working in aged care, now that is not going to eventuate in reality, for the union will back those anti vaxxers working in that industry.

Uncle Les

I think all employees should have a ID card on a lanyard with a vaccine card.

Just like a sea card ,Captain Circular,Crown &Ancor.       

If you don’t ,you can’t deal with the public,travel on a plane maybe public transport.

• Like 1

Petition....... well I don't think so......

Too much Coffee   maybe

Time to chill.... yes

Lets us hope for cruises starting 22-23 season  would be nice...... or will  certain people still be sitting on their hands....   or playing    who gets the gold star......

Until somebody stands up...... No Elephant Stamps

Don

There is increasing and interesting data being studied which suggests vaccine mixing may be valid on efficacy grounds.

Specifically, 1st dose AZ and 2nd dose one of the two mRNA vaccines.

This is being recommended in Germany.

Last month Chancellor Merkel received the AZ followed by Moderna.

Also, in the UK the NHS has been given approval to start planning a Covid booster programme ( 3rd dose ).

Starting in September this year before they enter their winter flu season.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hopefully it will go away completely in time. It sounds like you're coping with it well and your family are giving you the support you need. Take care. 

I always believe that you can find something funny in almost any situation.  If you don't laugh you will just cry and make things worse. My bouts of fatigue just come on instantly, so sometimes you just "get caught in a situation". I fell sound asleep in the dentist office while getting a cleaning.  The dentist went in a panic and thought I died until I started snoring...very loudly. I ended up taking a nap in his office for a few hours because I couldn't drive home..Talk about embarassment!.  (He did call my husband and told him not to come for me..just let me sleep it off)lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1