Freedom of the Seas

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Hope that Gov. Murphy intercedes on your behalf, because if he stays silent, RCL will be free to impose the same rules for NJ sailings that they have in place for Washington sailings.

I want the rules....would they be different?  I thought as it stood, the only place that won't require vaccinations is Florida....is that correct?  I want vaccination requirements.  

Just now, Nessa1dc said:

That is what concerns me.  I just hope if there is an issue in Florida....and I pray not, that it wont affect the whole line.

Unfortunately, in the absence of any blocking action by the state (like Florida did), the cruise lines will adopt the policy that maximizes their capability to sail and minimizes their risk of doing so. 

I have no problem with the rules and regulations.  I'm vaccinated, but my granddaughters, who will be 12 & 15 on our Easter sails from Bayonne, are not jabbed and don't want to get jabbed.  RCL has already said that they will refund fares for these circumstances, but not identified it they will also refund the FCCs amount used towards the fares. 

Someone on another thread mentioned that once an FCC is issued, it remains an FCCs.  Therefore, these FCCs are totally useless under the present rules.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

i hope they change the rules about mask and testing i dont want to wear a mask or get tested on my cruise vacation.

The only way they will do this is if they are allowed to sail with all vaccinated passengers.

• Like 2

Just now, orville99 said:

The only way they will do this is if they are allowed to sail with all vaccinated passengers.

what makes me angry is that vaccinated guests didnt have to get tested and wear mask but because of the leader of flroida now we have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ljason913 said:

what makes me angry is that vaccinated guests didnt have to get tested and wear mask but because of the leader of flroida now we have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he will reconsider, we have to let companies do what's best for their business...I sure hope so.  We love Florida and we love to sail from Florida.  My group has made it clear that we wont be sailing from there, with the rules placed by Florida.  We are looking to other places of embarkation.  I'm going to interested in seeing what happens....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And yet you consistently browbeat anyone and everyone who disagrees with your position. You are free to have your own opinion. You just have no right to impose your opinion on others. I sincerely hope you find somewhere to cruise from that matches your world view.

Never brow beated anyone, my posts are just my opinion. You must have me confused with someone else.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Which IN MY OPINION that is the way the cruiseline wanted it, but were forced to go with unvaccinated because of the Desantis  florida law he wanted

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Maybe he will reconsider, we have to let companies do what's best for their business...I sure hope so.  We love Florida and we love to sail from Florida.  My group has made it clear that we wont be sailing from there, with the rules placed by Florida.  We are looking to other places of embarkation.  I'm going to interested in seeing what happens....

Since, you're from the East Coast, just plan on sailing from Boston, Bayonne and Baltimore.  

Just now, nelblu said:

Since, you're from the East Coast, just plan on sailing from Boston, Bayonne and Baltimore.  

Yea....that's the plan for now....we could also do TX, Puerto Rico, Bahamas...those are all vaccination required, right?

Also, how do you prove your vaccinated?  Just bring your card?

1 minute ago, Nessa1dc said:

Yea....that's the plan for now....we could also do TX, Puerto Rico, Bahamas...those are all vaccination required, right?

Don't forget Seattle, San Diego, San Fran, San Pedro, and all the Alaska's departure ports.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hope that Gov. Murphy intercedes on your behalf, because if he stays silent, RCL will be free to impose the same rules for NJ sailings that they have in place for Washington sailings.

I was under the impression that  Washington sailing at 100% vaxxed.  Therefore, knowing Murphy's DNA will require fully vaxxed (except for minors under 12) passengers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Yes, your card, and depending on when you sail, we could be faced with a vaccination passport.

21 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

Get vaccinated

• Like 4

Just now, nelblu said:

Yes, your card, and depending on when you sail, we could be faced with a vaccination passport.

Ok...great.  I think I need to get this card laminated.  I'm down with vaccination passports and anything else that will get me onboard with vaccinated passengers.  😃.

We cancelled 2 cruises last year.....

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Sure people can but some people are fixated they must just sail from Florida.

That would be the cruise lines. 😉

But to be fair, there isn't sufficient infrastructure to sail from other areas

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Good luck finding a proper variety of choices 

If I understand the rules (as of now)....the only different one is Florida.  Everyone else requires vaccinations.  So that's easy.

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That would be the cruise lines. 😉

But to be fair, there isn't sufficient infrastructure to sail from other areas

i have no desire to fly to a different country and deal with extra bs i rather sail leaving from the usa 

27 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

Not true. All you need to do to avoid this outcome is to voluntarily show the port staff your CDC  vaccination record.

• Like 1