Formal Nights?

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Except they don't call it Formal Night anymore.  It's something like "wear your best" night or something of the likes.  In other words, no tux or long gown needed. 

Thank you! This is what I was hoping for, getting to old to drag around long gowns😂

1 hour ago, rushedmom said:

Just booked our first cruise on Royal in a few years, I am trying to figure out if there is still 2 formal nights on 7 day cruises? 

Yes days 2 and 6 on most itineraries. Your invoice from Royal will indicate exactly. 

2 hours ago, rushedmom said:

Just booked our first cruise on Royal in a few years, I am trying to figure out if there is still 2 formal nights on 7 day cruises? 

There is no "dress code". On our cruise last week, at our dining seating, there were 1 or 2 couples in true formal ware. A few gents in suits. A few gents sports coats, mostly collared shirts/Hawaiian shirts/polo shirts, and a few in shorts and t-shirts. It has been several years since we packed gowns and tuxes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, have done four 13 niters and we had 3 Formal Nites. Love doing 12+ niters, they break out Menus not used on Regular Cruises. Lot of Great Food Choices! 

ONECRUISER that's great to hear.  We recently booked our first 13 day cruise for next April on the Adventure out of Galveston repositioning to Jersey.

• Like 2

We love the formal nights.  Gives us a chance to dress up.  It is so fun to see the changes in my granddaughter as she grows into a young lady.  Choice of long dresses is fun to see.  If they don't have formal night anymore it will be sad for us.

• Like 4

Just now, lovescats5 said:

We love the formal nights.  Gives us a chance to dress up.  It is so fun to see the changes in my granddaughter as she grows into a young lady.  Choice of long dresses is fun to see.  If they don't have formal night anymore it will be sad for us.

We will dress up for formal nights too. My boys picked out new suits and can’t wait to wear them. My 8 year old would wear his every day if I let him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We enjoy it also although my son and I have scaled back from a tux to a suit...lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

I can understand your nostalgia - I’m guilty of having it go back to the good ‘ole days as well. But nowadays people want to be more relaxed on their cruises — can see it both ways.  Glad they are allowing both formal and informal on the “formal night”.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Darkingnj said:

ONECRUISER that's great to hear.  We recently booked our first 13 day cruise for next April on the Adventure out of Galveston repositioning to Jersey.

That's Great, good for you! Love the Repo/Longer Sailings, Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Love the Repos too - the price and itinerary usually work in my favor! 

Yes! Would say price per day benefit on longer Sailings but even total cost. Many my 12-15 nite Booked Cruises were same or Cheaper then a 7-8nite on Oasis Class Cruise in same Cat Cabin

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes! Would say price per day benefit on longer Sailings but even total cost. Many my 12-15 nite Booked Cruises were same or Cheaper then a 7-8nite on Oasis Class Cruise in same Cat Cabin

My experience as well. Hey as the song goes “ let’s get together”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We loved them when my daughter was growing up, it truly taught her some great life lessons. Learning table etiquette and decorum is great for youth.