Smoking

george35

There are 2 other areas besides the sunset bar. One is port side aft on deck 5 outside of Eden. If you look at the plan for deck 15 there is an area in the middle that is not accessible from the forward or aft sections, there is a smoking area on the starboard side of this "island". It is accessible by stair from deck 14 or deck 16. I liked this area best because it had good shade, no wind issues, and out of the way of non-smokers. It also had the best table and chairs arrangement for writing blog posts 🙂

26 minutes ago, Cdresser said:

There are 2 other areas besides the sunset bar. One is port side aft on deck 5 outside of Eden. If you look at the plan for deck 15 there is an area in the middle that is not accessible from the forward or aft sections, there is a smoking area on the starboard side of this "island". It is accessible by stair from deck 14 or deck 16. I liked this area best because it had good shade, no wind issues, and out of the way of non-smokers. It also had the best table and chairs arrangement for writing blog posts 🙂

I can't speak for the Edge class ships but the other 2 classes have only one specific area for cigar and pipe smokers. Now, do some people smoke cigars in the cigarette only area? Yes, it happens all the time, but being a cigar smoker I try to follow the rules so no one messes with me while I'm relaxing. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 3

Does anyone know if they sell cigars on the ships? We are sailing Summit out of St. Maarten, and I just want to know if DH should purchase some before boarding. He has been fairly happy with the limited selection onboard Royal Caribbean ships so he can definitely be flexible.

Thanks!

🙂 amcb

I am not aware of any limitations on cigar and pipe smoking in the smoking areas I've used on M class or E class ships.  That said, DH and I are cigarette smokers who don't mind cigar and pipe smoke so it isn't something I would have looked to find. I know that cigars were smoked in the deck 15 area on the Edge because I remember a number of poker games being played there. I can't recall if there were or were not cigar and pipe smoking in the aft areas.

2 hours ago, Cdresser said:

I thought the area by Eden had ceased smoking due to complaints from cabins above?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I remember correctly cigar smoking was limited to the port side of the lawn area on S Class ships. Not sure about M and E Class. You may find cigar smokers in other smoking areas, but that is likely because the type of smoking is not very well publicized other than in the Dailies. 

2 hours ago, amcb said:

Does anyone know if they sell cigars on the ships? We are sailing Summit out of St. Maarten, and I just want to know if DH should purchase some before boarding. He has been fairly happy with the limited selection onboard Royal Caribbean ships so he can definitely be flexible.

Thanks!

🙂 amcb

I remember seeing single or small cigars packs on the ship in the shop that sells single packs of cigs. If I smoked, I would have been more observant. 

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I thought the area by Eden had ceased smoking due to complaints from cabins above?

When I was there in Dec 2019 this was still a smoking area but that could have changed since then.

On 6/22/2021 at 2:44 PM, amcb said:

Thanks!

🙂 amcb

On past cruises on Equinox (this will be #5), they have sold cigars both in the shops as well as a selection at the Sunset Bar.  Quite convenient.  As for me, I bring a supply on board with me and use the above sources as backup.  Enjoy and Long Ashes my friend.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2021 at 5:44 PM, amcb said:

Thanks!

🙂 amcb

In Phillipsburg if you have the time, get your DH to go check out the famous Juggie's.  He has a unique little place not far from the ship and he sells real Cuban cigars among other things.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147347-d9869920-Reviews-Juggie_s_Place-Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

In Phillipsburg if you have the time, get your DH to go check out the famous Juggie's.  He has a unique little place not far from the ship and he sells real Cuban cigars among other things.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147347-d9869920-Reviews-Juggie_s_Place-Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

he's great. everytime  i go, he gives me a beer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

What a great suggestion!  Thanks so much.  I'm sure DH will appreciate it.  We're flying in the day prior to our cruise so we should have plenty of time to visit Juggie's.

On 6/22/2021 at 4:44 PM, amcb said:

Thanks!

🙂 amcb

Considering how everything is going right now, he's probably better off getting what sticks he knows he enjoys and bringing them with him.  If he has a portable humidor, then he knows he's good to go.  If not, a Ziploc bag works just fine for a the week or so you'll be on board (but I'm telling you something y'all probably already know).

In any case, I'd hate to count on something being there and then finding out it wasn't.  Until dust settles, I hesitate to make assumptions.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Considering how everything is going right now, he's probably better off getting what sticks he knows he enjoys and bringing them with him.  If he has a portable humidor, then he knows he's good to go.  If not, a Ziploc bag works just fine for a the week or so you'll be on board (but I'm telling you something y'all probably already know).

In any case, I'd hate to count on something being there and then finding out it wasn't.  Until dust settles, I hesitate to make assumptions.

All good points! As I said earlier, he's pretty flexible. He hates to "complicate things" so the ability to get something on board or in port solves the problem. 😉 amcb