Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

31 minutes ago, victoriaj said:

I understand the Apple watch strap is same size and costs a lot less maybe someone knows more about this,

Apple watch band would not work, it is two separate pieces that connect to apple watch. Plus apple band is $49 or so. Fit Bit straps work and Medallion bands can be found on Amazon. Amazon bands vary in price and are similar to bands onboard cheaper. Amazon calls the Air Tag holders, Onboard band was $12 and limited colors. BTW this discussion was about the bracelet.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, victoriaj said:

I understand the Apple watch strap is same size and costs a lot less maybe someone knows more about this,

We were discussing the metal bracelet.  Is the Apple watch strap metal?  The ones I saw on Amazon were plastic or silicone straps which are much less expensive (whether you purchase from Amazon or Princess).  Everything I've seen here and on Amazon says if the strap is advertised as fitting an Apple Air Tag, the medallion will fit.

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Apple watch band would not work, it is two separate pieces that connect to apple watch. Plus apple band is $49 or so. Fit Bit straps work and Medallion bands can be found on Amazon. Amazon bands vary in price and are similar to bands onboard cheaper. Amazon calls the Air Tag holders, Onboard band was $12 and limited colors. BTW this discussion was about the bracelet.

Fit Bit!  That's what I saw on Amazon.

Edited by cltnccruisers

1 hour ago, Sea Green said:

How do you upload your security picture on the medallion app? I have tried both ways. When I try to upload a photograph it tells me 'unable to save, please try later.' When I try to take a photo directly from the app it just returns to the camera screen in a loop. 

Im guessing they can take a photo at the port if I just can't get it to work?        

I don’t know if this fix was a fluke. My friends with an Android phone had the same issue. I was able to upload their photos by editing  the photo into an approximate square and uploading. Message gone. I guess it’s worth a try. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

We were discussing the metal bracelet.  Is the Apple watch strap metal?  The ones I saw on Amazon were plastic or silicone straps which are much less expensive (whether you purchase from Amazon or Princess).  Everything I've seen here and on Amazon says if the strap is advertised as fitting an Apple Air Tag, the medallion will fit.

I haven’t seen any metal ones, only on Princess.  I bought the bracelet in gold on the ship $54, it's a bangle bracelet and it holds the OM in by a magnet. The medallion is a magnet also.  It is really pretty, but not that comfortable.  I also have the rubber one $12.  I used a fitbit bracelet back in 2018/19 when OM first started.  It isn’t a perfect fit, but it works.

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

That's the "no problems; ready to board' lane.  There is no higher.

10 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

You're green.  Don't touch anything!!  😀

Thanks both. Will be also get a boarding pass to print off nearer the time or do we just use the QR code that is on the app?

10 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Thanks both. Will be also get a boarding pass to print off nearer the time or do we just use the QR code that is on the app?

No boarding pass. Use the QR code.

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

So is our boarding time the time we have picked then as we picked 11 to 11.30 to arrive and they don’t start boarding till 12.30 it says.

I have the same issue with an upcoming UK cruise. I am also in the first boarding group at 11am but the Travel Summary states that boarding starts at 12.30pm. I'll get there at 11am. I raised this on our Roll Call and a few said boarding rarely starts at 11am and others said it does, so I'll just go with the time I selected from the options Princess gave me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amajaa said:

So is our boarding time the time we have picked then as we picked 11 to 11.30 to arrive and they don’t start boarding till 12.30 it says.

Boarding normally starts quite a bit before noon - unless there is some sort of delay.

1 hour ago, Astromaid said:

Can you use these types of clasps with the medallion? 

00D5D38E-BE20-4E92-8A59-E5D96EB94EF2.jpeg

The medallion comes inside a small clear plastic holder, which will come with a lanyard you can attach. Or, you can use your own lanyard as shown above.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leck57 said:

No boarding pass. Use the QR code.

Not sure what you mean, we printed our boarding passes. Do you mean no need for boarding pass? A person without smart phone would be happy with boarding pass.

2 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

Is there a phone  to call?

I’ve only seen the regular line

1 800 princess and then there’s an option for medallion class IT.  But, to get through, call early when they open

8am PT.  The old help line was discontinued a few months ago.

Are you traveling very soon?

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’ve only seen the regular line

1 800 princess and then there’s an option for medallion class IT.  But, to get through, call early when they open

8am PT.  The old help line was discontinued a few months ago.

Are you traveling very soon?

Not until August but trying to book a specialty restaurant the first night.  I get all the way through: pick the date, pick the time, add the people, select the restaurant, do the credit card and then it says can't process and I need to check my name.  I can't figure out what is wrong - I have deleted, re-entering, etc.

21 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

Not until August but trying to book a specialty restaurant the first night.  I get all the way through: pick the date, pick the time, add the people, select the restaurant, do the credit card and then it says can't process and I need to check my name.  I can't figure out what is wrong - I have deleted, re-entering, etc.

They are having issues with DMW today. But, who knows?

You can try this email also.

A360ad7@carnival.com

This is an IT person for Ocean Medallion.

List your full names.

Booking no/nos

Ship and sailing date

Exactly what your trying to do and the

response you are getting.

LMK if they help.

Make sure you have the latest updates on your phone first.  Sign out and back in the app.  Before you email.  Get out of the app while he is working on it. 
He will email you and let you know if he’s working on it.

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The medallion comes inside a small clear plastic holder, which will come with a lanyard you can attach. Or, you can use your own lanyard as shown above.

It's a bit of a tight fit with the lanyard but I think the ruby clasp would work.

2 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

Make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces in your name. Make sure you have the country code in your phone number. Either of these can make the app fail. Extremely poor programming.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Not sure what you mean, we printed our boarding passes. Do you mean no need for boarding pass? A person without smart phone would be happy with boarding pass.

I thought boarding passes did not exist now and that the App QR code was the pass. I may be completely wrong. That said I'm not sure what Princess do for people without the App on a device.

You mention that you printed your boarding passes. Can you tell me where you did that from? I have checked the Personalizer and I can print my Travel Summary and luggage tags but can't see any link to print a Boarding Pass. Cheers.

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

I thought boarding passes did not exist now and that the App QR code was the pass. I may be completely wrong. That said I'm not sure what Princess do for people without the App on a device.

You mention that you printed your boarding passes. Can you tell me where you did that from? I have checked the Personalizer and I can print my Travel Summary and luggage tags but can't see any link to print a Boarding Pass. Cheers.

I believe you are correct.  I don't recall printing boarding passes for our 2 recent cruises.  We simple were directed to the agent where our Medallions were scanned, our passports checked and we were on our way.

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

You are correct.  Just print luggage tags and travel summary from the website.

If you don’t have a smartphone or unable to complete the app, just show up at the port, they will do it for you. 

If you did complete the app, go through the green lane. The QR code automatically works with the medallion 

when you go through the green lane. The agent checks your documents and you’re done.