Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

3 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I don't know.  Who?

Certainly no one has posted anything like that in this thread ... so, I'm not really sure what you're responding to.

Just a comment regarding those who seem to feel that being "Elite" confers some wondrous level of importance. They are out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just a comment regarding those who seem to feel that being "Elite" confers some wondrous level of importance. They are out there.

The biggest benefit to me was/is the insurance upgrade.

That was shared only with my travel agent.

6 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

The biggest benefit to me was/is the insurance upgrade.

That was shared only with my travel agent.

The insurance upgrade is a good perk and it actually accrues to your account when you make Platinum. We never really worried about status. It just kind of happened on it's own. We accumulated enough days at sea to become "Elite" but don't really feel like we are "Elite" as compared to anybody else. We'll gladly accept the minor perks but didn't make any conscious effort to achieve that level. We just enjoyed cruising.

We started with Princess and were pleased with the line, the service, and the crew. Almost all of the crew have been amazing. The Filipino crew have been exceptional but we have also had crew from multiple other countries who were exceptional. We had one truly horrible steward and one truly horrible crew member (the crew member was an assistant CD who went by the name of Scottish Ken - I'd happily toss that guy overboard) - and one truly horrible cabin (P328 on Emerald Princess). Amazingly enough,  all of those "worst things" were on the same cruise. (I guess it's not really so amazing that all of the "bad things" were on the same cruise as we are normally big time Princess fans.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

The insurance upgrade is a good perk and it actually accrues to your account when you make Platinum. We never really worried about status. It just kind of happened on it's own. We accumulated enough days at sea to become "Elite" but don't really feel like we are "Elite" as compared to anybody else. We'll gladly accept the minor perks but didn't make any conscious effort to achieve that level. We just enjoyed cruising.

We started with Princess and were pleased with the line, the service, and the crew. Almost all of the crew have been amazing. The Filipino crew have been exceptional but we have also had crew from multiple other countries who were exceptional. We had one truly horrible steward and one truly horrible crew member (the crew member was an assistant CD who went by the name of Scottish Ken - I'd happily toss that guy overboard) - and one truly horrible cabin (P328 on Emerald Princess). Amazingly enough,  all of those "worst things" were on the same cruise. (I guess it's not really so amazing that all of the "bad things" were on the same cruise as we are normally big time Princess fans.)

As a matter of interest what was wrong with P328?

Also I never knew anything about insurance , is it just in the USA or worldwide it applies?

Edited by amajaa

I have a question please about booking entertainment. I noticed someone said the other day about the calendar icon is entertainment. So I thought I would have a look. No theatre shows showing just mostly things that are trying to sell you something like Effy, the art action and acupuncture etc. There was however a few quiz/game shows so I clicked and bookmarked the music one and the film one. I didn’t click on the yes/no one or the marriage one just in case I was signing up to be up on the stage taking part.  My question is if you bookmark a quiz especially the two latter ones are you inadvertently signing up to be up there taken part on the stage? 

Also will the theatre shows or any daytime lectures come up under the icon before we sail or will they appear a day at a time?

I had many things entered into the medallion for our upcoming world cruise.  I have been trying (all morning) to log into the medallion to check some dinner reservations.  All that shows is a cruise that is over.  That cruise was from 2/12/22-2/27/22.  It now shows that cruise as 2/12/22- 2/27/2027.  Five years long.  If I add the booking number for the world cruise, this mystery 5 year long cruise is all that shows up.  I’ve opened and closed the app, deleted and reloaded the app and tried to log in every which way.  Now what? I’m totally frustrated.  

7 minutes ago, jeno said:

I had many things entered into the medallion for our upcoming world cruise.  I have been trying (all morning) to log into the medallion to check some dinner reservations.  All that shows is a cruise that is over.  That cruise was from 2/12/22-2/27/22.  It now shows that cruise as 2/12/22- 2/27/2027.  Five years long.  If I add the booking number for the world cruise, this mystery 5 year long cruise is all that shows up.  I’ve opened and closed the app, deleted and reloaded the app and tried to log in every which way.  Now what? I’m totally frustrated.  

I want to go on the 5 year cruise!!!

Is your upcoming cruise very soon?

Does it show correctly

on the website, cruise personalizer?

If it does, give it an hour or so and recheck the app. They seem to be doing updates on the weekends.  

Sign out and back in the App.  

Let me know if it’s straightened out?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I want to go on the 5 year cruise!!!

Is your upcoming cruise very soon?

Does it show correctly

on the website, cruise personalizer?

If it does, give it an hour or so and recheck the app. They seem to be doing updates on the weekends.  

Sign out and back in the App.  

Let me know if it’s straightened out?

Shows correctly on cruise Personalizer. 

11 minutes ago, jeno said:

Not until early January.  

If it’s still crazy tmrw, then I’d send an email to the IT team and tell them to fix it.

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Subject field:  Please fix my booking 

full names:

booking no:

ship and sail date:

Explain your situation, missing booking,

garbled dates on cruise in their, etc.

Ask them to fix the cruise, so you can continue to work on the details for cruise.

Let us know if they fix it.

They usually take a few days to answer. But, I’ve had good luck with them. 

Sometimes, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it.  You won’t lose anything.  It just resets it sometimes.  Also, I’ve shutdown my phone and then back on.

Is this a b2b also?  Did you recently change the cruise or add a b2b to it?

Sometimes that throws a monkey in the wrench of this app. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, amajaa said:

As a matter of interest what was wrong with P328?

The cabin is an inside that is "extra skinny". There is room for one bedside table only. If you have twin beds the table is in the middle. If you have the bed as a queen there is room on one side for a table and a barely navigable space on the other side of the bed. Additionally, we had loud bangs and thuds at all hours. When we first boarded we thought the banging and thudding noise must be from taking oncargo below us. However, the noises persisted throughout the 14 day cruise. Also, I believe the stabilizers must be right by that cabin which created an amazing amount of noise.

The location was fine. The room was not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, amajaa said:

Also I never knew anything about insurance , is it just in the USA or worldwide it applies?

Princess Vacation Protection has two levels. When one becomes Platinum they get the higher level of insurance at the cost of the lower level.

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Princess Vacation Protection has two levels. When one becomes Platinum they get the higher level of insurance at the cost of the lower level.

Actually,  that benefit kicks in at Ruby level, after 3 cruise credits or 30 days.

2 hours ago, donswife said:

Actually,  that benefit kicks in at Ruby level, after 3 cruise credits or 30 days.

D'Oh!  I didn't realize that. When we first started cruising there wasn't a Ruby level and one had to reach Platinum for that benefit to accrue. Thanks for correcting me.

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Okay thanks, we have free yearly travel insurance from our bank so have not looked at this. Well when I say free it’s not as such because we pay a monthly fee for the bank account and pay a bit extra for being over 70 but it still works out cheaper than other yearly travel insurance policies. 

Edited by amajaa

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

D'Oh!  I didn't realize that. When we first started cruising there wasn't a Ruby level and one had to reach Platinum for that benefit to accrue. Thanks for correcting me.

No problem.  I only know because I looked it up. My daughter is still gold level.  Do you think it is worth paying to upgrade to the platinum coverage for a 4 day cruise out of LA?

3 hours ago, donswife said:

No problem.  I only know because I looked it up. My daughter is still gold level.  Do you think it is worth paying to upgrade to the platinum coverage for a 4 day cruise out of LA?

No advice here. That's a personal decision.

Ok...went to the app store & pulled up the app & it says "Open"

App opens right up & it already has our Sept 2022 cruise in it.

(KInda weird as I don't think we used this app 10 years ago...the last time we sailed Princess).

BUT there is no way to put the app ON my phone screen.

I can open it from the app store, but no actual app??

The whole thing is weird start to finish.

But since I may have 5 Princess cruises in the next 6 months I'd like to get this straightened out!

10 minutes ago, KKB said:

Ok...went to the app store & pulled up the app & it says "Open"

App opens right up & it already has our Sept 2022 cruise in it.

(KInda weird as I don't think we used this app 10 years ago...the last time we sailed Princess).

I can open it from the app store, but no actual app??

The whole thing is weird start to finish.

But since I may have 5 Princess cruises in the next 6 months I'd like to get this straightened out!

I am guessing you are Apple, so IDK if the same as Android in this regard, but if the App Store detects the App is installed, it will just offer you to open it.  In Android, there can be Apps on your home screen(s), but there is a whole separate set of App pages and you will likely find the Princess App there.

You should find it, delete it and reinstall if you have not used it for 10 years (I am not even sure if an App existed 10 years ago).  Nonetheless, this will make sure you install the latest version.

6 minutes ago, KKB said:

I can open it from the app store, but no actual app?

What kind of phone do you have?  If it’s an iPhone after you click “get” in the app store it probably went to the app library on your phone.  Swipe left to see it.  Apple will put it in a folder that may not be intuitive so there is search for your app library at the top of the page.

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am guessing you are Apple, so IDK if the same as Android in this regard, but if the App Store detects the App is installed, it will just offer you to open it.  In Android, there can be Apps on your home screen(s), but there is a whole separate set of App pages and you will likely find the Princess App there.

You should find it, delete it and reinstall if you have not used it for 10 years (I am not even sure if an App existed 10 years ago).  Nonetheless, this will make sure you install the latest version.

23 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

What kind of phone do you have?  If it’s an iPhone after you click “get” in the app store it probably went to the app library on your phone.  Swipe left to see it.  Apple will put it in a folder that may not be intuitive so there is search for your app library at the top of the page.

That's what was weird--I saw it NOWHERE on my on my iphone in any folder (as I thought I should have the way it opened...)

At first I didn't even see it when I swiped left...then yep, saw it.

Deleted & reloaded; of course now all my info is gone. (still not sure how it got there initially!)

16 minutes ago, KKB said:

That's what was weird--I saw it NOWHERE on my on my iphone in any folder (as I thought I should have the way it opened...)

At first I didn't even see it when I swiped left...then yep, saw it.

Deleted & reloaded; of course now all my info is gone. (still not sure how it got there initially!)

That info wouldn't matter.  If you have a current booking, it should show up in the App when logged in.  OR, you can login with Name. Birthdate, Booking Number.

What fresh H E Double Hockey Sticks is this? Got an emergency notification for my cruise on Friday instructing me to:

1. Download Medallion App (yup, did that)

2. Get Ocean Ready (I've been trying for months)

3. Choose an Arrival Time (spinning wheel of death)

4. Complete health questionnaire no later than 24 hours of boarding (white screen of death)

All this followed by - "Present your Ocean Ready QR code for boarding". Umm, what now? QR code? Where in the heck do I find this? I am so over this worthless app.