Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

19 hours ago, san diego sue said:

So mine, even adding new cruises to the appl. still keeps showing us as B instead of E for elite. My bookings in personalizer are correct. I was worried that my medallions will come in wrong once ordered. Well, I now know that won't happen. I just ordered medallions for my next cruise in November. The program is now slightly different. When you go into the order process, it will show your medallion status color . Mine does show black for elite. So I guess the "B" on our photos in the Medallion App. is just an annoyance and I will ignore it. Obvious Princess wont' fix it since they have ignored my requests.

Okay, it was as we thought…a glitch.

Here’s a response today, when I asked the IT team.

Quote:

It is just a glitch, we have seen it before. You are showing as Elite throughout the system and you will be treated as such aboard ship, when they pull up your information it will appear as elite. In our system you appear as Elite. 
E is Elite
P is Platinum
B is Blue 

Please let me know if they change or not, to make it all easier it should reflect the correct loyalty level. I will continue to follow up. Please share the booking numbers with me so I can check as well. 

unquote

If you would like to email your bookings numbers you can.  Just tell them, here ate some examples of the wrong letter in our photos, as far as Captain Circle status.  Up to you.  

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think they wanted customized ones.

Yes, it is easy to pick up at the port.

But, it does save a few minutes if you have it and no lines. 

At Long Beach / San Pedro when we entered the main hall we were simply directed 'Right for Platinum/Elite Left for others. I did not see anywhere for those in Green Lane or Holding Medallion. So, my point was there are questions about ordering / will they get here in time / what if they are lost.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

At Long Beach / San Pedro when we entered the main hall we were simply directed 'Right for Platinum/Elite Left for others. I did not see anywhere for those in Green Lane or Holding Medallion. So, my point was there are questions about ordering / will they get here in time / what if they are lost.

True. I wouldn’t worry about it for sure.

Ports are different also.  Some have green lanes.  But, I understand what you’re saying.  

On 5/4/2022 at 10:07 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Go into the Ocean Medallion..

Order history…. Anything there?

Click on the sailing tab, if shown..

Does it show your selection?

You should get an email confirmation

like was

asked by cltnccruisers.  That would

confirm your order went through or your cc charge.

You may need for a PCL rep to complete your order if it won’t work.

I’d call first thing in the morning, so the wait won’t be so long.

I can't find Order history anywhere.  We did not get an email or charge on our CC.  It still shows as order in process.  I've tried to add more items, finalize the order, I've added the shipping address and payment method.  When I get to the end for the order review, it's blank and I can't push the place your order button.  It doesn't light up.  The address and payment doesn't show up either.  I will have to call them.  

2 hours ago, Mom&MeCruiseAL said:

Nothing.  It isn't lit up so I can't push it.

Then it did not take your order. Sounds like another glitch.  

Did you try to just order the free medallion and free lanyard?

If you want to do that, you can buy accessories once on board.

Or, call them and ask that they process your order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mom&MeCruiseAL said:

I can't find Order history anywhere.  We did not get an email or charge on our CC.  It still shows as order in process.  I've tried to add more items, finalize the order, I've added the shipping address and payment method.  When I get to the end for the order review, it's blank and I can't push the place your order button.  It doesn't light up.  The address and payment doesn't show up either.  I will have to call them.  

Try this order of steps:

1. Login to MC App.  Your next voyage should appear.

2. On the main screen under OCEAN Ready, tap Choose Your Medallion Wearable (step 2).  Is that Green checked, BTW?

3. You should now see a screen with a gray X at the top left (to exit and go back).  Page is titled "Yor Medallion device".  Photo of woman's arm wearing a Medallion bracelet.  Below that should be your booking number, ship, date, and and EDIT button.

4. Below that is "Completed Medallion orders", and your names.  Below that is a bluish "Order History" button (scroll to reach it).

5. Tap the "Order History" button to pop up any order you have.  Then tap on that order summary box.  You will see a blue check mark and the screen will refresh to your Order Summary.

6. If you have never ordered Medallions, you are not going to have Order History/Summary.

You can also access it this way: 

2. On the main screen under OCEAN Ready, tap Personal Information & Documents (step 1).  Is that Green checked, BTW?

3. On the PI&D page, scroll down to the second last line which is "Choose your Medallion wearable" (which will be Green checked if you have been through this step before).  Tap on that and it takes you to the page/screen in Step 3 above.

4. Note that I have observed going in this way, an orange button appears on top right side of the page - across from the gray X.  The button is labeled "Order review".

28 minutes ago, wineglass said:

Does anyone know how to delete a travel companion from ocean ready? Somehow I have a unknown person added. 

Did you recently try to add or link a booking to yours? 

Are you under OceanReady profile and then under travel companion?

Are you currently sailing?

Does it show your correct travel companion, if you have one?

Plus this extra person?

Now we have to deal with stowaways?

lol

This is a new one for me.  Steelers36?

You have a clue?

12 hours ago, wineglass said:

Does anyone know how to delete a travel companion from ocean ready? Somehow I have a unknown person added. 

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

This is a new one for me.  Steelers36?

You have a clue?

Login to MC App.

On main menu page, scroll down to Journey View and tap on Travel Companions.

On the next page, any added Travel Companions are listed and there is a "Delete" box off to the right of each one and just tap on that.

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Login to MC App.

On main menu page, scroll down to Journey View and tap on Travel Companions.

On the next page, any added Travel Companions are listed and there is a "Delete" box off to the right of each one and just tap on that.

Thanks for the reply.  I have Journey View then Travel companions…but then only option to add companions.

No delete or x option.  I do remember when onboard, seeing old companions, which I could delete.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks for the reply.  I have Journey View then Travel companions…but then only option to add companions.

No delete or x option.  I do remember when onboard, seeing old companions, which I could delete.

I would say if you see no companions, there are no companions for that voyage. ???

Edited by Steelers36

I posted this info on the DMW thread, but thought it could be useful here.  Princess has a relatively new expanded Call Tree.  Options shown below and note the two ways to get to OCEAN Team.

PHONE TREE @ 1-800-PRINCES

1 - TA's

2 - Existing Res

3 - New Booking

4 - CVP

OTHER - Just wait during the pause for further options.

1 - MC App & DMW

OTHER - Continue to wait on hold

Select 1 when offered MC App & DMW

Next options:

1 - OCEAN Ready Help

2 - DMW Help

Select 2.

1 - Elite, Platinum, Suite, Club Class

2 - Others

OPTION 2:

1 - TA's

2 - Existing Res

3 - New Booking

4 - CVP

Select #2 option above and you get:

1 - MC App & DMW Issues

2 - Make a Payment

3 - Shore Excursions

4 - EZ-Air

5 - FCC questions or usage

Other - just wait

Note that option 1 above takes you to the same place as the path followed in the first ETA section.

When you reach OCEAN team line, it offers you a Call-Back option if don't want to wait on hold.  Tried that this morning and it worked well.  

Also, I noticed that going to a regular PCL rep, they now tell you an estimate of wait time.  Baby steps.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I posted this info on the DMW thread, but thought it could be useful here.  Princess has a relatively new expanded Call Tree.  Options shown below and note the two ways to get to OCEAN Team.

1 - TA's

2 - Existing Res

3 - New Booking

4 - CVP

1 - MC App & DMW

OTHER - Continue to wait on hold

Select 1 when offered MC App & DMW

Next options:

1 - OCEAN Ready Help

2 - DMW Help

Select 2.

1 - Elite, Platinum, Suite, Club Class

2 - Others

OPTION 2:

1 - TA's

2 - Existing Res

3 - New Booking

4 - CVP

Select #2 option above and you get:

1 - MC App & DMW Issues

2 - Make a Payment

3 - Shore Excursions

4 - EZ-Air

5 - FCC questions or usage

Other - just wait

Note that option 1 above takes you to the same place as the path followed in the first ETA section.

When you reach OCEAN team line, it offers you a Call-Back option if don't want to wait on hold.  Tried that this morning and it worked well.  

Also, I noticed that going to a regular PCL rep, they now tell you an estimate of wait time.  Baby steps.

Thank you.  Hopefully, the poster wineglass will see this and call the

Ocean team.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wineglass said:

I assume you figured it out?  IT dept said… if you have someone on there you don’t know, please email them with the booking  no. so they can fix it.  Explain the problem, your name, sgip and sailing date and rhe booking no.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

I have a question. When I sign into the medallion class app on my iPhone it has my husband’s profile showing up as the main person.  I am listed in the personal information section, but can’t figure out how to get my info to show up as the primary person on my phone. I’m worried about things like ordering drinks using the drink package or making purchases.  Will I be able to do these things if my phone app only shows my husband?

2 hours ago, sundaypeople5 said:

I have a question. When I sign into the medallion class app on my iPhone it has my husband’s profile showing up as the main person.  I am listed in the personal information section, but can’t figure out how to get my info to show up as the primary person on my phone. I’m worried about things like ordering drinks using the drink package or making purchases.  Will I be able to do these things if my phone app only shows my husband?

Does he have his own Princess login id (email address) and password?  My wife and I have our own logins, for example, even though I do everything with Princess and our TA.  If I use her login to MC App, it is her profile photo that shows at the top left of the screen.  When I sign in as me, it my photo that shows.  I am the primary person on our bookings since I do all the arranging/setup, etc.  When either of us are logged in, we both show up in the OCEAN Ready section.  

48 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Does he have his own Princess login id (email address) and password?  My wife and I have our own logins, for example, even though I do everything with Princess and our TA.  If I use her login to MC App, it is her profile photo that shows at the top left of the screen.  When I sign in as me, it my photo that shows.  I am the primary person on our bookings since I do all the arranging/setup, etc.  When either of us are logged in, we both show up in the OCEAN Ready section.  

How did you get that set up?  My husband  shows up on mine in the top left. 

39 minutes ago, sundaypeople5 said:

How did you get that set up?  My husband  shows up on mine in the top left. 

I didn't do anything.  Now, that said, we were users of the old MedallionClass app's (when they ad multiples) before the new release during Covid.  So, we had some info like our photos and passport info in the System previously.  Not sure how much difference that makes.

Both you and hubby will have Captain's Circle member numbers.  You should both have your own Princess.com logins using email and password.  Those have been synchronized with the MC App for a long time now (some folks had issues at the outset having different Id/Pswd combo's). 

I suggest you make sure both you and hubby can login with same id/pswd to both Princess.com and the MC App.  You might also try the web-based OCEAN Ready which you link to from the Cruise Personalizer at Princess.com. 

Otherwise, call Princess and use the offered phone menu selections to get help with OCEAN Ready.

12 hours ago, sundaypeople5 said:

My one experience with the app onboard the ship...both of our photos/names showed up when attempting an order. You pick the one you want.

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm travelling on the Regal in June with my husband and our 11 month old son. On the medallion app for my baby, when I select he's not vaccinated it then says he's unwell which is annoying. When I select that he's exempt it only gives the option for religious or medical. 

I called princess and the advisor told me to select that he's vaccinated which I don't feel comfortable doing because it's not true. Any advice? 

23 minutes ago, Lauraa88 said:

Hi all, I'm travelling on the Regal in June with my husband and our 11 month old son. On the medallion app for my baby, when I select he's not vaccinated it then says he's unwell which is annoying. When I select that he's exempt it only gives the option for religious or medical. 

I called princess and the advisor told me to select that he's vaccinated which I don't feel comfortable doing because it's not true. Any advice? 

Hmmm....he's too young to vaccinate.  So how is Princess counting him in their numbers to the CDC?  If they count him as a vaccinated passenger then the count to the CDC is a lie.  Then again, the count may allow for his being underage and not include him at all.

As the lesser of two evils I think I'd be inclined to list him as unwell then resolve it at the port rather than potentially, however remote, jeopardizing the entire cruise as being under the 90% requirement.

This falls under the "Why the Heck Didn't They Think of That?" column for the app.

1 hour ago, Lauraa88 said:

You could use medically exempt. He's not old enough for the vaccine, so in my opinion (with 30+ years of nursing behind me), that's a medical reason.

Princess might not agree. 

• Like 4