Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

We are on the June 18th Rome to Barcelona. I have given up on the App and resorted to the Cruise Personaliser on the website.

But this shows our flights with the departure and arrival times as the same. So we are leaving Munich at 13.25 and arriving at Rome at the same time and not 14.55 (the correct times are shown on our Travel Summary). We have transfers booked with Princess but do I need to be concerned that our transport will not be there?

I have contacted the Medallion Techs but they did not understand my concerns

13 minutes ago, Travelmadoldie said:

We are on the June 18th Rome to Barcelona. I have given up on the App and resorted to the Cruise Personaliser on the website.

But this shows our flights with the departure and arrival times as the same. So we are leaving Munich at 13.25 and arriving at Rome at the same time and not 14.55 (the correct times are shown on our Travel Summary). We have transfers booked with Princess but do I need to be concerned that our transport will not be there?

I have contacted the Medallion Techs but they did not understand my concerns

Sounds like you found a wormhole connecting Munich and Rome.  😀

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, capriccio said:

One device at a time.  You can switch between them.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact process but it wasn't too hard (someone will probably chime in) and basically if you are currently logged in on device #1 and try to log in on device #2 you get a message asking if you want to disconnect from the first device.

Thank you for that information!  I was trying to figure out whether I needed to do one device or multiple.  Sounds like single is the answer for us. 

Has anyone successfully accepted the Passage Contract recently?  I've been trying since Friday but it keeps removing the checkbox when I hit "Save" (on those occasions when it lets me get that far.)

I tried on three different iDevices and the web version, including the new app version released today, all behave the same.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:55 PM, smf81 said:

Has anyone successfully accepted the Passage Contract recently?  I've been trying since Friday but it keeps removing the checkbox when I hit "Save" (on those occasions when it lets me get that far.)

I tried on three different iDevices and the web version, including the new app version released today, all behave the same.

Been having the same problems for days.

The strange thing is, I was able to complete mine after trying multiple times, but not for my DW.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but I am having an issue with the app because I was booked on the Crown Princess for July and had all my stuff fully loaded but we decided to switch ships to the Majestic on the same dates.  We did this a couple of days ago, but the app won't update with the new booking number/ship.  All of my old info is in the app for the Crown cruise even though it says the cruise was cancelled.  I called Princess and they weren't able to help but said give it time to update.  Trying to book dinner reservations for 13 people so I would like to figure out how to do this.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled and logged in and out also.  They need some better programmers at Princess apparently.  

13 minutes ago, Snate said:

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but I am having an issue with the app because I was booked on the Crown Princess for July and had all my stuff fully loaded but we decided to switch ships to the Majestic on the same dates.  We did this a couple of days ago, but the app won't update with the new booking number/ship.  All of my old info is in the app for the Crown cruise even though it says the cruise was cancelled.  I called Princess and they weren't able to help but said give it time to update.  Trying to book dinner reservations for 13 people so I would like to figure out how to do this.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled and logged in and out also.  They need some better programmers at Princess apparently.  

Give it another day.  When you rebook, website shows up right away, but the app takes a few days to show up your new cruise.  Make sure website is all correct.

Recheck the App tomorrow.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Snate said:

I would stay out of the app today, recheck it tomorrow.  Let it update the rebooking you just did.  

• Like 1

Given the travails some people have trying to upload info onto the medallion app is there really any point in busting a gut/spending hours to get absolutely everything onto the app?

I see uploading vaccine certs and/or test certs is proving especially temperamental .

Do we lose out on much, except a bit of time at embarkation, if we just say "sod it" and turn up with hard copy/phone copy of those two items which I guess staff will be checking anyway? 

(I say "phone copy" because our covid tests are being done on the Friday whilst en-route to a Saturday departure and I'm not expecting to be printing a hard copy of the test result confirmation) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Airwavey said:

Given the travails some people have trying to upload info onto the medallion app is there really any point in busting a gut/spending hours to get absolutely everything onto the app?

Absolutely no reason to "bust a gut"...if you do nothing at all except get all your required docs together, they'll still let you on the ship.

• Like 2

Just noticed that DMW is now available on the website version of the CP.  My complimentary Specialty Restaurant booking is still not showing but after speaking on LIVECHAT yesterday, the lady said she submitted a "ticket" to have them investigate.  

I have another question for you all with regards to the Wi-fi charge.  I see that I can purchase it on the app/website but was wondering if the price is more once you board the ship? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alibabacruisers said:

Just noticed that DMW is now available on the website version of the CP.  My complimentary Specialty Restaurant booking is still not showing but after speaking on LIVECHAT yesterday, the lady said she submitted a "ticket" to have them investigate.  

I have another question for you all with regards to the Wi-fi charge.  I see that I can purchase it on the app/website but was wondering if the price is more once you board the ship? 

I agree - it's back!!!

So, It didn't log me in with userid/pswd, but I did get in with Name, Booking Number, Birthdate.  And you have to be patient for it all to load. 

The layout design seems quite clear.  Except I found once I had clicked on a date on the left side (say, for a SD res), that I couldn't change to another date.  I would click and no response to change to a new date.  I had to go back completely and re-enter DMW.  Either a bug or very poor UI design.

The next thing that caught my attention was that the CG was booked except for Splitting our dining party of four.  Well, I had never seen that in the SD section before - just in MDR.  So, I tried other nights and the full spectrum of times.  It seems odd, and a bit inconceivable to me, that the CG went from wide-open on times to now only being able to seat a couple and not a party of four in any of the timeslots.  In a matter of less than a week, by the way.  I am talking about all three segments of a B2B2B.  I say it's yet another data bug/issue.  

Ah.. just found a workaround for not being able to change the date in the LH column.  The Cancel or Close buttons take you back and "unlock" the ability to select another date.

It is pretty slow when clicking on the only TOD option:  Evening.

BTW - of course my phone App shows same availability in DMW for the CG.

Went to our 4th booking - a single voyage.  Was able to get logged in there with userid (perhaps I miss-typed password on the other booking).  BUT, even though I took the link from this final voyage booking, the web version of MC App Ocean Ready threw me into our first voyage on the REGAL!!

I had this happen back when this option first came out (I have been using MC App on my phone since it works as well as it can). 

So, to get into the 4th voyage, I had to do it by Name, Booking, Birthdate.

On that voyage, DMW ran a little faster (single voyage of 14 nights).  In this case, SD bookings were wide-open as before. 

I next tried full voyage dining plan on the web and worked fine for the single voyage, but I got no response to Evening & Main Dining on that first page. 

I booked a Mediterranean cruise for Sept 2023.  I can't enter it in the App (tells me the information is incorrect) nor can I use the web based cruise personalizer (also says info is incorrect)  TA called Princess and told me the booking is ok.   App is updated.   Anybody have the same problem?

3 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I booked a Mediterranean cruise for Sept 2023.  I can't enter it in the App (tells me the information is incorrect) nor can I use the web based cruise personalizer (also says info is incorrect)  TA called Princess and told me the booking is ok.   App is updated.   Anybody have the same problem?

How long ago did you book it?  In my experience it takes at minimum two days to show up in the app.  

I learned several things about using app on the Island Princess.  1.  The app usage for onboard stuff with VPN enabled  is a no go.  2.  The app when on board, almost daily, looses your log in credentials.  3.  The on board texting to the passengers services desk, after they finally wake up, is a dream come true.  4.  The on board ordering of room service via the app for a delivery time other than now is pretty tricky.  After you order on line they may also call you to say that they are out of xyz then deliver twice the amount of xyz that they were out of.

Sometimes your deck elevator lobby video screens will see your bluetooth signal  nearby and put your name up on the screen.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Happened to us. After the most recent update, our DOBs were reversed (he had mine, I had his) PLUS it gave me his middle name (I don't have one). CVP says he fixed it. I haven't checked...yet.

2 hours ago, Princess Chatterer said:

I learned several things about using app on the Island Princess.  1.  The app usage for onboard stuff with VPN enabled  is a no go.  2.  The app when on board, almost daily, looses your log in credentials.  3.  The on board texting to the passengers services desk, after they finally wake up, is a dream come true.  4.  The on board ordering of room service via the app for a delivery time other than now is pretty tricky.  After you order on line they may also call you to say that they are out of xyz then deliver twice the amount of xyz that they were out of.

Sometimes your deck elevator lobby video screens will see your bluetooth signal  nearby and put your name up on the screen.

Turn Bluetooth off on your device should not be needed.

App works through the WiFi.

it might have detected your medallion

I posted recently (after the latest Android update) about my new issue. DH magically turned "blue" (we're Elite), DOBs switched (he has mine, I have his), couldn't log into anything because DOBs were switched, and I now had DH's middle name. Whoopee!

Contacted the CVP we used for this cruise and he fixed most of it...DH still blue. He didn't know how to fix that.

Forward to today. Saw posts that the web-based app now has DMW (didn't work but that's a story for another day 🙃 ). I am now able to log in using correct DOB. DH had a blank photo icon and almost nothing filled out. Tried to add his passport and got "invalid entry". Gave up and went to DMW and there are 3 passengers!! Me (with correct photo icon), DH (with correct photo icon), and DH with a blank photo icon. Some doofus gave him a new account and his new account is the one that's booked.

CVP found the account # and told me to contact Loyalty. Yeah, on the phone that can have 30 minute or longer hold time. I think I'll wait 'til they start the new "call back" feature that's been promised.

My question: do you thing Chat could consolidate the accounts or do I need to call?...sigh.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I posted recently (after the latest Android update) about my new issue. DH magically turned "blue" (we're Elite), DOBs switched (he has mine, I have his), couldn't log into anything because DOBs were switched, and I now had DH's middle name. Whoopee!

Contacted the CVP we used for this cruise and he fixed most of it...DH still blue. He didn't know how to fix that.

Forward to today. Saw posts that the web-based app now has DMW (didn't work but that's a story for another day 🙃 ). I am now able to log in using correct DOB. DH had a blank photo icon and almost nothing filled out. Tried to add his passport and got "invalid entry". Gave up and went to DMW and there are 3 passengers!! Me (with correct photo icon), DH (with correct photo icon), and DH with a blank photo icon. Some doofus gave him a new account and his new account is the one that's booked.

CVP found the account # and told me to contact Loyalty. Yeah, on the phone that can have 30 minute or longer hold time. I think I'll wait 'til they start the new "call back" feature that's been promised.

My question: do you thing Chat could consolidate the accounts or do I need to call?...sigh.

I say, let it go! Work with what you can. Arrive at the terminal with required documents, board and start having fun

• Thanks 1