Newbie Questions: Air Fare, Wine and Caviar

TV Dad

CardowMD:

Please provide more context for your question.  This will enable CCers to respond with specific information. If I have missed a previous post from you related to this query, please advise.  

What happens on Sundays in a Port is that folks like us who may have already been to that particular Port and done previous tours enjoy remaining on the ship to enjoy the quiet(er) ambience. 

If guests are on their own while on an "all-day tour"--they are responsible for getting back to the ship at the appointed time.  Which is always posted in "Passages"; and reiterated in signage posted near the ramp leading from ship to shore. On these occasions, Compass Rose opens early for breakfast.  

Guests on Regent tours can be assured the ship will not leave without them.  It has happened to us twice on such tours when that Regent-assigned bus broke down enroute back to ship.  Ship waited. 

Will be glad to provide more details following your providing more context. 

GOARMY!

When you are eligible for a night in a hotel before the cruise, and you take a 3 day pre-cruise, you cannot combine the two as mentioned, but you will get the credit for not taking the included room.

12 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

When you are eligible for a night in a hotel before the cruise, and you take a 3 day pre-cruise, you cannot combine the two as mentioned, but you will get the credit for not taking the included room.

I did not get the pre one night hotel or a credit (Connoisseur) when we had 3 day pre-cruise package.  The pre cruise package was included, maybe thats the reason.

Unless something has changed, I believe caviar (not the really good stuff) is available every Sunday in La Veranda.  On Sundays that coincidentally are sea days there is a bigger buffet in Compass Rose with a bigger display of caviar.  

Some suites come with a full “sumptuous” caviar special appetizer delivered to their room (one time), which is the pretty good stuff.  We had that on Explorer in September.  Never saw an option to buy more caviar. The Champagne on arrival in some better suites was Veuve, and the “every day” Champagne was Heidsieck Monopole available at any time, any where.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce61 said:

We had that on Explorer in September.  Never saw an option to buy more caviar

On the Splendor in December there was a caviar for sale menu in our Penthouse C suite. I suspect you can ask for that menu and order from it even at the lower suite levels.

Suprisingly we recieved a $1,700 per air credit to Europe from the West Coast, how do they figure that amount? You certainly can't get over he Pond for anything near that amount. 

Regent Air worked pretty well for us and we get 1st class over. The business class in Europe is now a glorified Economy with the same sized seats and and an empty middle but we only are in it for two hours

As for caviar, my wife thinks I'm being picky but I didn't expect that Regent would be so parsimonious about something that Seabourn dishes out. That's why I wanted to see the listings of what is available and for how much. I can live with lumpfish but I just bought some for $7 per oz.online. I never have it for breakfast, so I guess I am out of luck.I guess that I have a beer belly with a champagne palet. 

3 hours ago, Eric Meyer said:

Suprisingly we recieved a $1,700 per air credit to Europe from the West Coast, how do they figure that amount? You certainly can't get over he Pond for anything near that amount. 

Regent Air worked pretty well for us and we get 1st class over. The business class in Europe is now a glorified Economy with the same sized seats and and an empty middle but we only are in it for two hours

As for caviar, my wife thinks I'm being picky but I didn't expect that Regent would be so parsimonious about something that Seabourn dishes out. That's why I wanted to see the listings of what is available and for how much. I can live with lumpfish but I just bought some for $7 per oz.online. I never have it for breakfast, so I guess I am out of luck.I guess that I have a beer belly with a champagne palet. 

Sounds like you did very well as Regent offers Business Class as included in the overseas cruises. Getting First Class (2x or 3x the price) is a huge win. Caviar = ask your butler (if you have one) or ask to speak to the F&B Manager to see what your complimentary (if any) or paid options are. Enjoy your trip!

@GOARMY Sorry, was continuing the caviar question….referring to the seafood lunch with caviar on Sundays. I wasn’t sure if they would change that to another day. The Navigator , Nov 5, is in a port every day except Saturday, and I have tours booked almost every day. On Sunday probably will not be back on board until 230.

7 hours ago, CardowMD said:

seafood lunch with caviar on Sundays

If you are referring to the “Sunday Sea Day Brunch” then that event is only regularly held on the new class of ships.

On Navigator, caviar & champagne is available without additional charge at breakfast every Sunday in La Veranda or Compass Rose.

If you are booked in a Navigator suite or above then “1 Sumptuous In-Suite Caviar Service” is also included according to the list of suite amenities.

Otherwise enquire with the F&B Manager when you are on board.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CardowMD said:

@flossie009 Thank you for the clarification. Not sure I want caviar and champagne at 7am, but maybe I can get them to put it in the cooler until I get back later in the afternoon😊

That's the way I feel about it. I wonder who suggested that caviar was best in the AM? Sitting on the balcony with some c on a crustini with creme fraiche and a sprinkle of onion- ah heaven!

BTW (R) you might want to talk to your TA about the credit for the unused hotel. I recieved one for a pre-trip.

Edited by Eric Meyer

We have had posts in the past but no pre's until our upcoming cruise. We're in a Penthouse and would have had one night included. We did not have a credit for the unused hotel night on our invoice.

On our cruise last year, we could drive to the port and back, and didn't need flights. We did receive air credits on our invoice.

For international flights, we have always asked what the credit would be, and only once was it enough to book a flight on our own. But that wasn't on Regent. Taking the credit works if you are near the port, or if you have a lot of miles for a particular airline that can get you there and/or back.

12 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

We have had posts in the past but no pre's until our upcoming cruise. We're in a Penthouse and would have had one night included. We did not have a credit for the unused hotel night on our invoice.

My mistake. I found the invoice we received when our final payment was due and we each had $140 subtracted as a hotel credit.

• Thanks 1

And we will be flying domestic for just about the longest domestic route possible. Florida to Alaska.  Sad to say our Sunday will be a port day, so no caviar.  Hubby won't spring for the upgrade to comfort+.

On 6/29/2021 at 3:22 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

The best brunch ever is ….Sunday at sea …. on Regent. Not only caviar but so much more. And, it’s all delicious. After that, you can not eat the rest of the day ( until dinner)!

I keep hearing people mention Sunday Brunch, my first Regent cruise is in June in Alaska but on Sunday we're in port from 7am-4pm and I have 2 excursions booked... I don't want to miss the brunch. Do you remember timing of brunch? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LipstickLeslie said:

I keep hearing people mention Sunday Brunch, my first Regent cruise is in June in Alaska but on Sunday we're in port from 7am-4pm and I have 2 excursions booked... I don't want to miss the brunch. Do you remember timing of brunch? 

The big brunch is only on sea days Sundays. Every Sunday there is caviar and champagne in La Veranda and Compass Rose.

It's not on every sea day Sunday. We had a sea day Sunday on Splendor in January, and there was no big brunch. No big brunch at all on that 21-day cruise, which was a bit disappointing.

9 hours ago, carolcp said:

And we will be flying domestic for just about the longest domestic route possible. Florida to Alaska.  Sad to say our Sunday will be a port day, so no caviar.  Hubby won't spring for the upgrade to comfort+.

We did this last year--not quite as far as FL, but still an 8hr+ flight to Anchorage from JFK.  Only basic coach was available on the way there...but we got prem economy on the way back (first unavailable either way).  We survived it, but it reminded me how lucky we are to be able to fly biz or above.

We did a Tahiti cruise in Jan. and we took the air credit (9200 can$) and booked our business class flights out of SF on United for(6200 can). A big score, and the Polaris lounge in SFO was a highlight of the trip. 

Flight was great as well!

There does not appear to be a caviar consensus on this thread.

We were in a PH on Navigator - never able to get caviar and we missed the Sunday brunch.  Very disappointing as their competition offers it always and generously.

16 minutes ago, caviargal said:

There does not appear to be a caviar consensus on this thread.

We were in a PH on Navigator - never able to get caviar and we missed the Sunday brunch.  Very disappointing as their competition offers it always and generously.

You must have missed the Sunday brunch is only on the big ships only on sea days and does not akwats. Never in navigator 

28 minutes ago, rallydave said:

You must have missed the Sunday brunch is only on the big ships only on sea days and does not akwats. Never in navigator 

It was on Navigator, we just missed it according to our butler.

I like Regent but my 2 issues are : the company should serve a better Champagne and they are rather avaricious with caviar despite I am not such a caviar "eater" a small taste is enough.