Luggage Valet?

basenji56

Luggage Valet takes your luggage the night before and you don’t see it until you arrive at your home airport.   Your flight must leave after a certain time, I think it was 11:30 or noon.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, marieps said:

For those in the know on this, can you use LV if you choose an early  walk off departure? 

You could as long as your flight is late enough and your airline participates.  With LV your luggage is taken to the airport and you walk off when you are ready.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

You could as long as your flight is late enough and your airline participates.  With LV your luggage is taken to the airport and you walk off when you are ready.

Thanks Mary Lou.  It's Delta domestic so that's a given.  Flt at 11:05 from FLL after Silhouette TA.  Think that's okay?  Sillie docks at 6:00 am.

Its been so long I can't remember but I think the earliest time was 11:30.

I just found the PDF from our 2018 cruise.  If your flight leaves from FLL the earliest time is 11:30 and they were very strict about the times.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, marieps said:

Thanks Mary Lou.  It's Delta domestic so that's a given.  Flt at 11:05 from FLL after Silhouette TA.  Think that's okay?  Sillie docks at 6:00 am.

I am fairly certain that an 11:05 AM flight is too early.  I just do not recall with 100% confidence.

You can certainly find out when you get on board.

I do know that if you chose LV, you cannot depart the  ship until they clear the people using LV.  I believe they are making sure the luggage clears customs.  (So walking off will only work if it is past that time)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I do know that if you chose LV, you cannot depart the  ship until they clear the people using LV.  I believe they are making sure the luggage clears customs.  (So walking off will only work if it is past that time)

I had forgotten that part.

Since the Edge just starting sailing from Ft. Lauderdale this past Saturday, I would think it will take a few weeks to get Luggage Valet up and running (if they are indeed going to be offering that service again).