Countdown......Fly Me to the Moon...........

Lois R

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi😀no reservations for SALT

It is Open seating and so is Atlantide. Just go when you are ready to eat and enjoy😀

We are in Mykonos today. Getting ready to go into town and stroll around😀

If you see this in time, check out the Rhapsody bar. It has a little nook overlooking the water facing the windmills. Absolutely sublime at sunset!

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

We are in Mykonos today. Getting ready to go into town and stroll around😀

Look forward to hearing more about Mykonos.  In 2006, we found that island very charming and interesting.  Hopefully this port is not too crowded with large cruise ships.  Keep up the great sharing.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Hi friends😀well, the day is winding down and it has been a very different  but definitely a welcome cruise. A few glitches here and there but overall I am VERY happy I decided to book it😁. The staff has been truly awesome.

As for today in Mykonos I did not see 3 ships. Just us and the local ferry and of course some rich people's yachts lol.

Not sure what I am doing for my last dinner. I may go back to SALT for the 4th time...

I have eaten quite a few meals with different staff members who have all been very engaging but tonight it looks like it is just me.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. From what I have heard this afternoon Greece's cases have spiked heavily recently. Had my recent Covid test this morning and results came back negative😀

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends😀well, the day is winding down and it has been a very different  but definitely a welcome cruise. A few glitches here and there but overall I am VERY happy I decided to book it😁. The staff has been truly awesome.

As for today in Mykonos I did not see 3 ships. Just us and the local ferry and of course some rich people's yachts lol.

Not sure what I am doing for my last dinner. I may go back to SALT for the 4th time...

I have eaten quite a few meals with different staff members who have all been very engaging but tonight it looks like it is just me.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. From what I have heard this afternoon Greece's cases have spiked heavily recently. Had my recent Covid test this morning and results came back negative😀

Safe travels home Lois.

Florida is still here!!!

• Like 1

Lois..I am concerned about how many tests SS is doing? In 1 week how many were done?Also for people doing BtB did they have to vacate their suite at 8am?Last what was the test like? Some can be a simple swab but other can be quite uncomfortable.Silly questions for some but important to us. Thank you in advance

44 minutes ago, Lois R said:

A few glitches here and there but overall I am VERY happy I decided to book it😁. The staff has been truly awesome.

Greece's cases have spiked heavily recently. Had my recent Covid test this morning and results came back negative😀

Great update and added details from Lois.  Wonderful reporting and enjoyable to be able to travel along with you.  

Sorry to hear that Greece's case are spiking up.  Lots of troubling reports from around the world on cases, the variants, etc.  Saw today that things in Sydney are seriously being shut down.  

Excellent that Mykonos was not too over-run with big cruise ships.  Keep up the nice sharing.  Agree with Capri73 that the number of different testings can be a challenge and a "pain".  

What future cruises, Lois, have you book?  When, where and why? 

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 253,624 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks for all your commentary. It was very helpful. Glad you had a great time. Safe travels home! 

2 hours ago, Capri73 said:

Lois..I am concerned about how many tests SS is doing? In 1 week how many were done?Also for people doing BtB did they have to vacate their suite at 8am?Last what was the test like? Some can be a simple swab but other can be quite uncomfortable.Silly questions for some but important to us. Thank you in advance

@Capri73 From the reports of passengers on the first cruise: (1) There is only one Covid test, near the end of the week, which most people will need for their travels after leaving the ship; it is the fast nasal swab, not the more intrusive one all the way up your nose. (2) For B2B passengers, you have to leave your suite by 8 am, can linger awhile over breakfast, and can then spend time in Panorama lounge; sometime around or shortly after noon, you will have to leave the ship and go through the boarding process again. One passenger's report described it as a wasted day and annoying, while another described it as relaxing and not a major annoyance. 

3 hours ago, Capri73 said:

I am concerned about how many tests SS is doing? In 1 week how many were done?

40 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

@Capri73 From the reports of passengers on the first cruise: (1) There is only one Covid test, near the end of the week, which most people will need for their travels after leaving the ship

I was wondering about this as well.  I thought I read (in this or another thread) that, aside from the test right before embarkation, there was a mid-cruise test and/or a test prior to debarkation for your flight home.  Is there no mid-cruise test after all?  And does that depend on the local regulation and/or cruise duration?

Edited by sfvoyage

2 tests in this 10 day sailing and it was quick and easy and not too uncomfortable either. It was no big thing in my opinion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

2 tests in this 10 day sailing and it was quick and easy and not too uncomfortable either. It was no big thing in my opinion.

Thanks for that Lois. Personally I don't think that's enough, particularly as you are allowed to leave the ship bubble to explore on your own. I suspect this is part of the reason here in the UK we are currently not allowed to do cruises sailing in International waters. Viking do PCR tests daily (using the very unobtrusive spit method), along with temperature checks throughout the ship via face recognition cameras that work even wearing masks. Most impressive IMHO. Hope SS adopt this.

Last week Viking suffered its first case of covid onboard in Iceland, but was dealt with efficiently without fuss. Areas of the ship were quarantined and life contained mostly unaffected, though tours were all cancelled going forward.  Silversea can't afford to be lapse, especially as you say, with spikes seemingly world wide as we try to get back to normal.The spike in the UK is nearing peak figures once again but thankfully without the similar rise with hospitalisations and deaths 

That aside, it sounds like the Moon is as expected, a great choice to cruise on. Glad it's been enjoyable. Sad my 2 planned trips on her were cancelled.

SALT bar sounds like fun. Is it just for SALT restaurant users, or is it large enough other guests can use?

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 12:50 AM, sfvoyage said:

Does your count of 2 tests include the pre-embarkation test at the pier?

Hi I am sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting for my flight home.

You are right. Total 3 tests which includes the one before you board the ship. Sorry I made that error.

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

You are right. Total 3 tests which includes the one before you board the ship. Sorry I made that error.

Thanks for the clarification, and have a smooth & safe journey home!

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Glad you are almost home.  Safely and in a mostly sane manner??  After a few days rest & recovery, give us more "PERSPECTIVE" about the trip, crew, ship, food, sights, etc.  Also, given all of the testing and other requirements/limits, was it "ALL" worth it and easy to manage?  Or, not?

Lois R.....like TLCOHIO we await your more detailed review as it will assist our current thought process re future SS cruising which can be described as reluctant at the moment.Hope your ever reliable views help us to get going again with SS after missing our first year since 1997 sailing with them.

Hi folks, I am in the middle of doing laundry........got home last night around 11pm. I liked the bed on the ship better than the one I have........and I am getting a new bed delivered this afternoon actually.

Will see how it goes but that mattress on the ship is FANTASTIC👍

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks, I am in the middle of doing laundry........got home last night around 11pm. I liked the bed on the ship better than the one I have........and I am getting a new bed delivered this afternoon actually.

Will see how it goes but that mattress on the ship is FANTASTIC👍

Sounds like you could have spent another few weeks enjoying the Moon.

I will add my thanks to all the other Moon followers

for keeping us informed.

Seems things are getting worse right now globally.  Sure hope we don't get cancelled. So many arrangements to make when taking a long cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boccenana said:

Sounds like you could have spent another few weeks enjoying the Moon.

I will add my thanks to all the other Moon followers

for keeping us informed.

Seems things are getting worse right now globally.  Sure hope we don't get cancelled. So many arrangements to make when taking a long cruise.

I could have stayed for another cruise that is for sure.......I actually gave it some thought but I have meds I need to take and didn't bring enough for an additional 10 nights😲......otherwise I would have given it much more serious thought.

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I could have stayed for another cruise that is for sure.......I actually gave it some thought but I have meds I need to take and didn't bring enough for an additional 10 nights😲......otherwise I would have given it much more serious thought.

Ahh- the advantages of being retired. Sadly, we could, for now, never extend on a last minutes notice extend a cruise. Darn.