The Daily for Thursday Jul 01, 2021

richwmn

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Very pretty peonies.

Chilies are struggling or just slow? I find the first couple of weeks nothing seems to happen and then they take off. Or are you talking about sweet peppers.  

If you are talking about your chilies - I left mine in the little peat pot things (took them out of the other peat containers) and they seem to be doing ok except for some I planted behind the cosmos like an idiot.  

I’ll post a pic tomorrow so you can compare.  Mine aren’t really tall yet but they are definitely progressing.

Thank you!  The black pearls are not struggling but not doing much either.  At this rate it will be Christmas before we have any! 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. Happy Canada day. Sorry, I just don’t have time to read everything today. The rehab place is making us jump through hoops while we try to find a sub acute facility that has beds available. Yesterday, they intimidated my daughter Lori and me and lied to both of us about Medicare and it’s determination that he has to leave tomorrow and if no beds available they will just send him home. Thankfully, my son knows all the ropes and my daughter is a low key attorney. We are trying to appeal their decision to throw him out tomorrow. Our first choice facility has no beds available and this has been a nightmare.

Carol

Oh my heavens, Carol.  That is a nightmare 😱 

So glad you have your son and daughter to help.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

Thank you!  The black pearls are not struggling but not doing much either.  At this rate it will be Christmas before we have any! 

LOL - no it won’t.  Mine are getting more leaves but haven’t grown very tall.

I bet you will be shocked by August.  They like the heat and we both have that right now so it will help a lot. 

I find the growth is in July.  We’ll see.  I will NOT be a happy camper if I get nothing from all of these chili plants.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Not HAL but I read John Heald from Carnival could not fly into the us from UK. Whole plane full was not permitted to enter. 

Yikes 😱 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. Happy Canada day. Sorry, I just don’t have time to read everything today. The rehab place is making us jump through hoops while we try to find a sub acute facility that has beds available. Yesterday, they intimidated my daughter Lori and me and lied to both of us about Medicare and it’s determination that he has to leave tomorrow and if no beds available they will just send him home. Thankfully, my son knows all the ropes and my daughter is a low key attorney. We are trying to appeal their decision to throw him out tomorrow. Our first choice facility has no beds available and this has been a nightmare.

Carol

Carol, on top of everything you and your family has been through, this is just unreal.  Hope you can get it straighten out and that Sam can continue to get the care and rehab he needs.  It's good your DS knows the ropes, and your DD is an attorney.  Hopefully, they can intimidate the people who lied to yesterday.

And be sure to take care of yourself, too.

Lenda

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol

What a nightmare!    And this is supposed to be one of the premier rehab facilities?  Between this and the fall that's very hard to believe.

Roy

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  Happy Canada Day.  One year we were in Charlottetown for the holiday.  We got little flags as we disembarked.  It was a wonderful sunny day.  We wound up getting a new microwave.  Ordered it yesterday morning and the installer just left.  It looks nice and is also a convection oven so that will require detailed reading of the manual.  Bags are packed and we will head to PA for the holiday weekend.

Safe travels , weather for weekend is showers tomorrow and Saturday, better on Sunday 

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, highscar said:

Marmot at sea:  you made my day. Loved it. Wish I knew how to forward to to my family. I’ve played it three times. And will again. 

If you go into YouTube there are various sharing methods.  If these don't work, default to right, click on the address and then paste it in the document you are trying to send.  I hope this helps.

Val

P.S.  I think it is called the "address".  Someone please correct me if I have used the wrong term.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, highscar said:

Marmot at sea:  you made my day. Loved it. Wish I knew how to forward to to my family. I’ve played it three times. And will again. 

Here you go:  https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwio2uWa08LxAhX0RDABHUAgAhoQyCkwAHoECAIQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D37nGeXn2K9c&usg=AOvVaw0mOjJEGc488tr7FjHwX95E

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, kazu said:

Saw this sad news.  I couldn’t like your post.  It’s all so horrific 😢 

It is.  I think I have heard 90 percent of the village is gone.  I hope I am wrong.

Just watching Premier Horgan speak on this subject.

Val

• Like 7

Happy Canada Day!

We have had Belem on two BHBs itineraries.  The first was on Prinsendam in January, 2011.  We took a HAL tour of the Giant market and away from the city, a tour of the Zoobotanical Park.  Belem is a 30 minute bus ride from the port.

We returned on Maasdam in February, 2015.  This time we took a 5 hour HAL Amazon River System Adventure by Riverboat tour including a 45 minute walk through the Jungle, so we didn’t get into Belem this time.

• Like 12

Happy Canada Day, although it is a subdued day here due to the terrible findings of so many graves at the Residential Schools.

@richwmnThanks for the nice Canada Day banner.

@mamaofamiI am so sorry you are having more problems with the hospital.  Hoping your children can get it sorted out quickly.

We have a young friend who has started a business making unique ice cream flavours.  Moon Mist, Maple Cookie, Saffron, as well as gluten free, keto and dairy free ice creams.  

My son is a biker, cycling every year from Welland to Ottawa in the police Ride to Remember for fallen officers, arriving in Ottawa to participate in the annual Memorial Service.  On a 60k  ride one day, he couldn't figure out why he was having trouble keeping up with the others. The brakes were on for the entire ride!

We are going to Belem on our next cruise. Thanks to all who posted pictures.

Prayers for the people of Lytton.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you!  One of the nice things about changing to this sailing is that there were Aft Vistas available so I grabbed that right away. We are on deck 7.  This is our first time on a Pinnacle Class also.  Closer to the cruise we will have to set a time to say hi. 

Yes indeed!  😊

• Like 6

@kazuand @bennybear,  my peppers just turned into tomatoes!  🤣 😂

My brother collects seeds and he sent me some from his favorite peppers.  Those things germinated like crazy and are healthy as oxen...but the shape and color kept seeming really weird to me.  Well, they're round and red now.  And plenty sweet!  🤷‍♀️

Gardening is not for the faint of heart.

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

Happy Canada Day to all the wonderful people who add so much to the Daily!  I am so sorry for all the sad news that is coming from our Northern friends!

I am not adventuresome when it comes to ice cream--give me vanilla or mint chocolate chip!  Always have one or both flavors in my freezer.  We used to be in the chicken wing business (as investors in a son's wild idea), but that is money down the drain.

@mamaofami, sending you some extra hugs to endure this nightmare with the care facility.  Some of those type places try to get away with some of the craziest schemes.  Glad your family has your back in this!

Going to try again tonight for our local concert in the park.  Last week we got soaked (brief shower), so hoping this week will be better.  This is the annual "patriotic" concert so should be fun.

Gradually we are getting some rain, but still not enough to be drought ending.  We will take whatever we get.  Rain is slowing the wildfires for the time being, but we have been told that both we are watching will be long duration events.  Most evacuations are lifted currently.  The B. C. fire sounds very similar to the Camp Fire in CA, a couple of years ago.  Prayers for all.

Have a great evening, everyone!

• Like 12

A number of years ago we stopped at a little gelato place on Granville Island in Vancouver where they had 99 flavours, including some strange ones.  DH decided I should step out of my comfort zone and try durian, so I figured, why not?  I had one bite (and a rather large one, at that!) and DH asked me what it was like.  I told him I had to finish dragging my tongue across the establishment's floor to get the taste out of my mouth, before I could tell him.  He tried it and said it was like a combination of rotten strawberries and a full baby diaper left out in the sun.  I'm not sure how he came about that last one, but he was pretty accurate.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

A number of years ago we stopped at a little gelato place on Granville Island in Vancouver where they had 99 flavours, including some strange ones.  DH decided I should step out of my comfort zone and try durian, so I figured, why not?  I had one bite (and a rather large one, at that!) and DH asked me what it was like.  I told him I had to finish dragging my tongue across the establishment's floor to get the taste out of my mouth, before I could tell him.  He tried it and said it was like a combination of rotten strawberries and a full baby diaper left out in the sun.  I'm not sure how he came about that last one, but he was pretty accurate.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

The Gilroy Garlic Festival ( unfortunately, 2 summers ago we had a shooting and last year's was cancelled due to the pandemic) has the garlic ice-cream that's horrible. At first, it tastes fine and then it hits you!😜 A 'modified' festival is planned towards the end of July.

Katie

• Like 10