Our Adventure on the Adventure - Live from Adventure of the Seas, July 3, 2021

Cool Art, Hot Ice was a great show. High energy and its amazing what they can do on such a small rink. 

Exciting Change to the show seating!!! You no longer have to sit in groups of 2. Every other row remains blocked off but you can sit with your entire party and they just leave 2 seats empty between groups. 

D222916E-3044-4444-8DAA-4BFABD231C11.jpeg

9FA7508B-3FFD-4F12-A101-BBBF6A270DB4.jpeg

EA38340A-8E6E-42E9-A298-CF1E030F0FC7.jpeg

• Like 12

Is great news that you can sit together with your entire group. We will have 4 of us in August but one typically does not go to all the shows so it will be nice that the other 3 of us can sit together and 1 person does not have to sit alone

Lazy sea day so not a whole lot to report. We had breakfast in the windjammer, went to morning trivia and “before they were famous” trivia. Didn’t do too bad at morning trivia but bombed the famous people trivia 🤣. I went looking to see if one of the ship posters @viewsandqueues hid was still hidden but no luck, I will be ordering one when we get home. We hung out and lazed around with the boys on the balcony talking about where we would like to go next, had lunch at the promenade cafe and then went on a bar crawl with a group from Facebook. Played, and tied for 1st in Myths and Legends trivia. We would have won had my oldest been with us, he loves mythology but they were in the room working in their summer reading assignments. 

This evening was our second formal night, so for this cruise it was night 3 & 5 that were formal night. 

After dinner the boys went to Adventure Ocean and hubby and I went to see Billy Prudhome, who we think we saw on a  carnival sailing (maybe in 2018?). Still a hub show. After comedy juggling we went to Friendly Feud. I think if you host the game you should have at least watched the game show. It started off very rough but got better as the night went on, sort of. They kept telling the teams they need to be more specific, I’m not sure how you get more specific than potato chips when talking about foods you eat with a burger. The answer they were looking for was Tater tots 🤦‍♀️

Tonight the boat is rocking. We all took an extra dose of sea sickness meds. 

AA04C585-18B6-4E06-B4E5-EA3AFA1C64FF.jpeg

• Like 5

I forgot to add our major event for the day was the going home antigen test. They told us to expect results in about 24 hours because it would take a while to process all 1200 of them. 3.5 hours after we tested we got results emailed to us. We are all negative and haven’t heard of anyone testing positive. 

• Like 15

Good Morning from Cozumel, Mexico! I enjoyed a little breakfast on the balcony while we pulled into port and it looks like a beautiful start to another great day. 

we are not getting off the ship today. We had originally only planned to get off the ship long enough to do a little shopping in port and pick up some vanilla. Unfortunately we can’t do that since we have the boys with us and none of the excursions were anything we wanted to do for the cost. 

Cozumel is an hour behind ship time, how many pier runners will there be today?

FF3FF545-6C61-4EB1-95BE-78F6803264F3.jpeg

78791F60-A60A-4251-9001-DEC6FFE592A4.jpeg

55437B98-BDF9-4367-B888-95CF4198669B.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Good Morning from Cozumel, Mexico! I enjoyed a little breakfast on the balcony while we pulled into port and it looks like a beautiful start to another great day. 

we are not getting off the ship today. We had originally only planned to get off the ship long enough to do a little shopping in port and pick up some vanilla. Unfortunately we can’t do that since we have the boys with us and none of the excursions were anything we wanted to do for the cost. 

Cozumel is an hour behind ship time, how many pier runners will there be today?

FF3FF545-6C61-4EB1-95BE-78F6803264F3.jpeg

78791F60-A60A-4251-9001-DEC6FFE592A4.jpeg

55437B98-BDF9-4367-B888-95CF4198669B.jpeg

I was just wondering this. So Royal doesn't let you do excursions on your own on the Adventure if you're traveling with unvaxed kids? I'll be at the Adventure, and I feel that offered excursions are mweh. I was hoping to wander around, but I guess that's a no-no with kids?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Are you required to book through Royal at every port?  We will have our kids with us in December and I was hoping that some ports may allow us to book our own excursions, outside of Royal.  I know things can change between now and then, but I'd rather book now if we have to use ship excursions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KimA75 said:

Are you required to book through Royal at every port?  We will have our kids with us in December and I was hoping that some ports may allow us to book our own excursions, outside of Royal.  I know things can change between now and then, but I'd rather book now if we have to use ship excursions.

You could always book now and then cancel if the rules change in your advantage....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KimA75 said:

Yes. It’s on a cruise by cruise basis. We were told the Thursday before we boarded that we would have to book through Royal for any shore excursions other than getting off at Coco Cay. 

8 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

Yes. It’s on a cruise by cruise basis. We were told the Thursday before we boarded that we would have to book through Royal for any shore excursions other than getting off at Coco Cay. 

Thanks. And if that's the case, why do they have such a limited (crappy) selection? Ugh!

1 hour ago, exm said:

I was just wondering this. So Royal doesn't let you do excursions on your own on the Adventure if you're traveling with unvaxed kids? I'll be at the Adventure, and I feel that offered excursions are mweh. I was hoping to wander around, but I guess that's a no-no with kids?

Correct. Even if my husband or I were to stay on the ship with the kids the other adult would not be allowed to get off the ship. I really wanted to go get some vanilla but I guess I will have to fly down to Mexico to get some (perk of working for an airline). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Lazy sea day so not a whole lot to report. We had breakfast in the windjammer, went to morning trivia and “before they were famous” trivia. Didn’t do too bad at morning trivia but bombed the famous people trivia 🤣. I went looking to see if one of the ship posters @viewsandqueues hid was still hidden but no luck, I will be ordering one when we get home. We hung out and lazed around with the boys on the balcony talking about where we would like to go next, had lunch at the promenade cafe and then went on a bar crawl with a group from Facebook. Played, and tied for 1st in Myths and Legends trivia. We would have won had my oldest been with us, he loves mythology but they were in the room working in their summer reading assignments. 

Hello VexNerd,

Really enjoy reading your posts. I would like to ask you if you have a chance to visit some of the lounges on the ship. I am most interested in the Imperial Lounge, The Bolero Lounge and The Blue Moon Lounge. We like the opportunity to do some dancing whenever we are on a cruise. I just wonder with the social distancing rule, is there still some venues for dancing offered on the ship? I have seen some pictures of these lounges, with spot lights on the floor as designated "dance bubbles" for people who would like to dance and still maintain social distancing. Can you share your experience if you have seen some of the live bands or DJ on the ship. Are there still some venues open for dancing? Thank you.

On 7/7/2021 at 4:00 AM, sgmn said:

My husband favorite starter, on one cruise our waiter brought it every day even when he didn't order it. I love bread dipped in the garlicky butter but not so keen on the snails 

My favorite starter also.  I order it every evening.  Yummy!!😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gam888 said:

Hello VexNerd,

Really enjoy reading your posts. I would like to ask you if you have a chance to visit some of the lounges on the ship. I am most interested in the Imperial Lounge, The Bolero Lounge and The Blue Moon Lounge. We like the opportunity to do some dancing whenever we are on a cruise. I just wonder with the social distancing rule, is there still some venues for dancing offered on the ship? I have seen some pictures of these lounges, with spot lights on the floor as designated "dance bubbles" for people who would like to dance and still maintain social distancing. Can you share your experience if you have seen some of the live bands or DJ on the ship. Are there still some venues open for dancing? Thank you.

Can I come with you???  I used to love to dance. Sadly my husband of 40 years never did.  I think I may have forgotten how ☹️☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gam888 said:

Hello VexNerd,

I did see people dancing at Boleros on 2 different occasions. I haven’t seen dancing anywhere else but that is not usually an activity we go looking for. If I happen to find out anything else, I will share. 

On 7/6/2021 at 5:07 PM, BecciBoo said:

Same here, definitely not like the old and wonderful Portofino's which we used to love.

Portofino's was way better than both Jamie's and Giovannis. I think Jamie's disappointed me more than Giovanni's though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

I did see people dancing at Boleros on 2 different occasions. I haven’t seen dancing anywhere else but that is not usually an activity we go looking for. If I happen to find out anything else, I will share. 

Thanks WxNerd,

Will be keeping my eye on your post. 

5 hours ago, gam888 said:

Hello VexNerd,

Can you share your experience if you have seen some of the live bands or DJ on the ship. 

Vex, great thread you have going, thanks for your sharing.

A couple of February’s ago DW and I were on an 11 night cruise with the live band you have on board, called....Switched On Band.....

They were a tremendous hit on that trip, LOTS of dancing every session, and the passion in the singers voice was chilling.  Now the ship also had at least double the people you presently have on board.  Are they having the same impact with the smaller crowd of your cruise?  I imagine it is much more difficult with a more scarce crowd.  

Eddie

6 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Correct. Even if my husband or I were to stay on the ship with the kids the other adult would not be allowed to get off the ship. I really wanted to go get some vanilla but I guess I will have to fly down to Mexico to get some (perk of working for an airline). 

Join the vanilla bean co-op facebook group and make your own vanilla. Cheaper and much better quality.