Our Adventure on the Adventure - Live from Adventure of the Seas, July 3, 2021

8 hours ago, KimA75 said:

Are you required to book through Royal at every port?  We will have our kids with us in December and I was hoping that some ports may allow us to book our own excursions, outside of Royal.  I know things can change between now and then, but I'd rather book now if we have to use ship excursions.

Book now and cancel if you need to. You can also look for price drops.

7 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Correct. Even if my husband or I were to stay on the ship with the kids the other adult would not be allowed to get off the ship. I really wanted to go get some vanilla but I guess I will have to fly down to Mexico to get some (perk of working for an airline). 

If you're ever on some of the South American routes you can get some good wine also. Hubby occasionally brings some back for gifts since we aren't big wine drinkers.

13 hours ago, WxNerd said:

I did see people dancing at Boleros on 2 different occasions. I haven’t seen dancing anywhere else but that is not usually an activity we go looking for. If I happen to find out anything else, I will share. 

I think Dazzles is a dance venue, right?  On Voyager class it was the Crown Lounge.

17 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Correct. Even if my husband or I were to stay on the ship with the kids the other adult would not be allowed to get off the ship. I really wanted to go get some vanilla but I guess I will have to fly down to Mexico to get some (perk of working for an airline). 

oh, that sucks. I was hoping that my DH and parents could get a taxi and meet us at the X location, and I would only have to pay for the excursion to the same location for me and DS... because a taxi is only $10 and you can stay all day at the beach, while the excursion is $55 pp and it's only 3 hours.

I hope that changes by November.... 

12 hours ago, perfect match said:

Love the sharks 🦈 on on your door! Where did you get them? 

Nancy, who is currently watching Shark Fest, looking forward to Shark Week! 😀

I got them at Hobby Lobby 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday was our port day in Cozumel. We stayed in the ship and had a relaxing day. I enjoyed my coffee and a book on the balcony why the boys slept in a bit. 
E65060B5-CB4E-4DCA-BC33-05742DFD10B4.thumb.jpeg.f9eac833d1014ca6cdd07003087d2f93.jpeg
A2938B90-F58E-45DD-9E7E-9026164EA3FE.thumb.jpeg.fb3adb5e87955e90f9762536af622cdb.jpeg

After a light breakfast I enjoyed a bamboo massage in spa. The massage itself was perfect. I could have done without the $400 product sales pitch at the end. The best part was I asked my husband which hand he thought was softer and smoother and he said the one without all the products on it. 
96AC991B-377C-4984-B8DC-1B6D5AE60C29.thumb.jpeg.6598087c2af4a17c69d85d10449951bf.jpeg

After my spa treatment we relaxed by the pool while the boys watched Sponge Bob on the big screen. 
D4DFFAF0-1570-4510-BA34-2DDD5355DFEC.thumb.jpeg.cb7c7b7a3bfb81328ab055fa28f48050.jpeg

and then we grabbed a snack to hold us over to dinner. 

DE9856B3-1E47-4844-AF01-5774BAE4839C.thumb.jpeg.8ec54db42809f45f2bd70e289ccc8225.jpegE0DC980B-037F-46F4-9918-2A3A16DF703B.thumb.jpeg.ef4fada6d5c68af075bb29f0ba633387.jpeg

After dinner we watched Impact. The boys really enjoyed it even though they were disgruntled about not going to Adventure Ocean. I procrastinated in making a reservation so there wasn’t space. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

. I could have done without the $400 product sales pitch at the end.

I hate that part too but someone on this board suggested in the future when you fill out the questionnaire to put in big bold caps "NO SALES PITCHES." Hope this helps.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

And I feel super proud of myself, I figured out how to put the pictures in the post and not just at the end. 

Hi WxNerd,

Would you be able to post some more of the Cruise Compass in the last few days showing the evening entertainments, especially showing what live music  and DJ is playing in what venues. Thanks again!

Our last day on the ship was a fun sea day filled with all the activities we wanted to do again, and some new activities. 

The little guy and I played another (very comical) round of miniature golf. The wind was blowing so hard that our balls wouldn’t stop moving. 

DD5DAE71-E344-474E-A604-2B1EF5201790.thumb.jpeg.5b3bbad7edab925df6dc834d6a9410ce.jpeg

During our round of mini golf hubby and our older son played some ping-pong. 4408B2FE-CCD5-46F5-9CFA-959E55BC6071.thumb.jpeg.03aa5c67f699afe713084d0e9a95327b.jpeg

We played several rounds of Trivia in the Schooner Bar. We were horrible at Country Music Trivia, but came close to winning Marvel Super Hero’s Trivia. We missed lunch in the MDR because of Trivia ☹️ so the boys and I headed to the Windjammer while hubby played Game of Thrones Trivia. After lunch we went back to the Schooner Bar for a scavenger hunt, that we won 🙂 only because the boys had been to Adventure Ocean so when one of the questions wanted to know the name of 3 people who worked in there we knew 2 of 3. Adventure Ocean was also closed funding the hunt but I remembered seeing their names and pictures on one of the walls when we checked them in so a quick peek in the window and we got our 3rd name. 6A96FBCC-E8F7-44A4-98CB-F31766A6EF17.thumb.jpeg.f6f134d5a132d61f1a20ea9d97c38306.jpeg

After that we headed back to the room for a short rest then all my guys headed back to the sports deck for some rock climbing while I started packing. 

C15FA6F1-2787-4AE2-94D0-93C0BA198132.thumb.jpeg.05b3ae8070452d45f05a02d3c369d517.jpeg

That evening we all went to dinner in the MDR and had one of my all time favorite desserts for dinner.. Pavlova. 
FF24935A-75FC-449F-BC4A-B86817C048DE.thumb.jpeg.566d4053db0e9c4285e5b4de3f977868.jpeg

After dinner the boys went back to Adventure Ocean, we spent some time in Boleros and the Champagne Bar, picked out which pictures we were going to buy, visited the Next Cruise desk but since there was some confusion on combining discounts and promotions we decided not to even put down a deposit. Lastly, we finished packing up and got our bags in the hall by 9:30pm (10 is the deadline), picked up the boys a little early from Adventure Ocean and treated them to a shake at Johnny Rockets. 9C340F64-451D-4711-9685-1F50FC5A9B0A.thumb.jpeg.75b05f85dc6a753910bd45c6185ea732.jpeg

saddest picture ever 👆🏻
75EBE1EA-F33C-4D8D-8EDE-F6D1C7A1B2CA.thumb.jpeg.fb1c36249484e2d45dc51704431704f6.jpeg

One huge disappointment from the boys was that Johnny Rockets was not open for lunch. 

• Like 2

Saturday was a sad day indeed. We were all a little bummed but excited to come home and see our pets. 

Debarkation went smoothly. Since we were suite guests and hadn’t taken advantage of the perk, we had breakfast at Giovanni’s. Just the MDR menu in a different setting and they were still a hot mess. Then we went back to our room to pack up the very last of our stuff and wait for our number to be called. Because our flight wasn’t until 6pm we requested at latest time and we were called down at 10:20am. Loaded up in the same little mini busses that we took from the hotel to the port and had a tour on the way to the airport. Collecting our bags at the airport was easy as well. Hubby and had the bags rounded up before everyone was off the bus. 

Checking in at the airport..

image.gif.34211be4b1b4b7f1817137159c943e4e.gif

The lines to check in were insane. Once we figured out which line was which, we got in the insanely long priority line while thinking we were lucky we didn’t have to stand in the general check-in line that zigzags across the room. Joke was on us. An hour later we were half way through our line and people that were on our bus were all checked in and headed to security. About this same time (an hour in) we realized there was also a line for VeriFly, which we had done the day before. We loved over to that line and were at the counter a few minutes later. 

My takeaways from NAS check-in: 

- While the Priority lane might be shorter, the regular line moves faster. 

-Complete VeriFly on the ship if you can and then find that line in the sea of crazy. 
-Listen to the customer service people helping in line. They don’t want you to miss your flight any more than you do. For those on flights about to leave they would pull them to the side and get them checked in. 

Next we had to go to one end of the terminal to drop our checked bags then treck back to the opposite end for security. This was where so many people were VERY  confused. Yes your ticket may say TSA PreCheck on If but you are NOT in the USA. There is no TSA and you don’t get to be in a special line. But don’t worry, the line moved fast, we were through security in less than 10 minutes. 

After security you head into the US Customs hall (hallelujah for pre-clearance when your flight gets in at 8pm have to work at 5am the next morning). We do not have Global Entry and we spent less than 15 minutes in that line. They review your passport, take your picture and have you verify the photos of the baggage the airline assigned to you when you checked them in, actually belong to you. 

After customs you head to the terminal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 2:53 PM, gam888 said:

Hi WxNerd,

Would you be able to post some more of the Cruise Compass in the last few days showing the evening entertainments, especially showing what live music  and DJ is playing in what venues. Thanks again!

I will scan all of them here in a little while.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:21 AM, perfect match said:

Thanks! We have one nearby, so I think I see a Hobby Lobby trip in my near future! 🦈😎

I used magnetic tape to put them on the door. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

The dreaded "Last Day", a real let down and bummer.  Sounds like you made the most of it!

Always make the most of the blessings in life! This cruise was a blessing in so many ways.

I work for an airline and was furloughed for a few months so we were unsure if taking a trip would be possible this year. 

We are now looking Forward to planning a cruise for next year and praying we get to take my parents who are both currently battling different forms of cancer. 

• Like 5

@WxNerd I am curious, were you flying on AA.  When we left on week 2, and Jet Blue lines in the terminal were insane. WE got off the ship the same time as you, since we had a late flight. WE were flying Bahamas Air to FLL, there was no line for us.

Edited by mo&fran