Live Edge Review - July 3-10, 2021

elf426

32 minutes ago, George C said:

Everyone dressed very casual It was looking like a rccl cruise, shorts and T-shirt, I had a sports jacket first formal ( celebrity doesn’t call them formal anymore) , skipped it for second. 

Do you recall if X was letting folks for dinner in shorts or tshirts?

1 hour ago, elf426 said:

Truthfully I have no idea. While I didn’t notice them (and they could have been there) I thought the projected lights/flowers in the sink were pretty. Also, if I’m the only one that noticed them, I do NOT have any drugs to recommend hahahaha. My husband says he doesn’t remember any sink-light-flowers in the men’s rooms. So I might be hallucinating. Yay!

Oh my yes!  I forgot all about those projected flowers in the sinks.  So no, you were not hallucinating lol.

Thank you for a fabulous review.....you have a great writing style!

Edited by Reel Love

3 hours ago, TheTruth79 said:

4. If I have a 3pm arrival time to embark but get there early, is that ok?

3 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

4.  It is reported by passengers on Celebrity cruises thus far, that with the exception of suite passengers, check-in times are being followed.  Suite passengers have a dedicated check-in line.

I've been following resumed Edge sailings pretty closely, I haven't seen a single first-hand report where someone says they were denied to board early; not saying they don't exist just I haven't seen any.  On the first resumed sailing, a vlogger said he spoke to several pax who were able to board early.  There's now a thread about just this, already reports of folks boarding early.  Yet perhaps a better strategy would be to call X and ask for the earliest embarkment window available and if you show up late, it isn't like they won't let you board.

image.thumb.png.47502cce3d01be9abf1c6ff62095b684.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

20 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do you recall if X was letting folks for dinner in shorts or tshirts?

I was either eating in Luminae or specialty restaurants, did see people in shorts in specialty and T-shirt and baseball caps. Did see baseball caps in Luminae although did not see any baseballs or bats.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

4.  It is reported by passengers on Celebrity cruises thus far, that with the exception of suite passengers, check-in times are being followed.  Suite passengers have a dedicated check-in line.

So does this mean that if our check-in time is 12:30 and we get there at 12, we will be allowed to board a little early?   We are in a suite.   

1 hour ago, George C said:

I was either eating in Luminae or specialty restaurants, did see people in shorts in specialty and T-shirt and baseball caps. Did see baseball caps in Luminae although did not see any baseballs or bats.

On embarkation day, the foursome in front of us checking in at the MDR asked the hostess if what they were wearing was ok. One guy was in shorts, T-shirt and hat. She said that yes, for today it’s ok but afterward not. He asked if he needed to take his hat off. She kind of non-verbally signaled that he should take it off but it seemed like she didn’t want to expressly say yes or no. So he takes it off…then puts it back on when he go to their table. Go figure. 

On the flip side, do iPads belong at dinner? Personally, unless someone is loud or especially smelly (good or bad) how they look doesn’t change my meal. I’d rather the iPad than a screaming kid like we also had on night one. Made me forget the guys outfit in a flash.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

So does this mean that if our check-in time is 12:30 and we get there at 12, we will be allowed to board a little early?   We are in a suite.   

Suites can always board early.

I've heard both reports for non-suite guests--some say they got in a bit early others said no.

I don't think I will show up at my usual 930AM time...but maybe 1130. Doors open noonish & my checkin time is 1230. I just wouldn't want to be stuck in the hot FL sun for several hours cuz I REALLY THOUGHT I'd get in early...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

We had a 2pm checkin, I had asked celebrity rep does that apply to us since we are in suite, they said yes, called the concierge and was told we could show when we want , we arrived at noon , we did move from sky to penthouse a couple of days before sailing.

2 hours ago, George C said:

We had a 2pm checkin, I had asked celebrity rep does that apply to us since we are in suite, they said yes, called the concierge and was told we could show when we want , we arrived at noon , we did move from sky to penthouse a couple of days before sailing.

This is no different than how things worked pre-covid, ask an employee a question, (embarkment times, dress codes, etc) receive the correct policy answer.  But in reality, employees aren't enforcing the rules and may not even have been "ordered" to do so.

Unless someone says they were denied boarding or not-denied boarding (first hand account) I take what someone "heard" with a big grain of salt.

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

7 hours ago, OtherFigment said:

Thanks, TeeRick! Pretty much sums it up, although I'm old and use it like almost like "imo", but with more of a humor slant. Apparently I need to rethink my humor!

Thanks for explaining what you really had in mind, "OtherFigment," because the dictionary link that "TeeRick" offered didn't quite help us enough.  (We're "old" too!)

Last time, we asked if someone would "paraphrase 'just sayin'' --  expressing the same thought in other words, while taking into consideration the context (the reference to the woman in the photo and what she is doing)."  Of course, the dictionary could not "take into consideration the context," so we were still unsure.  Now, after reading your reply, we understand.  Thanks again.

elf426...thank you; thank you; thank you for reminding me how much I love and miss cruising.  I happened to catch an episode of Mighty Cruise Ships yesterday featuring Symphony of the Seas.  It got me to thinking that I can't wait for my January Equinox cruise.  I'm now booked on the Edge 9/11 sailing and cannot wait.  Unfortunately, the 8 SVs that showed as available last night have magically disappeared.  The Celebrity rep found me two "regular" balcony staterooms on deck 8 (not a SV and not a IV). 

I'm a happy girl sailing in just 61 days!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

elf426...thank you; thank you; thank you for reminding me how much I love and miss cruising.  I happened to catch an episode of Mighty Cruise Ships yesterday featuring Symphony of the Seas.  It got me to thinking that I can't wait for my January Equinox cruise.  I'm now booked on the Edge 9/11 sailing and cannot wait.  Unfortunately, the 8 SVs that showed as available last night have magically disappeared.  The Celebrity rep found me two "regular" balcony staterooms on deck 8 (not a SV and not a IV). 

I'm a happy girl sailing in just 61 days!

I did not think there were any regular balconies other than the SV.  Or are you referring to the porthole balconies ?  Which numbers did the rep give you?  Thanks

2 minutes ago, nikel said:

I did not think there were any regular balconies other than the SV.  Or are you referring to the porthole balconies ?  Which numbers did the rep give you?  Thanks

There were several on either side of the ship on decks 7, 8 and 9.  Still waiting to speak with my travel agent to confirm!

1 minute ago, lola2013 said:

There were several on either side of the ship on decks 7, 8 and 9.  Still waiting to speak with my travel agent to confirm!

Please post the numbers when youfind out, I was told there were none.

11 minutes ago, nikel said:

1A

Deluxe Porthole View Stateroom with Veranda

They’re shown as pink cabins on the Edge deck plans.

On deck 8-

Forward there are 8 cabins. Aft there are 4 cabins.

On deck 9 there are 4 cabins- 2 forward and 2 aft.

Deck 7 actually has the most 1A cabins, 22.

Edited by C-Dragons

14 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:
1A

Deluxe Porthole View Stateroom with Veranda

They’re shown as pink cabins on the Edge deck plans.

On deck 8-

Forward there are 8 cabins. Aft there are 4 cabins.

On deck 9 there are 4 cabins- 2 forward and 2 aft.

Deck 7 actually has the most 1A cabins, 22.

Yes I noticed that, but because they are classified as P1 or P2, I am assuming they are porthole .  Too claustrophobic looking for me.  

Pink is the usual color for A1 on S class. Too many categories on E class and too confusing.

6 minutes ago, nikel said:

Yes I noticed that, but because they are classified as P1 or P2, I am assuming they are porthole .  Too claustrophobic looking for me.  

Pink is the usual color for A1 on S class. Too many categories on E class and too confusing.

I just got confirmation that 8313 and 8315 are traditional balconies.

A few have reported on the last sailing that it is was way too hot/humid to lower the IV window and because of that I change rooms from IV to a porthole for the 7/24 sailing.  Just something to keep in mind if your cruise is going to be in during a Caribbean summer; heat/humidity doesn't bother everyone.

2 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

I think they are considered traditional balconies but have the porthole opening. 

This is accurate and their balconies aren't very deep so chairs face each others vs looking out

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I just got confirmation that 8313 and 8315 are traditional balconies.

Thank you.  I guess I'll stick with the IV, especially since its a Western TA in Oct/ November so not too many hot humid days.

• Like 1