Anyone use Princess Luggage Valet?

7Trainguy1951

I'm considering using their luggage valet service offered by Luggage Forward. We don't want to drag luggage thru Philly or Seattle Airports. Can those who used their service give me their thoughts? Thanks for any help!

The valet service comes with costs and restrictions.

I do not remember the costs exactly, but if I remember correctly it starts close to $100/bag within the USA, more if overseas.

They pick up the luggage at your designated location a week or so before the cruise.

They also have restrictions on what items can be placed in the luggage including no:

Aerosol -Aerosol or compressed gas containers

Fragile - Fragile, delicate, breakable items

Valuables - Valuables including jewelry, artwork

Medication - Any prescription medicine or narcotics.

Batteries - Lithium ion batteries

Alcohol - Alcohol including perfume or cologne

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 7:34 AM, 7Trainguy1951 said:

I'm considering using their luggage valet service offered by Luggage Forward. We don't want to drag luggage thru Philly or Seattle Airports. Can those who used their service give me their thoughts? Thanks for any help!

If you are doing the Seattle Alaska cruise; The port of Seattle offers a free luggage valet service.  Onboard the ship you will fill out the form.  Your bags will be picked up from the ship and transported to Seatac airport.  You pick up your luggage at your destination.  It is a free service.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you are doing the Seattle Alaska cruise; The port of Seattle offers a free luggage valet service.  Onboard the ship you will fill out the form.  Your bags will be picked up from the ship and transported to Seatac airport.  You pick up your luggage at your destination.  It is a free service.

Luggage valet is different than the Princess EZCheck.

EZCheck is the Princess program from the ship to the airport and you see your bag at your home airport. That is what the Port of Seattle equivalent is like.

Luggage Valet can bring your luggage from your home to the ship and from the ship to your home (not just your home airport). It can take a week to travel each way for domestic use.

• Like 1

I have used the service for Southampton,Sydney and Rome.  Works great, they pick up the suitcase at your home and the next time you see it is in your cabin.  DHL picked up the suitcase.  Also used it after cruise but may take some time at the pursers desk as the pursers on board aren't that familiar with the program but they always have managed to figure it out.

I've never used the home valet, but the ship to airport valet in seattle. I was on the Ruby, and I believe it was $25.00. You leave your luggage outside your stateroom and the next time you see it is coming down the ramp in your home airport. We'll be using it again in September.

I priced Luggage Valet once after I had surgery and was thinking it would be nice to have someone else handle my luggage. It was several years ago and it was more expensive than I expected. More than $100 a bag. I would have been happy to pay that. I didn’t use it, so I don’t have any personal experience. There were some restrictions, too.