Peninsular Club Points

MX-Drew

I have just checked my P&O account and found the 4 night staycation cruise is listed under my past cruises but the nights don't seem to count towards the points total.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have written to P&O but don't expect an answer in less that about two weeks (due to Covid).

45 minutes ago, rumbalizw said:

They should do, as we have paid, not a free cruise is it . Let us know how it goes please?

Will do.

I agree I don't see why they shouldn't count, as you say we paid.

1 hour ago, davemorton said:

At least you can view yours, I have been getting  Something happened, please try again later for months now. 

Try a different browser, I found using Chrome fixed my issues.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, davemorton said:

At least you can view yours, I have been getting  Something happened, please try again later for months now. 

Try logging in and then  click on your name ......"Hello Dave"

Now click on "My DETAILS " 

Scroll down to your date of birth and if it is not there put it in  and click "update"

Log out of your account  and log back in and it should be there .

Worth a try !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Are they added after you’ve been? 

Yes, however on a long cruise which straddles 2 months where you settle up at the end of the month points are added then, or were. We only know because this happened to us on a 35 night cruise where we moved up a level during the cruise, we queried why our discount had gone from 7.5 to 8.5% during a cruise and the future cruise rep explained. That was several years ago so as with a lot of things could have changed.

4 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I have just checked my P&O account and found the 4 night staycation cruise is listed under my past cruises but the nights don't seem to count towards the points total.

I have written to P&O but don't expect an answer in less that about two weeks (due to Covid).

To date we have not had an issue with P&O points being credited.

On Royal Caribbean the loyalty points usually take at least 7 days to be credited after the end of our cruise.

Graham.

6 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

My 4 nights of points haven’t been added either MX. 

Sorry for the delay.

I have been on the cruise already and I know they are not added until after.

Pink-belle and others who have been on their 3 or 4 night staycation should contact P&O to push the point (excuse the pun).

I guess the excuse will be, it is delayed because of Covid.

• Haha 1

To me it looks as though they're using a complicated way of displaying your points.  I've just done one of the Staycation 4 day cruises and the points displayed for my next cruise are 40 more than they are on the Staycation cruise so I assume they've added them but they don't show up until they show the level you're at on your next cruise.  Assuming I take that next 14 day cruise, the cruise after that has 140 points added and it predicts that I will also be a tier higher.  Makes sense when you sit and think about it but not particularly intuitive and if you haven't got another cruise booked you don't know if points have been added or not.

Guest Snaxmuppet
23 hours ago, davemorton said:

Me 2

22 hours ago, CCFC said:

Try a different browser, I found using Chrome fixed my issues.

I am using chrome 🙂 

On 7/7/2021 at 5:50 PM, kalos said:

Try logging in and then  click on your name ......"Hello Dave"

Now click on "My DETAILS " 

Scroll down to your date of birth and if it is not there put it in  and click "update"

Log out of your account  and log back in and it should be there .

Worth a try !

Was worth a try cheers.  didnt work though. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Was worth a try cheers.  didnt work though. 

I saw your plight Dave and saw mine was not working either ,it did not want to know me.

I could log in but no way was it letting me see my points or past cruises, so I checked 

my details and the only thing missing was my DOB so I entered that and hit update ..

still nothing but when I logged out and went back in all was there again .

Sorry it did not work for you ,thanks for letting me know how you got on . 

• Thanks 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

My DOB is already there... and correct.

One thing I did notice is that in my account number the alpha characters are in lower case. This I find strange. As a software developer of many years I would expect that to be capitalized, and in fact, it is capitalized on my documentation. I tried to change it but it is greyed out and I cannot change it. I might give them a call tomorrow and ask them to change it to see if that fixes it for me. 

A couple of years ago I couldn't log into our loyalty pages - I had a couple of weeks emailing a lady at P&O who was trying to help - she could get in but I couldn't.

It turned out that I was using POFA before the number and I should have only been using FA.

Hope that makes sense, you sometimes get to the point where you try anything 🙂 

19 hours ago, Pippa04 said:

To me it looks as though they're using a complicated way of displaying your points.  I've just done one of the Staycation 4 day cruises and the points displayed for my next cruise are 40 more than they are on the Staycation cruise so I assume they've added them but they don't show up until they show the level you're at on your next cruise.  Assuming I take that next 14 day cruise, the cruise after that has 140 points added and it predicts that I will also be a tier higher.  Makes sense when you sit and think about it but not particularly intuitive and if you haven't got another cruise booked you don't know if points have been added or not.

I have a number of future cruises booked and the totals next to the booking add up according to the nights of the future cruises booked except 40 points are missing for the 4 night staycation cruise. I hope that makes sense.

It matters to me because with the 40 points added on I'm in the next tier before my next cruise.

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I have a number of future cruises booked and the totals next to the booking add up according to the nights of the future cruises booked except 40 points are missing for the 4 night staycation cruise. I hope that makes sense.

It matters to me because with the 40 points added on I'm in the next tier before my next cruise.

Thought I would have a look at my account as it never previously displayed points for future cruises. 

It does now!

I would of thought that the Peninsula points should have been added by now.  I would email P&O via the Contact Us link,  selecting Peninsula Club from the drop down menu.  It would probably take a few days for them to reply, but better than waiting for them to answer the phone.

19 hours ago, kalos said:

I saw your plight Dave and saw mine was not working either ,it did not want to know me.

I could log in but no way was it letting me see my points or past cruises, so I checked 

my details and the only thing missing was my DOB so I entered that and hit update ..

still nothing but when I logged out and went back in all was there again .

Sorry it did not work for you ,thanks for letting me know how you got on . 

I have just tried it and it's worked for me, but using my phone. I was going to start a thread to ask about this as I have also been trying for weeks.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, emam said:

I have just tried it and it's worked for me, but using my phone. I was going to start a thread to ask about this as I have also been trying for weeks.

Glad it worked for you .

6 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thought I would have a look at my account as it never previously displayed points for future cruises. 

It does now!

I would of thought that the Peninsula points should have been added by now.  I would email P&O via the Contact Us link,  selecting Peninsula Club from the drop down menu.  It would probably take a few days for them to reply, but better than waiting for them to answer the phone.

As I have stated in the opening post 🙂, I have emailed P&O but I know (that due to Covid) itwill take over a week to get a response.