While booking your cruise, which of these two "added value items" would you choose?

LauraS

While booking your cruise, which of these two "added value items" would you choose?  

1,047 members have voted

1. 1. While booking your cruise, which of these two "added value items" would you choose?

• An offer for a visa gift card
    • On board credit (the onboard credit amount would have a slightly higher value than the gift card)

On 7/13/2021 at 6:41 AM, richwmn said:

Another thing to consider is if the On Board Credit is refundable and most TA supplied OBC is. If that is the case all else being equal I'd rather have the OBC.

Agreed!  The OBC must be refundable.  However, it likely wouldn't sway me unless it was a considerable amount. 

A good, responsible TA is not so easily found.  It's not the 99 cruises that go as we expect that matter, it's the 1 cruise that falls apart that does matter and a good TA will handle that well for you.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’s lean towards the gift card, but it would really come down to how much of each was offered, we don’t usually spend a huge amount onboard so the Visa we could use anywhere or even get cash is probably more attractive.

OBC is more useful to me if only to pay for gratuities if they aren't already included.  However the more things that are baked into the fare, the more likely I would want the gift card.  I would also be influenced by the value difference between the OBC and the gift card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, jwattle said:

We're an "either/or is excellent" type. Our big box TA used to do OBC, now they do a 8% of our cruise fare as a store card, plus we get 2% of our cruise fare back as a check (at their store, but they'll cash it). I look at that as 10% savings. 🥰🥂

And they call me Lucky.

Tony

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • LauraS unpinned this topic