MDR for solo vaccinated cruisers

Conversation, Contemplation, Romance, Solitude.  Vegan, Kosher, Halal.  Most of the dining room is completely open to the vaxed.  Until we get to the full passenger complement, there will be a lot less crowding, and a lot more personal service.  I'm looking forward to a leisurely 5+ course meal each evening, and a variety of fantastic dinner companions.  Hopefully this leads to post prandial cocktails, a late show, and maybe watching the sunrise on someone else's balcony,

• Haha 1

I'm taking some books to read. I've read fewer pax but fewer crew so service can be slow. Dinner might take longer than planned, so best to have something to read. Order some wine if you can find someone to order from. I've found drink service to be spotty in the Mdr and this was before covid. 

• Like 1

I think the question is whether they're dining alone. I believe MDR is only seating you with your traveling party - either in your cabin or a linked reservation. 

I haven't seen any posts where they're sitting people with strangers at a table. At least not more than 2 on one side of an 8 top and 2 on the other. 

1 hour ago, Deb_Loves_Cruising said:

What are the MDR options for vaccinated solo passengers in the MDR?

On the Adventure, there was no real group dining. And many tables were blocked for social distancing. It made it very comfortable and not packed like sardines. Enjoy. 

We were seated with a couple we did not know on our sailing. We got there first on the first night and I did ask to have a little space put between us. They had done four side by side place settings which surprised me. They were lovely dinner companions but I liked having a little space. There were empty tables around us, I'm not sure why we were seated together but it all worked out.

At this time there isn't sufficient data as to how the general MDR seating is arranged.  There's been announcements that vaxxed will be separated form the un.  As more ships and higher capacity then we will have some ideas as to the arrangements.  

For the first time I'm cruising solo on Oasis Sept 5, if it come off. and I would not mind sitting with other vaxxed Paxs..

7 hours ago, Deb_Loves_Cruising said:

I should have clarified the question. I am wondering about the seating. Will we have to sit a a 2-top table?

I read on one of the ships now sailing that they had like 2 or 3 solo travelers at an 8 top table spread out obviously  I'll find out in October

Edited by molly361

39 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Just returned from freedom.  We had a 2 top by the window and had a 2 top next to us with people just like precovid.  There was also a 8 near us that had people separated at it. 

The 8, how separated--every other seat?

Also, what was the capacity.

Edited by nelblu