10% Celebrity Members Only Bonus

bajathree

Sailing on Aug. 14 on the Edge. My TA contacted Celebrity on July 15th and the representative submitted the request for the additional OBC that day (supposedly). Still no response and he has followed up a couple of times. Keeps getting told it may take 14 days.

Just wondering about the experiences of others as far as response timing from Celebrity?

1 hour ago, Mystictraveler said:

Sailing on Aug. 14 on the Edge. My TA contacted Celebrity on July 15th and the representative submitted the request for the additional OBC that day (supposedly). Still no response and he has followed up a couple of times. Keeps getting told it may take 14 days.

Just wondering about the experiences of others as far as response timing from Celebrity?

I think the response times on these requests are all over the place. Some people post that the OBC showed up in a day or two.  

My request was submitted on July 20.

The following email was received on July 22:

We have submitted your OBC request for review. Once confirmed an invoice will be generated reflecting the non-refundable OBC value. If for any reason, the booking does not qualify, notification will be emailed to the address on the booking.
*Processing may take up to 14 business days.
Please be advised that this onboard credit amount is not refundable if unused. We hope you have a wonderful cruise.
Kind regards,
Best Price Guarantee Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Note:   will say, however, that the price adjustment I received on a cruise where final payment was not made was instantaneous!

Edited by jcpc

2 hours ago, Mystictraveler said:

It's really all over the place. I noticed today that the price of our stateroom on our upcoming Edge cruise had gone down by $200. While was still slightly higher than when we booked it, when you include the current 10% Captain's Club sale it was lower. Just this morning I asked our TA to take a look, and a few minutes ago he said he got us an additional $275 onboard credit each and attached a new confirmation that reflected it.

Of course this is a weird situation; normally we wouldn't be able to do this so close to the sail date, but since the cruise is covered by the COVID 48-hour cancellation policy, it's in Celebrity's best interests (and way easier for everyone) to give us additional credit rather than have us cancel and rebook it at the lower rate.

However, the credit for a previous change in price that our TA requested two weeks ago is still pending. So, the one today, credited immediately, two weeks ago, still waiting.

Edited by GTarrant
Clarification

On 7/26/2021 at 9:47 AM, Mystictraveler said:

I ended up calling today since hadn’t heard back after submitting the Best Price Guarantee form.  The Celebrity rep told me booking didn’t qualify for the discount.  I didn’t understand what he was saying and why he was saying this.  He did offer us $325 OBC, which happens to be about 10% anyway so I didn’t argue with him.  

My sister’s cabin was the same price as ours but he would only give her $200 OBC.  His reasoning is because her Captains Club status is only select so she only qualified for 5% discount.

8 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

I ended up calling today since hadn’t heard back after submitting the Best Price Guarantee form.  The Celebrity rep told me booking didn’t qualify for the discount.  I didn’t understand what he was saying and why he was saying this.  He did offer us $325 OBC, which happens to be about 10% anyway so I didn’t argue with him.  

My sister’s cabin was the same price as ours but he would only give her $200 OBC.  His reasoning is because her Captains Club status is only select so she only qualified for 5% discount.

Glad to hear you were finally able to get some OBC. If I might ask, what cruise is it that supposedly didn't qualify?

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Glad to hear you were finally able to get some OBC. If I might ask, what cruise is it that supposedly didn't qualify?

Edge Oct 2nd sailing.  Only thing I can think of is that we used our Elite status to upgrade at no charge from an A2 to an A1.  Maybe something in the fine print that says you can’t combine status with a discounted rate?  No idea.., 

1 hour ago, CyberTag said:

Edge Oct 2nd sailing.  Only thing I can think of is that we used our Elite status to upgrade at no charge from an A2 to an A1.  Maybe something in the fine print that says you can’t combine status with a discounted rate?  No idea.., 

Part of the T&C's limit the application of this promo:

Offer is combinable with non-refundable fares only. Offer is not combinable with Refundable Rates, Group Rates, Simply Sail, Other Loyalty Promos, Travel Agent rates, Exciting Deals and Employee Cruise Rates.

1 hour ago, CyberTag said:

Only thing I can think of is that we used our Elite status to upgrade at no charge from an A2 to an A1.

That’s not a problem. We used our Captains Club status to book a C2 at the C3 rate, and also received the 10% off from the promo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

That’s not a problem. We used our Captains Club status to book a C2 at the C3 rate, and also received the 10% off from the promo. 

No idea then what the Celebrity rep was referring to. 

10 hours ago, CyberTag said:

Well, this morning we received the infamous "2nd" email saying it can be up to 2 weeks wait, even though our Edge cruise sails Aug 7th. Maybe management has now decided to "tighten down the screws" a little more with regards to enforcing the T&C rules, remembering our X PVP originally said our booking date fell outside the promo coverage period and for us submitting the form was just a last ditch effort based on the positive vibes we got from this thread. Who knows.

I'm just glad you were all able to get something for all of your efforts. But, for us we're not holding our breath as we got a lot more OBC on previous form submissions for our 2nd and 3rd legs of our Aug Edge cruise than we were expecting. But, one can always hope. 😎

So, we were told we would be getting over $2000 in OBC for our November cruise after emailing in the form. It's been a week and I didn't see it yet so I emailed back and asked when it would get applied. The response (typos and all):

" This OBC wil post to your onboard account by thw 2nd evening of the cruise."

Not sure how I feel about that. I think I will be calling and asking for an invoice that shows this OBC amount and push to get it applied earlier. If I am going to have that much OBC I need to be able to use it on excursions and things!

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 7:02 AM, GTarrant said:

Just got our August cruise on the Edge repriced using this; while our cabin is more expensive now than it was when we booked, after the discount it's about $100 less, and got the OBC applied without hassle.

Would love to know this as well. My TA talked to Celebrity and they said I'm not even eligible for the promotion because its past the final payment but the Celebrity agent did say the double points would still be honored.

However, I never trust word of mouth. Sure hope so because I would rather keep my 2X points over saving the 100.00 on the booking.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, BridgeMates said:

Where in the Cruise Planner do you see it?

It's not in the cruise planner. Received an email. But it is a valid promo, and you don;t need an email. Just contact your agent and as long as you're a Captains Club member, they will apply the credits for you. No code is needed.

32 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

Would love to know this as well. My TA talked to Celebrity and they said I'm not even eligible for the promotion because its past the final payment but the Celebrity agent did say the double points would still be honored.

However, I never trust word of mouth. Sure hope so because I would rather keep my 2X points over saving the 100.00 on the booking.

Did you remind them about the Cruise With Confidence Best Offer Gty?  This new promotion entitles you to the difference in OBC when after final payment.   Even $100 is way more valuable than double points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did you remind them about the Cruise With Confidence Best Offer Gty?  This new promotion entitles you to the difference in OBC when after final payment.   Even $100 is way more valuable than double points.

Talked to another agent at TA. They said to submit the Best Offer Guarantee form and I should receive the OBC and keep my double points. We leave August 1st so I will update as I find out more.

Form submitted and just waiting on rccl.

24 minutes ago, kjc852 said:

Hopefully you submitted the form to Celebrity and not Royal!

Lol I did it to bestprice@rccl.com.   So royal was where we were told to send it.  😀

Did I have the wrong info?

Honestly, I do not know where the form needs to be sent.  Since this is a Celebrity promotion applied to their Celebrity cruises, it struck me as odd the form would go to Royal.  Forgive me if I caused any anxiety!

Just checked our Edge Aug 7th booking this morning and its OBC total had increased by $168 (as we had hoped it would), even though we never got a notification email yet letting us know our Best Price Offer request form was approved. Maybe because we leave in just a little over a week they pushed it through? Who knows ...

My form was emailed to bestprice@rccl.com on July 20.

I received an email from bestprice@rccl.com stating form was received and was submitted for review on July 22 and it may take up to 14 business days for me to hear anything.

At 7:56 pm today (Sunday, August 1) I received an email from bestprice@rccl.com confirming that my application was approved and they would apply a non-refundable OBC to my booking in the amount of $239.90 (which is 110% of the total price difference).  Not a huge sum of money, but I'm very happy and I'm also shocked that the "best price team" is working on a Sunday night!  

I checked my reservation online and I don't see the additional OBC yet but I'm sure it will be posted by tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcpc said:

My form was emailed to bestprice@rccl.com on July 20.

I received an email from bestprice@rccl.com stating form was received and was submitted for review on July 22 and it may take up to 14 business days for me to hear anything.

At 7:56 pm today (Sunday, August 1) I received an email from bestprice@rccl.com confirming that my application was approved and they would apply a non-refundable OBC to my booking in the amount of $239.90 (which is 110% of the total price difference).  Not a huge sum of money, but I'm very happy and I'm also shocked that the "best price team" is working on a Sunday night!  

I checked my reservation online and I don't see the additional OBC yet but I'm sure it will be posted by tomorrow.

Let us know if it’s posted in the morning.  My sister was told it would appear in her On board account by the second night.  

10 hours ago, CyberTag said:

Let us know if it’s posted in the morning.  My sister was told it would appear in her On board account by the second night.  

Nothing has been posted as of yet.  It's really a shame that Celebrity is so inconsistent with posting these OBCs!  Typical Celebrity, I guess.

2 hours ago, jcpc said:

Nothing has been posted as of yet.  It's really a shame that Celebrity is so inconsistent with posting these OBCs!  Typical Celebrity, I guess.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you inquired as to where the OBC is, they say it will be posted once on board.  Don’t understand how they can be so inconsistent in their offerings.