Decision date for Sept 25th cruises.

wowzz

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Really not trying to put a damper on things. I genuinely hope you and all those with European cruises booked in the Autumn get to go. Just feel nothing is guaranteed at present...

Though you're right that nothing is guaranteed, I think everything that reopens now will stay reopened. I think we're done being proactive and vaccinating to protect, now we're in a place where we can safely be reactive instead.

• Like 1

Really interesting thread as tbh didn’t think/ know about FCO cover for non essential travel. I’m travelling on the first cruise out to Europe on 25th Sept. all we’ve had so far from P&O is a revised letter to advise theyve updated the insurance requirements to include COVID and upped the liability levels. There was no mention of the FCO travel risk or that we might need to add that on. 
what they have done is provide a link to Holiday Extras, who’s insurance will cover the new cover requirements.  However having asked them this morning about adding FCO non essential cover, they don’t do it. So it’s a bit strange of P&O to partner with a company that doesn’t offer something which might end up being applicable. 

as it’s the first one out ~ there’s a real lack of guidance as it’s been concentrated on UK schedules.  

34 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Really not trying to put a damper on things. I genuinely hope you and all those with European cruises booked in the Autumn get to go. Just feel nothing is guaranteed at present...

How right you are. Nobody knows. One thing we have all learnt recently is that you shouldn't make plans that can't be changed at short notice.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, ScratchTheRat said:

Indeed they all do yeah but NCL are not requiring insurance to board regardless.

Just because it doesn't say you need insurance, travelling without it could be very dangerous indeed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just because it doesn't say you need insurance, travelling without it could be very dangerous indeed.

I know. I always have insurance. The point is (if you read up) that the majority of policies don't cover cruising in amber countries. So you can be insured to the teeth and still unable to board if that cruise line requires insurance.

8 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I know. I always have insurance. The point is (if you read up) that the majority of policies don't cover cruising in amber countries. So you can be insured to the teeth and still unable to board if that cruise line requires insurance.

I have been looking closely at quite a few policies. Many cover Amber countries and traveling to countries that are not actually banned by FCO.

26 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I have been looking closely at quite a few policies. Many cover Amber countries and traveling to countries that are not actually banned by FCO.

Yeah, I noticed that too, which is good. Italy is the big one for me though as I'm due to fly to Rome. 

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Slightly off topic, but Britannia is off Bolt Head at the moment. You can probably see it on your radar. It's quite big.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Active8 said:

...So it’s a bit strange of P&O to partner with a company that doesn’t offer something which might end up being applicable. 

as it’s the first one out ~ there’s a real lack of guidance as it’s been concentrated on UK schedules.  

But maybe P&O will not sail to any country against FCO advice...?

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

But maybe P&O will not sail to any country against FCO advice...?

You’d think they wouldn’t but I’m hoping they’ll give some guidance soon, so we know one way or the other!! Rather than leave so close to the start date 

• Like 2

My sources tell me that by late September the requirement to test before returning will not apply to cruise ships visiting Green/Amber list countries.

This may require bubbled excursions.

It’s expected that cruise lines won’t visit red list countries.

And yes, P&O ships will have capacity to undertake full ship testing, both LFT and PCT as required.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

My sources tell me that by late September the requirement to test before returning will not apply to cruise ships visiting Green/Amber list countries.

This may require bubbled excursions.

It’s expected that cruise lines won’t visit red list countries.

And yes, P&O ships will have capacity to undertake full ship testing, both LFT and PCT as required.

Thanks for that.

Looks promising for September/October cruises. I can live with bubbled excursions  - if necessary I'll just stay on board and make use of the drinks package.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, wowzz said:

Thanks for that.

Looks promising for September/October cruises. I can live with bubbled excursions  - if necessary I'll just stay on board and make use of the drinks package.

I'm the same. I'm happy to do bubbled excursions too! Just let me fly to Italy to meet my ship! 😄

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

Slightly off topic, but Britannia is off Bolt Head at the moment. You can probably see it on your radar. It's quite big.🤣

I am up at Prawle Point this evening.  My first stint at National Coastwatch for a while due to breaking hip.  Maybe I will see her.  Weather is wonderful down here.

https://www.nci-prawlepoint.org.uk/home.htm

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I am up at Prawle Point this evening.  My first stint at National Coastwatch for a while due to breaking hip.  Maybe I will see her.  Weather is wonderful down here.

https://www.nci-prawlepoint.org.uk/home.htm

We are on Brittania off Lyme Regis. When we get near you tomorrow I will wave through the thunder clouds.🤣

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bee-ess said:

Regarding starting back cruising - has anyone had their flight details yet for the upcoming Caribbean season ?

Not yet. 

We fly 25th December and still no flight details. When we booked, the lady mentioned it would be 6 months before. So I checked 25th June and there was nothing there. Checked again this morning and still nothing. I’m assuming they are waiting for the green light for international cruising before confirming flight details. 

I would like to book my airport hotel and parking so it would be good if they at least put an airport placeholder in! (London flight)

5 hours ago, Glitterati said:

Not yet. 

We fly 25th December and still no flight details. When we booked, the lady mentioned it would be 6 months before. So I checked 25th June and there was nothing there. Checked again this morning and still nothing. I’m assuming they are waiting for the green light for international cruising before confirming flight details. 

I would like to book my airport hotel and parking so it would be good if they at least put an airport placeholder in! (London flight)

I thought the 6 months before was from the date of your return flight

8 hours ago, Glitterati said:

Not yet. 

Same as us, we are due to go Jan 1st on Britannia but no flights showing yet.