Once a day house keeping???

pokerguy90

I just used the app, rather than the QR codes.  Full menus were there.

Here's my tips:  If you don't want to use your phone, plan on a daily trip to Guest Services for a less than complete Fun Times (movies and music are omitted), and don't select Your Time Dining - they will seat you but only after making a big deal about needing to check in on the app.  

34 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Hi lazydayz, were the menus for the entire sailing available on day 1? Or do we have to wait for them to post to the hub each day? Deciding where to eat dinner each night will be will be little more challenging than usual on the Mardi Gras. A good problem to have 😋

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Here's my tips:  If you don't want to use your phone, plan on a daily trip to Guest Services for a less than complete Fun Times (movies and music are omitted), and don't select Your Time Dining - they will seat you but only after making a big deal about needing to check in on the app.  

Any chance some of that info is available on the in cabin TV set or perhaps available using a laptop onboard? I detest trying to read that tiny print on my phone, and I probably am not alone in that. I figure many will use a tablet, but my tablet is an Amazon Fire which doesn't offer a version of the Hub App. I'd be okay using a laptop or my Fire for reading the  Fun Times.  I'm also okay asking for a "paper menu" in the MDR.

Doug

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, DGNewton said:

No, we want the room picked up twice regardless.....sailed many a lines and this is the normal....Carnival has and is trying to do less with less, yet using Covid as an excuse....if they have VAX crew then what's the issue?.....but the the price remains the same....just our expectation and will not back down....

I'm with you on this one.  I think at least Diamond should have a choice.  I don't like wet towels and a unmade bed to look at.  I also like ice twice a day without having to ask for it.  They can do heavy cleaning early and just leave ice and take any used towels in the evening.  If I never had twice a day service I guess I wouldn't miss it but since I have I still expect it.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:13 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Because they would clean top to bottom during the day and return in the evening for  straightening up, clean towels, leave chocolates, turn down the beds, create a towel animal and set the lights for evening.  It was always a lovely way to return to your room to see

I always tell them the first day not to make the towel animal.  On the first cruise it was nice but after that I thought it was a waste of their time.  Maybe if children were in the stateroom it would be okay.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 9:21 AM, tm_aw_love said:

The sense of entitlement of some people just seems completely out of hand. And blaming this all on COVID and complaining about it now is just a joke. We cruised in September 2019, and even at that point we were asked morning or evening. Hotels have NEVER provided this type of treatment, and it is even worse now. If you want to demand a butler or a maid be there to wipe your nose for you too, book a suite. Even worse is that the people with the biggest issue seem to be diamond platinum, or people who brag about how much they tip (which based on experience bragging typically is more embellishing). You would think that people with such a 'loyalty' to Carnival would be excited to see them even sailing again. 

I don't know why people keep comparing cruising to staying in a hotel.  I'm paying for a cruise and not a hotel, I never had twice a day cleaning in a hotel and I don't expect it but on a cruise I always had it.  And I always tip extra to each steward and I don't brag about it and I would pay extra if I had to to get twice a day housekeeping.  And I don't expect anyone wiping my nose even when we stay in suites.  :0

17 hours ago, POACruzer said:

Hi lazydayz, were the menus for the entire sailing available on day 1? Or do we have to wait for them to post to the hub each day? Deciding where to eat dinner each night will be will be little more challenging than usual on the Mardi Gras. A good problem to have 😋

Not at all sure.  I just pulled them up from my calendar once I was seated.  It is funny, one time I just sat there for five minutes waiting for a menu then it finally dawned on me, the menu is on your phone.  DUH 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Any chance some of that info is available on the in cabin TV set or perhaps available using a laptop onboard? I detest trying to read that tiny print on my phone, and I probably am not alone in that. I figure many will use a tablet, but my tablet is an Amazon Fire which doesn't offer a version of the Hub App. I'd be okay using a laptop or my Fire for reading the  Fun Times.  I'm also okay asking for a "paper menu" in the MDR.

Doug

Hi Doug, laptop would work.  I think everything is on the tv as well.  But I hate turning the tv on during vacation so I didn’t use it. 

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Carnival: the Spirit airlines of cruising. What's wrong with that?

Our recent Carnival Horizon cruise was on par with Royal and Celebrity.   Pay extra for Havana and you will see Carnival in a whole new light.  

4 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Hi Doug, laptop would work.  I think everything is on the tv as well.  But I hate turning the tv on during vacation so I didn’t use it. 

Thanks. I hate turning on the phone even more. 😉😎  The TV would work for the Fun Times as we'd be reading in in bed just before lights off. Kind of hard to highlight those areas that interest us however.

Doug

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 3:34 PM, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks. I hate turning on the phone even more. 😉😎  The TV would work for the Fun Times as we'd be reading in in bed just before lights off. Kind of hard to highlight those areas that interest us however.

Doug

I like using the television for fun times too and seeing our names and destination on the t.v. lol

On 7/30/2021 at 5:58 PM, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

Actually, you can put the Hub app on an Amazon Fire if you first install the Play Store on it. Then it will work like a standard Android tablet. It was the first thing I did when I bought an 8" Amazon Fire.

This will show you how. https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

On 7/31/2021 at 7:56 AM, toby #1 said:

I don't know why people keep comparing cruising to staying in a hotel.  I'm paying for a cruise and not a hotel, I never had twice a day cleaning in a hotel and I don't expect it but on a cruise I always had it.  And I always tip extra to each steward and I don't brag about it and I would pay extra if I had to to get twice a day housekeeping.  And I don't expect anyone wiping my nose even when we stay in suites.  :0

Times are different now, complaining about it won't change it. That's the bottom line. Either you get over it, or you find a different place or company to vacation with. 

44 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I agree that Carnival can be quite nice. With this new class of suites, it will get nicer. Maybe that's why the Mardi Gras Havana area is smaller. There will be many options for the Carnival cruiser: from budget to Holy Cow!

Maybe not quite the "Holy" Cow level, but it's starting to get up there! Somewhere between Choice and Prime grade cow.  😄

Tom

• Haha 1

For me it’s all about the ice.  If they leave my requested number of pillows on Day 1 and requested number of towels daily thereafter, I don’t care when they service the cabin.  I just need my ice bucket filled sometimes more than once per day, but I don’t mind tracking down someone to do it off schedule if needed. 
On my last 2 cruises just before the shutdown (Dec 19 and January 20) on two different cruise lines, there was only once daily service.  
This is not just a post pandemic thing.

People who must have twice daily service to feel “special” really need to get themselves a life. 

• Like 5