celebrity edge cabin question

dimiegirl

HELLO. We decided to take the plunge back into cruising. We just booked 7223 infinite veranda on the celebrity edge. I wanted to know if this cabin has the bed by the balcony or the bathroom. We enjoy having the bed close to the balcony. If this is not the case we would call to ask for another cabin. I can't tell from the information about the location of the bed with respect to the balcony.  I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

41 minutes ago, dimiegirl said:

I can't tell from the information about the location of the bed with respect to the balcony.  I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

The way you can tell where the bed is located is look at the Edge Deck Plans and in each cabin look for the little indent in the wall.  In indent is where the bed goes. If the indent is closer to the balcony area, then the bed is by the balcony. If the indent is closer to the middle of the cabin, the bed is by the bathroom (As you see there's no indication for the bathroom/closet, which is why the indent seems to be in the middle of the cabin). 

• Like 2

Hi dimiegirl.  We also tend to prefer bed by the balcony on our cruises.   FWIW though, in our opinion we found the stateroom layout on the Edge with the bed by balcony (infinite verandah) to be pretty tight quarters.  I actually would have preferred to have the bed by the bathroom.  Our friends on either side of our stateroom had bed by bath and the cabin just seemed "roomier."   Of course YMMV.   I truly hope you enjoy your cruise on the Edge .... the ship is beautiful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dimiegirl said:

HELLO. We decided to take the plunge back into cruising. We just booked 7223 infinite veranda on the celebrity edge. I wanted to know if this cabin has the bed by the balcony or the bathroom. We enjoy having the bed close to the balcony. If this is not the case we would call to ask for another cabin. I can't tell from the information about the location of the bed with respect to the balcony.  I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

You know, i hope, that there is no balcony, just a window.  The window opens but the effect is nothing like a balcony

14 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You know, i hope, that there is no balcony, just a window.  The window opens but the effect is nothing like a balcony

Hello, are you saying that you cannot step out of the room onto the balcony? Are there other categories that do have a real balcony?

16 minutes ago, dimiegirl said:

Hello, are you saying that you cannot step out of the room onto the balcony? Are there other categories that do have a real balcony?

The infinite Veranda is more like oceanview cabin with a big window that opens from the top down, creating a ledge you can lean on an stick out your head. There are frosted glass bi fold doors(like bifold closet doors) that can enclose the small area right in front of the window to create a little 'sunroom'. It's not a real balcony, just a portion of the room nearest to the window that's utilized as the sunroom. If you leave the bi-fold glass doors open, the space becomes part of the room.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

We had the bed near the balcony and it kind of cut the room in half. I’d recommend one near the bathroom, then you have a great area all the way to it. 

Take a look at the video. We loved the IV. It worked great for us. It is unique, but it more than just a window that opens up half way. Most balconies I’ve had on other ships have big overhangs and the sides come all the way out, obviously to the rail. No you cannot sunbathe on an IV, but I couldn’t on most other balconies. 

But to each their own.

Den

On our transatlantic, our bed was near the bathroom, and I did feel the room was larger...the space just flowed right out to the Infinite Verandah, which we really loved.  I know that people either love the IV or hate it, but I think maybe because the condo we live in has a balcony that has glass at the bottom and has brick walls on both sides, that is what we're used to and we like being "sheltered" from bad weather.  It's the same with the IV.  If the weather is bad you can put the top part of the glass up part way and still get the ocean breeze...or even just crack the top a couple of inches.  Your entire room is larger...as I said, we loved it.  😎

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

We had the bed near the balcony and it kind of cut the room in half. I’d recommend one near the bathroom, then you have a great area all the way to it. 

Take a look at the video. We loved the IV. It worked great for us. It is unique, but it more than just a window that opens up half way. Most balconies I’ve had on other ships have big overhangs and the sides come all the way out, obviously to the rail. No you cannot sunbathe on an IV, but I couldn’t on most other balconies. 

But to each their own.

Den

Thank you everyone for your input. After reading all of your responses I am now very glad I got the room with the bed by the bath as I really value a spacious layout. Thanks so much again for taking the time to help me!

8 minutes ago, dimiegirl said:

Thank you everyone for your input. After reading all of your responses I am now very glad I got the room with the bed by the bath as I really value a spacious layout. Thanks so much again for taking the time to help me!

Right now, I’d be Very Glad to have a bed in an Inside SR, an Oceanview, a standard balcony, an IV near or far from the bath, a Suite…..heck, if I didn’t have to work 12hrs a day, I’d take a bed in the staff area!!

den

• Like 4

Hello again, for those who have traveled recently on Celebrity do you know if they still have the cocktail parties for select and higher tiers? I didn't see anything mentioned at all in my reservation. In the past it was mentioned. They used to host them on the sky deck ... We really enjoyed those get togethers.

1 hour ago, dimiegirl said:

That’s right….you cannot step out of your room to your balcony.  You are always in your room.  You can walk over to the wall and open the window but you are never outside.

There are some rooms which have true balconies.  Here is one kind.  Others are found far in the aft, overlooking the wake.

74D28E03-259B-4CD7-8659-2FA90E03661C.jpeg

8054FCFC-B242-4EC4-B2E9-8924A6C99290.jpeg

2 minutes ago, dimiegirl said:

Hello again, for those who have traveled recently on Celebrity do you know if they still have the cocktail parties for select and higher tiers? I didn't see anything mentioned at all in my reservation. In the past it was mentioned. They used to host them on the sky deck ... We really enjoyed those get togethers.

Those nightly parties were for elite and above, not select and above.  They did host a Captain’s Club Celebration once per cruise, and that was for Select and above.  Both are now, for all intents and purposes, gone.

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

That’s right….you cannot step out of your room to your balcony.  You are always in your room.  You can walk over to the wall and open the window but you are never outside.

There are some rooms which have true balconies.  Here is one kind.  Others are found far in the aft, overlooking the wake.

74D28E03-259B-4CD7-8659-2FA90E03661C.jpeg

8054FCFC-B242-4EC4-B2E9-8924A6C99290.jpeg

Thank you for sending the pics. I dont like this balcony with the porthole look. I think i rather have the one I have booked. Thanks again for clarifying .

10 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

I have been looking and looking at the deck plan and cannot the "indent" to know which cabins are which - appreciate any further help  Thank you

The Celebrity booking web site doesn't show the idents, you need to either download a copy of the deck plans in the Celebrity pdf brochure or go to a cruise web site like Cruisemapper.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Celebrity-Edge-1588/deck07-5175

deck extract.jpg

Just FYI...if you get the Infinite Veranda, when you open it's window the A/C in your room automatically shuts off.  That's why I'd only get rooms with a true balcony, but that's just personal preference.

I previously sailed on Edge in a SV.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get one of those cabins for my 9/11 cruise so I chose the "porthole" verandah.  Seeing the above pictures makes me second guess that; but knowing the air will turn off once I open the IV window puts my mind at ease.  I'll stick with the "porthole."

As Denny01 said, I'll be happy just being on the ship.

50 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

the photos the photos make the room seem darker than it was.  I preferred this style of room because it came with true blackout curtains, which the IV rooms do not.

Let's clarify your statement. The Infinite Veranda has a motorized Blackout Pleated Shade that sits about 6" from the Large window and comes from inside the ceiling all the way to the floor via a switch. When the shade is down the room is very dark. You can stop the shade at any point as it descends from the ceiling. That is the ONLY light and/or privacy tool other than the bifold glass doors (Have they been frosted in all IVs on the Edge and Apex? I don't have the answer to that). Unlike curtains where you can pull them away from the edges to peek outside the IV shade has tracks on the far left and right sides which prevent you from pulling them away to peak outside, doing so will ruin the shades. Because the shade sits about 6" away from the window it is necessary to move the chairs away in order to lower the shade, otherwise they will be in the way. The chairs also must be moved if you want to open or close the bifold glass doors.