RCCL just announced a new policy - basically ALL Canadians will be considered unvaccinated even after 2 shots!!!!

Russ Lomas

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

We have an all inclusive booked for March Break.

They will test us before we fly home, for FREE.

The resort is not at capacity and most all inclusives are outside anyways.

Which resort is testing for free? The ones I was looking at are only providing Antigen tests for free and can arrange the PCR for a fee (anywhere from $79-$200, that I saw).

12 hours ago, brontravel said:

We are literally throwing away doses right now because they have expired. Millions of doses coming in and no one getting in line for them. 

While I would expect a small amount of wastage, there are no reports of significant quantities of vaccine expiring. If you have a link documenting otherwise please post it.

36 minutes ago, broberts said:

While I would expect a small amount of wastage, there are no reports of significant quantities of vaccine expiring. If you have a link documenting otherwise please post it.

Not sure if CC will allow a link but if you Google "Moderna doses expiring in Ontario" you'll come up with a few hits.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, hancogran said:

Not sure if CC will allow a link but if you Google "Moderna doses expiring in Ontario" you'll come up with a few hits.  

Expiring is not the same as expired. It seems to me that media is more than willing to predict a falling sky but rarely will it announce that the sky has not fallen when predicted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Which resort is testing for free? The ones I was looking at are only providing Antigen tests for free and can arrange the PCR for a fee (anywhere from $79-$200, that I saw).

Sandos  Caracol Playa del Carmen.

I'm part of a social media group for that hotel and someone said all cancun hotels are doing free testing because they need visitors.

The antigen test is free with 4 days stay  PCR test free with 7 days stay.

2 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I'm part of a social media group for that hotel and someone said all cancun hotels are doing free testing because they need visitors.

Been there before , it is ok , not great , have not been there for a number of years 

I didn’t like the layout 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K_e_short said:

51 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Been there before , it is ok , not great , have not been there for a number of years 

I didn’t like the layout 

Well, this place is called Cruise Critic! 🙂

I am going to a Caribbean AI for New Years. There is no way I'd let this group know which island I'll be going to, let alone which resort. This is one tough crowd!

Opps, I let it out when 'I'll be traveling. 🤐

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I am going to a Caribbean AI for New Years. There is no way I'd let this group know which island I'll be going to, let alone which resort. This is one tough crowd!

No shame, we're planning on doing an AI at Christmas in Mexico.  Options are Cancun, Merida or Progresso.  Come find us if you can. 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I have to worry about stalkers in here? hehe

I do hope you were joking.

10 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Hahahaha......hilarious!

They should change the name of the website to cruise information or cruise help.....as there are a lot of people that take the name critic too literally.....hahahaha

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, broberts said:

I actually hadn’t read this in the news. But have a friend who is working in vaccine clinics here in Ontario who told me that it was happening. But since you asked i was curious and I found this article. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/8079728/moderna-covid-vaccine-expired-doses-canada/amp/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

They should be giving these dose to people who are immunocompromised, not just because you want to travel 

I'm not in Canada right now, but can anyone who wants a shot can get one?  I'm looking for a 3rd shot, not for travelling, but for that extra protection they are saying a 3rd shot will offer.

Edited by Magicat

7 minutes ago, Magicat said:

I'm not in Canada right now, but can anyone who wants a shot can get one?  I'm looking for a 3rd shot, not for travelling, but for that extra protection they are saying a 3rd shot will offer.

Not at this time , 

have you had a shot in Ontario yet? If you are not registered in Ontario have a shot you probably could get it 

31 minutes ago, Magicat said:

So which groups are allowed to get a shot?  And why is the government not allowing more people access so those shots don't go to waste?  

In Ontario , no group is getting a third shot at this time 

only people complaining are people who think they cannot travel 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

So which groups are allowed to get a shot?  And why is the government not allowing more people access so those shots don't go to waste?  

Anyone 12 and up is eligible to get their first or second doses right now. But they haven’t even decided that a third dose is needed so no one is eligible for a third. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

I think that PHU need to do a better job at reaching those that WANT a vaccine but have not been able to get a shot yet.

I will give a very specific example of this. I work with a lot of teenagers and 20 somethings. 3 coworkers are waiting to get their 2nd shot until the end of the month (when our workplace is shut down for 3 weeks maintenance) because they don't want to get it while working because they are worried about side effects and want to wait until they have time off. 

Thats really the issue and frustration. Not everyone who wants a vaccine is getting one. Vaccines are going to waste because of the distribution system not working correctly.

And then you add bad decisions that have caused those that did the right thing to be penalized.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I think that PHU need to do a better job at reaching those that WANT a vaccine but have not been able to get a shot yet.

I will give a very specific example of this. I work with a lot of teenagers and 20 somethings. 3 coworkers are waiting to get their 2nd shot until the end of the month (when our workplace is shut down for 3 weeks maintenance) because they don't want to get it while working because they are worried about side effects and want to wait until they have time off. 

Thats really the issue and frustration. Not everyone who wants a vaccine is getting one. Vaccines are going to waste because of the distribution system not working correctly.

And then you add bad decisions that have caused those that did the right thing to be penalized.

If someone is not getting their 2nd shot because cant take a sick day if they have a reaction, that is not a problem with the distribution system, that is a problem with the employer or employee.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

To date (as of yesterday) Canada has administered over 50 million doses of Covid 19 vaccine. If 50 thousand doses expire unused it is 50 thousand too much, but it would only represent .1% of the doses given so far. That means that those PHUs who are doing a bad job will have delivered into the arms of Canadians 99.9% of the vaccines assigned to them.  

So if you think we are doing a bad job with vaccine distribution, ask yourself, when was the last time you got 99.9% on a test? Or 99%? or 98% ....

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, brontravel said:

I actually hadn’t read this in the news. But have a friend who is working in vaccine clinics here in Ontario who told me that it was happening. But since you asked i was curious and I found this article. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/8079728/moderna-covid-vaccine-expired-doses-canada/amp/

I'm familiar with the article. As I previously indicated this is a prediction that doses may be discarded. It is not a confirmation that doses have actually been thrown out.

Doubtless there is a small amount of wastage in the system. Fridges and freezers fail, boxes get misplaced, vehicular and other accidents occur, people make mistakes. However I have not seen any confirmation that significant quantities of any vaccine have expired and had to be destroyed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Not at this time , 

have you had a shot in Ontario yet? If you are not registered in Ontario have a shot you probably could get it 

No, we did not get our shots in Canada because at the time Junior said it would likely be September when all Canadians would receive their first shot. With that statement we took it upon ourselves to get vaccinated as it appeared our government had abandoned us.  Now a lot of things have changed since February.  Availability in supply, issues with mixed vaccines, length between 1st and 2nd does, which vaccines are recognized where, to name a few.  

• Like 1