Live - Ovation Stimulation Cruise July 30th

11 minutes ago, Chrome Diva said:

I have received my invite to join the Ovation in Seattle July 30th   I filled out the form    Up popped the attached machine generated acceptance  but I have not heard anything since my initial email   

37115576-AA20-49BD-B5F4-F67FCC267775.jpeg

Good luck and have fun

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We are in.

Congratulations.  Jealous... not jealous... jealous.  Are you going to be doing updates during the cruise?  As you know we're on with you in September and super curious how things are going.  I'll be following this thread.

Tom

2 hours ago, tserface said:

Congratulations.  Jealous... not jealous... jealous.  Are you going to be doing updates during the cruise?  As you know we're on with you in September and super curious how things are going.  I'll be following this thread.

Tom

I will be posting somewhere.  I sometime have issues posting on CC with my tablet.  I may start a live thread.  

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, tserface said:

Made me LOL, but they are going to Alaska.  They can probably use LTE or 5G most of the time 🙂

Not really, on this route we will be too far off the coast most of the time.  Only going as far as Ketchikan.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No free wifi for  you.  Only 50% discount.  😉 😜

We just spent 3 nights at a campground where we had sporadic cell service and no WIFI.  We survived but I think we can splurge and buy it for this trip.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2021 at 10:14 AM, Blizzard54 said:

We just spent 3 nights at a campground where we had sporadic cell service and no WIFI.  We survived but I think we can splurge and buy it for this trip.

I usually enjoy a couple days without the internet but I am going to buy it this time just to post updates

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

I usually enjoy a couple days without the internet but I am going to buy it this time just to post updates

Yay.  FWIW, I think they should provide it free to the test cruisers just so they can get the publicity.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:11 PM, Chrome Diva said:

I have received my invite to join the Ovation in Seattle July 30th   I filled out the form    Up popped the attached machine generated acceptance  but I have not heard anything since my initial email   

37115576-AA20-49BD-B5F4-F67FCC267775.jpeg

Did you get a confirmation?  Are you going?

43 minutes ago, tserface said:

Yay.  FWIW, I think they should provide it free to the test cruisers just so they can get the publicity.

They are limited in giving benefits and "rewards" for participating in the test by CDC rules.  Reports from other test cruises have indicated some nice upgrades to the food selection in the WJ for lunch, at least on boarding day.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Did you get a confirmation?  Are you going?

I have received a confirmation that we have space reserved for us.  They claim that they have been busy and issuing cabin assignments has been delayed.  I have seen where some of the people on the Allure test did not get theirs until the day before sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

They are limited in giving benefits and "rewards" for participating in the test by CDC rules.  Reports from other test cruises have indicated some nice upgrades to the food selection in the WJ for lunch, at least on boarding day.  

Yes, it looks like they are giving us the best they are allowed to, which is nice. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I have received a confirmation that we have space reserved for us.  They claim that they have been busy and issuing cabin assignments has been delayed.  I have seen where some of the people on the Allure test did not get theirs until the day before sailing.

Have you signed in to the ap? We didn't get an email, but our room was populated in the ap

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

Have you signed in to the ap? We didn't get an email, but our room was populated in the ap

I have looked at it many times.  I keep checking.  So far, not there.  I can scroll down and look at the planner for that date but no check in info. 

On 7/26/2021 at 1:10 PM, Blizzard54 said:

Not really, on this route we will be too far off the coast most of the time.  Only going as far as Ketchikan.   

well at least Ovation is finally getting started after being the first ship to arrive.  Heck the Needle webcam was still working then.

However, I guess since Ovation and Encore came from Asia, they have more clearances to do and setups for testing.  And they had to wait I guess for the lovely CDC to allow them to test.

The later ships like HAL and X must have done test cruises already.

Still Ketchikan should be interesting and please take photos of the new dock a couple of miles away. You won't get to walk off the ship if she goes up there unless since no other ships in port, they MIGHT let Ovation into town dock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well at least Ovation is finally getting started after being the first ship to arrive.  Heck the Needle webcam was still working then.

However, I guess since Ovation and Encore came from Asia, they have more clearances to do and setups for testing.  And they had to wait I guess for the lovely CDC to allow them to test.

The later ships like HAL and X must have done test cruises already.

Still Ketchikan should be interesting and please take photos of the new dock a couple of miles away. You won't get to walk off the ship if she goes up there unless since no other ships in port, they MIGHT let Ovation into town dock.

Not all ships are doing test cruises.  If they limit to 95% vaccinated passenger, they do not need to.  It probably requires them to limit kids under 12.

Not sure of the dock situation but I do know that the Serenade used the floating dock just past the other ones.