Live - Ovation Stimulation Cruise July 30th

2 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

Maybe because they are saving you a royal suite and they don't want the rest of us to get jealous 

That sounds good but I expect there will be a Royal exec using it.  Reports from the Allure indicate that all the volunteers got OV balconies.  

We are all packed and ready.

I noticed on the updated event sheet that I received parking is complementary.  We will probably drive rather than taking Uber.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

That sounds good but I expect there will be a Royal exec using it.  Reports from the Allure indicate that all the volunteers got OV balconies.  

We are all packed and ready.

I noticed on the updated event sheet that I received parking is complementary.  We will probably drive rather than taking Uber.

I didn't see that! Free parking?!

6 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

I am. Why?

Royal Caribbean has only invited a  very small group of people and I’m just trying to figure out what group they’re inviting  from besides pinnacles.   Thanks for the reply

20 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

Have you signed in to the ap? We didn't get an email, but our room was populated in the ap

I finally got the email at 1:49 am this morning.  It never showed up in my app or my cruise planner on the website. l was able to load it with the booking number.  Check in on the website was closed but I was able to check in using the app.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 7:54 AM, Blizzard54 said:

Good to see that it is not all Pinnacles.  I expect there will be some media as well.  

I’ve seen about 20 pinnacles and there’s about 450 travel agents and I’ve talked to about 30 of them and 90% have never even been on Royal Caribbean cruises before.  It’s very disappointing considering of all the really nice loyal diamonds and diamonds pluses that would’ve loved to have come. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

I’ve seen about 20 pinnacles and there’s about 450 travel agents and I’ve talked to about 30 of them and 90% have never even been on Royal Caribbean cruises before.  It’s very disappointing considering of all the really nice loyal diamonds and diamonds pluses that would’ve loved to have come. 

I agree, but ta's are the ones who will sell the cruises. Its all about the bottom line.😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I agree, but ta's are the ones who will sell the cruises. Its all about the bottom line.😉

Of course ,   350,000 people that have gone on Royal Caribbean signed up to be potential test cruisers.  

Edited by ericfromri

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

I talked to the business development agent who works with us travel agents. It sounds like a lot of us got invited so RC can prove to us how safe it is. We are the ones who have to put our reputations on the line and recommend cruise lines and we are more likely to recommend a cruise line we know our travelers will enjoy and will keep them safe. I really care about my clients and I have been reluctant to book anyone on anything that doesn't require vaccinations. I've been on board the Odyssey for a few hours and it looks like they are being very careful with the safety of their guests. 

And, to be fair to us travel agents, while I for one don't usually book rc for myself (I'm a Holland and Cunard gal), I so sell about $80,000 worth of RC a year so I think it's reasonable to want to reward us with a few little perks bow and again.

The bulk of the volunteers for this cruise are actually RC employees from many different departments like accounting and call centers. After the year those folks have had they deserve a free vacation. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

I talked to the business development agent who works with us travel agents. It sounds like a lot of us got invited so RC can prove to us how safe it is. We are the ones who have to put our reputations on the line and recommend cruise lines and we are more likely to recommend a cruise line we know our travelers will enjoy and will keep them safe. I really care about my clients and I have been reluctant to book anyone on anything that doesn't require vaccinations. I've been on board the Odyssey for a few hours and it looks like they are being very careful with the safety of their guests. 

And, to be fair to us travel agents, while I for one don't usually book rc for myself (I'm a Holland and Cunard gal), I so sell about $80,000 worth of RC a year so I think it's reasonable to want to reward us with a few little perks bow and again.

The bulk of the volunteers for this cruise are actually RC employees from many different departments like accounting and call centers. After the year those folks have had they deserve a free vacation. 

Well that’s nice if they are Royal Caribbean employees     everyone I asked was a travel agent

34 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

The bulk of the volunteers for this cruise are actually RC employees from many different departments like accounting and call centers. After the year those folks have had they deserve a free vacation

I agree! Just met a very nice lady from the Oregon call center. Said it's been so stressful with things changing daily and hourly but callers get so angry about the smallest detail they have no control over or want preferential treatment or an exception.

Told her I appreciate her and her coworkers during these stressful times!

• Like 8

On 7/28/2021 at 2:18 PM, Blizzard54 said:

I have received a confirmation that we have space reserved for us.  They claim that they have been busy and issuing cabin assignments has been delayed.  I have seen where some of the people on the Allure test did not get theirs until the day before sailing.

And some got moved the day of😉

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

Well that’s nice if they are Royal Caribbean employees     everyone I asked was a travel agent

RC employees should be easy to spot. They should be the ones without purple wristbands😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1