Anybody else tired of the 70's disco party?

On 7/29/2021 at 3:29 PM, wolfganghowell said:

I'd love to see an 80's party - they would have a lot of the same issues and could do a boy band and a female supergroup or Madonna/The GoGo's kind of thing.  Keep the high energy and recognition factor but change it up a little.  Just my two cents - but what do I know?  I only work in entertainment.  😉

This is what kills me... you go to the "silent disco" (which actually plays a LOT of 80s songs, rather than disco), and the dance floor is PACKED with dancers.  Then the headphones get turned in, and the DJ starts playing stupid "club music" and all the dancers DISAPPEAR instantly.

You had a packed venue with people participating, buying drinks, enjoying themselves... and then you ran them off.  Why not have the "guest DJ" keep the party going once the headphones are turned in?  Even 20yos will dance to 80s music, because they grew up listening to it when their parents played it.  Very frustrating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yeah, they sold out. My wife loves the movie Saturday Night Fever and especially the Bee Gee songs in the movie. She's even got the DVD and the CD.  She liked the evening show on the Liberty called Saturday Night Fever, but is burned out on 70's night on RC ships.  👍

The movie was film in an area that I spent a lot of time in .I enjoyed that portion of the film.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

And they were right.  The soundtrack for Saturday Night Fever has sold something like 40 million copies, more than half of which were sold in the first few years.

Very few artists never sold out.If you were to google wealthiest rock singers you might be surprised.

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nope

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nope

In The Navyyyyy .... In The Navyyy!   🙂      (You know y'all love sum Village People!   LOLOL)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Because the really good singers don't want to sign a 6+ month contract to only sing to middle class, middle aged cruisers.  They have other options.

Figure skaters and gymnasts and high-divers don't have a lot of professional options to continue their specialty, so signing up to get paid to do what they love on a cruise ship is easy to understand.  But singers have options.  

They also do not want to work on the ships as many of the singers are asked to.

7 minutes ago, F27TW said:

In The Navyyyyy .... In The Navyyy!   🙂      (You know y'all love sum Village People!   LOLOL)

No thanks that should be confined to special interest group cruises. 

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

They also do not want to work on the ships as many of the singers are asked to.

Sure they do. You used see them at muster drill. I've seen some in gift shops during the day making some extra coin