LIVE (hopefully) from the Nieuw Amsterdam's 2nd Alsakan Sailing

Brentt_M

2 minutes ago, liam1965 said:

I slept in really late!  I mean, it’s only 7:30 and I usually get up at 6:30, but as I’m an easy coaster, that’s four extra hours!

See you at the M&M at 4, Brentt!

Absolutely plan on being there. Hope we have a solid turn out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brentt_M said:

So we are just taking it easy and lounging in the room a bit this morning.  We will probably get up and about in a couple hours.

Good morning!  Looks like you’re having a much better first sea day than last week. 👍 Hope we experience the same beautiful weather in 4 weeks. 

Have a few suite questions when you have a chance -

Is there bar soap in the bathroom or just the liquid?  What about the other usual suite bathroom goodies?

Are there Splenda (yellow) and raw sugar packets by the Nespresso machine in the suite and also in the Neptune Lounge?

Do they have someone serving food and beverages in the Neptune Lounge rather  than self-serve?

Did you have to request the evening turndown or did they just automatically do it?

Thanks!  🙂

12 minutes ago, zelker said:

Good morning!  Looks like you’re having a much better first sea day than last week. 👍 Hope we experience the same beautiful weather in 4 weeks. 

Have a few suite questions when you have a chance -

Is there bar soap in the bathroom or just the liquid?  What about the other usual suite bathroom goodies?

Are there Splenda (yellow) and raw sugar packets by the Nespresso machine in the suite and also in the Neptune Lounge?

Do they have someone serving food and beverages in the Neptune Lounge rather  than self-serve?

Did you have to request the evening turndown or did they just automatically do it?

Thanks!  🙂

Have not been to the neptune lounge yet.  It's not as convenient when you are in an aft suite.

(Edit: My son just walked in with a plate from the lounge and said it is complete self serve.)

They only have a container of what I assume is sugar next to the coffee machine. No packets at all.

They said turndown was automatic for neptune suites.

All of the Elemis items I remember are still there including a bar of soap. They have shampoo and conditioner only in the dispensers through. Soap is also in a dispenser if you prefer it that way.

Edited by Brentt_M
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Himself said:

That is a great picture.  Seas look calm!  you are Blessed!

I am not a photographer at all. I really don't have an eye for it and most of my pictures leave a lot to be desired. However, I am happy with that one even if it won't be winning any awards.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Himself said:

That is a great picture.  Seas look calm!  you are Blessed!

They’re a little rougher than they look, but nothing we can’t handle.  They’d be murder on a few of my family members, though.

Edited by liam1965
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

Not sure as I am only a 2*. Perhaps someone else can answer this for you.

When we went to Tamarind I ordered the Crab Legs appetizer off the Nami Sushi menu and was charged 50% of the cost plus the additional gratuity.

• Like 3

Good morning Brentt, I am just now getting a chance to read your review and will be following. Since we will be on board in less than 5 weeks I need to follow for changes 😉😂

Thanks to you and your kids for taking us along on the Nieuw Amsterdam’s second week to Alaska. 
Looking forward to your posts, trust I will understand your frustrations with the internet and posting to CC .

• Like 6

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Will you try breakfast in the Pinnacle?

@Brentt_Mthe last time I was in a Neptune Suite ( Eurodam Alaska) breakfast for these suites was offered in The Pinnacle Grill. Is this still among the benefits of staying in one of the Neptune Suites? 

1 minute ago, Calicokat said:

@Brentt_Mthe last time I was in a Neptune Suite ( Eurodam Alaska) breakfast for these suites was offered in The Pinnacle Grill. Is this still among the benefits of staying in one of the Neptune Suites? 

I just asked this question in the lounge.  Neptune guests can go to the Pinnacle for breakfast.   Sea days it starts at 8.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I just asked this question in the lounge.  Neptune guests can go to the Pinnacle for breakfast.   Sea days it starts at 8.

Thank you for inquiring. I was hoping that hadn’t changed. 

• Like 1

Brentt_M:  your posts make for a fantastic read.  I like your style: concise, informational, plus great photos (the ocean! the food!). You are taking us on a virtual cruise, happening by happening and this is really enjoyable.  Have a wonderful time and thanks for all the time you are spending on this :)

• Like 6

I'm curious to know what the activity level is on the Lido deck around the pool and Lido cabanas.  We reserved a Lido cabana for the week on our sailing in two weeks and wondered what to expect.  It's our first HAL cruise.  Pics would be great too! 🙂

25 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I'm curious to know what the activity level is on the Lido deck around the pool and Lido cabanas.  We reserved a Lido cabana for the week on our sailing in two weeks and wondered what to expect.  It's our first HAL cruise.  Pics would be great too! 🙂

Here's a YouTube video:

Cabana Time! On Holland America Line's Nieuw Amsterdam - YouTube

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

When you have time, would you mind posting the cost of bingo?  Thank you!

I didn't see this before the session but I will get a pic next time.

Edited by Brentt_M
  • Like 3