LIVE (hopefully) from the Nieuw Amsterdam's 2nd Alsakan Sailing

Brentt_M

12 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

My son hates ziplines but my daughter loves them. She is a bit of an adrenaline junky. We are going skydiving for her 18th birthday later this year. However, when she learned this one is a seated line she said that's too boring so no zip rider for any of us.

This is my first zipline 😮 so when I saw it was seated, I said this is the time. 😝

Safe travels today! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brentt_M said:

25100.jpeg

What a cute doggie! I want to kiss that sweet face and just cuddle with her. 

I am sorry about the death of your wife, and the kids' mother. A very tough loss for all of you. 
Congratulations on picking up your lives and continuing on! Enjoy your time together in The Great Land, as you make great new memories. 

• Like 8

I'm sorry to hear of your wife passing last year.  I do hope you and the kids have a wonderful cruise.  I'll be checking your Live From all week, so thanks for doing it.  We understand you won't be on CC all the time.  You need to concentrate on enjoying your cruise experience.  Bon Voyage!

• Like 3

I regret learning at your loss, but, I have been in a similar situation when I had a cruise booked and my Mother (who loved cruising as much as I did) passed.  Ought I cancel?  Decided, no.  That's not what she would want me to do.  Taking that cruise on the Veendam less than 3 months after her death was therapeutic for me.  I wish the same for your children and you!

Bon Voyage!

• Like 8

Well we made it to Seattle and got checked into our hotel for the night.  Very nice day here, definitely beats those triple digit days we were having back home.

We are now sitting down at Sharp's Roasthouse. We are all extremely hungry so hoping the food is good.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Brentt_M said:

We are now sitting down at Sharp's Roasthouse. We are all extremely hungry so hoping the food is good.

I hope the food is delicious - you all deserve it 👍 

So food and sevice was good and very quick.  Not a bad place to eat if you decide to stay in one of the hotels by the airport.

We had the buffalo mac n cheese, the 4 cheese mac n cheese with broccoli, and the salmon with mashed potatoes and broccoli.

20210730_164855.jpg

20210730_164911.jpg

20210730_164906.jpg

• Like 22

Like everyone else has said, you have my condolences too on the loss of your wife and I am looking forward to your reports. I can relate on a personal level in a number of ways to you in that I loss my DW too at the end of February 2020. We had been on 5 HAL cruises together (3* mariner, always in suites), and our little dog, was a Coton de Tulear that looked a lot like your dog. In fact years back while in Hamilton, Bermuda we spent some time on the promenade deck of the Veendam visiting with the magician Jeff Peterson and his Coton de Tulear dogs Indy and Tuli who were performing on board that cruise. Though we also sailed on a number of CCL and NCL cruises it was HAL that we enjoyed the most. I've booked a solo Caribbean cruise on the new Rotterdam for December as a start to my return to the sea.

• Like 13

So glad there will be another Alaska thread you can take us along on!  Even more fun with your kids-hopefully you’ll let us know what they like & dislike.  New memories will be made for your family.  Hope you all have a wonderful time.  

• Like 3

We are hopefully going to be on there too. We are currently on a train crossing the country to get to Seattle. Hopefully the train arrives on time (fingers crossed) or close to it and at will see you on board!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brentt_M said:

Well we made it to Seattle and got checked into our hotel for the night.  Very nice day here, definitely beats those triple digit days we were having back home.

Welcome to Washington, have a good time this evening.

Edited by atexsix

1 hour ago, 3XX1XY said:

We are hopefully going to be on there too. We are currently on a train crossing the country to get to Seattle. Hopefully the train arrives on time (fingers crossed) or close to it and at will see you on board!

That sounds amazing! I need to start packing.......

Brentt:  I truly feel that your wife is smiling down on all three of you as you embark on this journey.  I pray that this will (continue) to heal your broken hearts, and lift your spirits to another level. Thank you for sharing your personal background, and for taking us along for the ride.  Enjoy the ship, enjoy your suite, enjoy the thermal suite, enjoy Alaska, and enjoy your children!  Hugs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope you all have an amazing trip together. Looking forward to following along - we will be there two weeks later, please leave some bread pudding for us. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to reading your posts this week. Hoping you and your children have a terrific cruise. Sorry to hear about the death of your wife last year while on a cruise! Can’t imagine the emotions you must be experiencing! Take care and have fun!

• Like 1

Well after eating and getting back to the hotel last night we were all exhausted from the travel day and crashed almost immediately.  Slept pretty good, but the downside is that it is now 430am and I am wide awake.  Dang time change!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Brentt_M said:

Well after eating and getting back to the hotel last night we were all exhausted from the travel day and crashed almost immediately.  Slept pretty good, but the downside is that it is now 430am and I am wide awake.  Dang time change!

I feel your pain on the time change 😉.  It takes getting used to.  

• Like 1

It’s embarkation day!  It’s embarkation day!

(To the tune of the Howdy Doodie theme song)

So excited, I couldn’t sleep past 4am.  Well, that and I’m an east coast boy who usually gets up between 6 and 6:36...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Three cheers of embarkation day for the three of you!  I support your comment 100% about enjoying your vacation as the week”s priority. Lisa went above & beyond in laying the groundwork!

But as time permits, I think everybody will be enjoying this perspective, too, from a dad with two teenagers on this special Alaska vacation. Have a great time on this special trip together.

• Like 3