Cruise cancelling

We are booked for Sept 19 and 26 2021, Oasis from NJ.

We are not sure it we should go, Anyone who is booked have any feelings about this?

We want to go its being a long time but the new protocols changes almost every day makes us think.

Now even though we are vax,we have to show proof that we are ok also mask wearing social distancing.

We like to hear from others.

Thank you and best regards,

Manny & Lydia LI NY

• Like 1

Just now, juncos said:

We are not sure it we should go, Anyone who is booked have any feelings about this?

Wait for at least another month to decide- the protocols should be announced (allowing you to cancel for a refund) and the overall situation should be a bit clearer. 

• Like 1

I am on the same cruise Sept 19. Having the same concerns. I was so excited last week and now am very emotional. I will wait and see also. I am hoping if it gets too bad by then they will let me get my refund. This would be the 4th time on the same booking.

If you are vaccinated...have you considered Celebrity.. they are going with the higher 95% threshold and so far are mask free because of the high percentage of vaccinated...or course things could change there too..but at least you have a nearly total vaccinated cruise. It might require traveling out of another state..so flying.. which is a whole other 'kettle of fish' so to speak

Listen,only you can make that decision. Covids going nowhere. We need to live with it. Car accidents going nowhere,cancers going nowhere. Live in a bubble or live your life before you cant live it anymore. Search out facts and dont look at forums for facts. Its a shame people have been bombarded with fear. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kearney said:

If you are vaccinated...have you considered Celebrity.. they are going with the higher 95% threshold and so far are mask free because of the high percentage of vaccinated...or course things could change there too..but at least you have a nearly total vaccinated cruise. It might require traveling out of another state..so flying.. which is a whole other 'kettle of fish' so to speak

Yes I am vaccinated. At this point by September I feel everyone is really at risk. Had the virus and don't want it again

3 hours ago, karen1821 said:

Yes I am vaccinated. At this point by September I feel everyone is really at risk. Had the virus and don't want it again

According to the newest researches here in Israel, those fully vaccinated (Pfizer in our case), who have also been sick with Covid, are very much protected, in comparison to those who have been only twice vaccinated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, karen1821 said:

Do what you feel is right for you, don't listen to people on here. You been through it and know what it is like. Some people on here won't understand until they get the virus. I know it's  sad but true.

• Like 1

My wife and I are on the 9/19 sailing and at this point plan to go. We are also on the Celebrity Edge tomorrow and the Allure on 8/15. We are already in Florida for the Edge/Allure sailings. Just found out we will receive an antigen test at the pier tomorrow for the Edge cruise and just scheduled our antigen tests on 8/12 for the 8/15 Allure, for all 8 of us. 

I wish circumstances were like 2019, but they are not. We will roll with it unless circumstances get worse. All of the adults in our party are fully vaccinated --- 

mac_tlc

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

My wife and I are on the 9/19 sailing and at this point plan to go. We are also on the Celebrity Edge tomorrow and the Allure on 8/15. We are already in Florida for the Edge/Allure sailings. Just found out we will receive an antigen test at the pier tomorrow for the Edge cruise and just scheduled our antigen tests on 8/12 for the 8/15 Allure, for all 8 of us. 

I wish circumstances were like 2019, but they are not. We will roll with it unless circumstances get worse. All of the adults in our party are fully vaccinated --- 

mac_tlc

Wouldnt you have to be tested anyway because edge and allure are within 14 days of each other.

The health screening on carnival asks if you have been out of the country within 14 days and your cruises are so close you would have to say yes and be tested no matter if new protocol or not.

I would go in a heartbeat.  I have been so long without an adventure, that nothing could stand between me and the gangway.  Protocols are minor inconveniences, I can adapt.  I'm vaccinated, so I am at minimal risk of catching anything - my only concern with Covid is whether testing positive at some point might cut my vacation short. 

I already have accepted a little bit of risk for Covid.  I go to concerts and plays.  I play cards at the club.  I shop for groceries.  I ride the city bus.  ..and I'm quite happy flying to the port to go CRUISING!  just let me on board.

I am quite willing to wear a mask, not for my own protection (it doesn't work that way), but I feel more comfortable doing my little bit for someone else's safety and peace of mind.

If on-board entertainment is affected or curtailed, no worries.  I'm SAILING!  If shore excursions are affected or curtailed, no worries.  I'm laying in the sun on my balcony watching the waves, listening to the shore birds.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wouldnt you have to be tested anyway because edge and allure are within 14 days of each other.

The health screening on carnival asks if you have been out of the country within 14 days and your cruises are so close you would have to say yes and be tested no matter if new protocol or not.

Interesting question. Nothing I have received from Royal to-date asks that question and the health screening questionnaire for Celebrity does not ask that question. I guess I'm covered either way.

21 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Interesting question. Nothing I have received from Royal to-date asks that question and the health screening questionnaire for Celebrity does not ask that question. I guess I'm covered either way.

Carnival paid for it, but there was a thread where they asked her if she had been out of the country in the last 14 days and she said yes ... off to get tested she went. So then others started to think what about s2s or skipping a week. They did test her on their dime. She had done a land vacation to Aruba. 

Procedures seems to get more and more daily.

45 minutes ago, gmerick said:

I would go in a heartbeat.  I have been so long without an adventure, that nothing could stand between me and the gangway.  Protocols are minor inconveniences, I can adapt.  I'm vaccinated, so I am at minimal risk of catching anything - my only concern with Covid is whether testing positive at some point might cut my vacation short. 

I am cruising but I'll drive to the port. Someone is posting on carnival threads who did a short 4 or 5 day cruise and tested positive the day before debark.

She is presently quarantined in a hotel for 7 to 10 days she says. She has no symptoms and says she isnt being supervised, its honor system. Carnival didnt fly her from Galveston to CT. They ambulanced her to a hotel in houston.

7 to 10 days of quarantine would be a little more than a minor inconvenience. But of course I'm going and will take my chances, but the risk is going up daily.

39 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Celebrity is requiring tests for all now too.

I’m not surprised I would think all of them will. They have 7 positive cases on Celebrity Edge right now. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

I’m not surprised I would think all of them will. They have 7 positive cases on Celebrity Edge right now. 

Wonder how many more before they get back to port?

On 7/30/2021 at 1:48 PM, kearney said:

Never will consider celebrity.

Thanks for the reply,

Best regards,

Manny & Lydia