Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, how weird is that? How many people are going to book a cabin for 3 people. Really would you take a child on a 16 night cruise during the school year?

Home Schooled Kids, younger Kids(1-5) and year round Schooling. I'd guess this is 20% all US Kids. I did all three these for Orlando and Cruise Vacations with my Kids. My Grand Daughter is yr round and currently gets 3-4 weeks off in Fall, Winter and Spring. 

9 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Anyone have an idea where Explorer and Jewel are going after Oct 2023? They.are the only ones not accounted for from Nov 2023 onwards assuming that Navigator is staying in LA.

I have been looking for Voyager for September/October 2023, but I haven’t seen anything.  Last cruise I see for 2023 is r/t Copenhagen September 3rd and then nothing til November I think. There’s a transatlantic, some sailings from Boston and a repositioning during that time period in 2022. 

22 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Home Schooled Kids, younger Kids(1-5) and year round Schooling. I'd guess this is 20% all US Kids. I did all three these for Orlando and Cruise Vacations with my Kids. My Grand Daughter is yr round and currently gets 3-4 weeks off in Fall, Winter and Spring. 

The Panama Canal cruise I have been on, could have counted the young children on your hands and toes. Don't believe there will be a lot of cabins with 3 passengers. Not as many as I just saw when putting 3 passengers in for the cabins search. it's crazy how many there are right now, They will never fill all those cabins with 3 passengers, Never.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

The Panama Canal cruise I have been on, could have counted the young children on your hands and toes. Don't believe there will be a lot of cabins with 3 passengers. Not as many as I just saw when putting 3 passengers in for the cabins search. it's crazy how many there are right now, They will never fill all those cabins with 3 passengers, Never.

Understand, Agree. Was just pointing out missing School isnt much an issue. Besides large group not in School other Kids are allowed off 1-2wks a yr for Family Vacations. Only thing I have go by is Decade taking Fall Repo's of 11-13niters where we'd have about 50 Kids on Radiance Class. Though 16n is really long, took my Kids Fall or in Feb(midwinter break) on 7, 9 & 10niters 15-25 yrs ago. Was only way could afford it as Spring/Summer/Winter Bks was double the cost and they had time off anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

China has been removed from the Deployment 23/24 Flyer. 

Yes, and that is what I've been expecting for some time.  Thus ends Royal's experiment in China.  

An alternative strategy of targeting westerners to cruise in the region would have worked better but the geopolitics would have killed it anyway.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

China has been removed from the Deployment 23/24 Flyer. 

They have also added “9/5 night Miami” and removed the “7 night Caribbean” item.  
Do you think the 9/5 cycle is likely to be for Explorer?  Icon? 

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

They have also added “9/5 night Miami” and removed the “7 night Caribbean” item.  
Do you think the 9/5 cycle is likely to be for Explorer?  Icon? 

Icon?

A year in the Atlantic and off to the pacific .

Lelepa will officially open in October 2024 but may have some visits in 2023.

Tauranga has ship LNG now and Port Kembla has LNG available.Theres plans of a barge to fuel ships in Sydney.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Does that mean Spectrum will remain year round in Singapore?

Unless we see something new arrive to our shores, it is very likely going to be Spectrum again. Not even 100% sure whether it would be year round or just an extended seasonal deployment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

I think so.  
Hope Royal introduces longer and more creative itineraries from Singapore.  

Hoping for more east bound itineraries than west bound. I'd like to see more regular cruises to Vietnam and Bangkok/Koh Samui, and also Philippines. That would really make for more longer Caribbean style itineraries!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Hoping for more east bound itineraries than west bound. I'd like to see more regular cruises to Vietnam and Bangkok/Koh Samui, and also Philippines. That would really make for more longer Caribbean style itineraries!

Longer cruises to Philippines would be nice. Not a fan of cruises to Vietnam (HCM) and Bangkok as the ports are too far from the city. I never leave the ship whenever i sail to those ports. It would be nice if they would go Nha Trang etc but might be abit far for a round trip cruise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, direptor said:

Longer cruises to Philippines would be nice. Not a fan of cruises to Vietnam (HCM) and Bangkok as the ports are too far from the city. I never leave the ship whenever i sail to those ports. It would be nice if they would go Nha Trang etc but might be abit far for a round trip cruise.

I haven't been up the eastern side yet from Singapore. I'm sure they can do Nha Trang, it's not that far, when the ship has to cover such distances, it can at higher speeds, which we never see sailing in SEA.

6 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I haven't been up the eastern side yet from Singapore. I'm sure they can do Nha Trang, it's not that far, when the ship has to cover such distances, it can at higher speeds, which we never see sailing in SEA.

I only been to Nha Trang on Singapore -> Shanghai sailings. I forgot if the Singapore to Hong Kong sailings stop there too. Hopefully we get something more than just Penang/Phuket bah. Phuket especially isn't as nice to visit from about Mar-Oct since they ship doesn't dock near Patong Beach and its a 45mins ride from the Deep Sea Port to Patong Beach.

• Like 1

Just now, direptor said:

I only been to Nha Trang on Singapore -> Shanghai sailings. I forgot if the Singapore to Hong Kong sailings stop there too. Hopefully we get something more than just Penang/Phuket bah. Phuket especially isn't as nice to visit from about Mar-Oct since they ship doesn't dock near Patong Beach and its a 45mins ride from the Deep Sea Port to Patong Beach.

I think the SIN - HKG sailings did as well. Do you know why they don't tender off Patong beach during those months?

2 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I think the SIN - HKG sailings did as well. Do you know why they don't tender off Patong beach during those months?

The sea is too rough during those months so they can't setup the floating jetty. It would be too dangerous. If you been to Phuket in these months, you will see that the waves are much higher. Not sure whether its high enough to surf etc but definitely higher than the Oct-Mar period.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, direptor said:

The sea is too rough during those months so they can't setup the floating jetty. It would be too dangerous. If you been to Phuket in these months, you will see that the waves are much higher. Not sure whether its high enough to surf etc but definitely higher than the Oct-Mar period.

Ahh. I haven't cruised to Phuket out of that season. Mainly year end which i guess is calmer than the rest of the year. 

ROYAL CARRIBEAN CRUISES       SERENADE OF THE SEAS      LE HAVRE      18/05/2023 06:30    .                     18/05/2023 18:00           MIAMI-ZEEBRUGGE
Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

6 hours ago, direptor said:

We did the Singapore to HK sailing on Voyager, July 2018. 

SINGAPORE
CRUISING

BANGKOK/LAEMCHABANG,THAILAND - 2 days / overnight stop

CRUISING
HO CHI MINH(PHU MY), VIETNAM

NHA TRANG, VIETNAM

HUE/DANANG(CHAN MAY),VIETNAM

CRUISING
HONG KONG, CHINA

Nha Trang was the standout.  I agree, it would be great if there were more itinerary options from Singapore.  We've  cruised from there quite a bit and agree, other than the above, the only options were the west side itineraries from memory.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2022 at 8:22 AM, RosieRoo said:

I have been looking for Voyager for September/October 2023, but I haven’t seen anything.  Last cruise I see for 2023 is r/t Copenhagen September 3rd and then nothing til November I think. There’s a transatlantic, some sailings from Boston and a repositioning during that time period in 2022. 

The Boston fall cruises have always come from Europe at the beginning of September and nothing has bern posted yet for Boston 2023.. so I hope you are correct...

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I can't even get the one ways from Colon to Panama City to load. I get an error each time I click on a date.

I was able to book online 2 cabins for the April 6th sailing just now. The website was HORRIBLE but finally was able to finish the booking.