Vista Passenger reporting + covid cases/immediate masking

ScottsSweetie

Rotashield was a prime example of what I am worried about. Please take this vaccine we have developed to prevent your child from catching this terrible disease which really had almost zero chance of occurring and then the vaccine caused a much larger percentage problem in the babies who received it. I work for a corporation  and I know how they think. Does it make money and can we cover our butts. 

• Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 1:23 AM, matymil said:

People can get fake vax cards pretty easily right now. Im totally on board with everyone getting tested

At least one functional medicine practitioner has been arrested for issuing vaccine cards for her own concoctions.

Edited by Noami

1 minute ago, Noami said:

More than one functional medicine doctor has been arrested for issuing vaccine cards for their own concoctions.

Vaccine cards are still printable online from the CDC in several states and a quick search of F*cebook will find you a valid lot number and the day it was given because people posted so many pictures online of their vaccine card. With card stock, anyone could make a fake vaccine card in minutes. This is why I have said from the beginning. If you test, it has to be everyone. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Rotashield was a prime example of what I am worried about. Please take this vaccine we have developed to prevent your child from catching this terrible disease which really had almost zero chance of occurring and then the vaccine caused a much larger percentage problem in the babies who received it. I work for a corporation  and I know how they think. Does it make money and can we cover our butts. 

LOL, point taken. However, I would still argue there is a large difference between a vaccine and a drug. Of all of the vaccines given, you *did* find a few that caused problems - although I would say RotaShield is the only valid one.

I think with Covid this is a completely different example, but you *did* do exactly what I asked, so touche 🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, alyssamma said:

LOL, point taken. However, I would still argue there is a large difference between a vaccine and a drug. Of all of the vaccines given, you *did* find a few that caused problems - although I would say RotaShield is the only valid one.

I think with Covid this is a completely different example, but you *did* do exactly what I asked, so touche 🙂 

Thanks and I am not saying the vaccine does not work. I really have no evidence either way. I just cannot see any value in me taking it at this point. I should be as immune as anyone who has taken the vaccine and it would not prevent me from catching it or transmitting it. 

• Like 5

Just now, asalligo said:

Thanks and I am not saying the vaccine does not work. I really have no evidence either way. I just cannot see any value in me taking it at this point. I should be as immune as anyone who has taken the vaccine and it would not prevent me from catching it or transmitting it. 

I think it isn't that it makes you more "immune" it's that if you *do* get it, the effects are much less severe and you'll stay out of the hospital.

But, this is America...I'm fine with you not getting vaccinated. I'm also fine with corps or businesses requiring vax'd only people.

Everyone can choose and make their own decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I trust you know why.

He does, but for the rest of the kids at home....because you can be exposed to the virus and then your antibodies kill it or most of it and you get mild symptoms.

It's no longer deadly to me or anyone else vax'd, only those not vax'd....and those people may not be in my or your immediate vicinity, they may be in the store we go in or we may expose someone at Piggly Wiggly who then takes it home to their baby or immunosuppressed family member.

• Like 2

Just now, alyssamma said:

I think it isn't that it makes you more "immune" it's that if you *do* get it, the effects are much less severe and you'll stay out of the hospital.

But, this is America...I'm fine with you not getting vaccinated. I'm also fine with corps or businesses requiring vax'd only people.

Everyone can choose and make their own decisions.

But I had it and had absolutely no symptoms that I noticed. No fever, no cough, nothing. Why would I rock that boat. 

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

But I had it and had absolutely no symptoms that I noticed. No fever, no cough, nothing. Why would I rock that boat. 

Yeah, that is *you*...and I said it's fine if you choose not to get it. However, you may get a variant and not be so lucky.

Still, you may not 🙂

This is a personal choice for you.

18 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm definitely not brining along my N95's this Saturday. I'm comfortable with Level 3 masks. Heck, I should just downshift to a Level 1 and breathe easy!

Tom

Why stop at Level 1?  Join me at level zero and look sexy...

BLACK cotton crochet face mask netting mesh look COSTUME image 0

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

My cousin, who is almost 50, is in the hospital on the vent with COVID.  She was fully vaccinated.  I'm assuming she got hit particularly hard because she's on immunosuppressants for her  JA.  Be careful out there. 

I hope she makes a full recovery.  Hopefully, a booster will eventually help those who need the extra protection.

15 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

Thanks for posting this.  John Heald made it sound like you can just keep your mask in your pocket and you would only have to put it on during certain times.  He stated you do not have to walk around with your mask on in general around the ship. I don't really know what to expect.  I would rather just walk around with it off and then put it on when needed but I don't want to get dirty looks if people think I am breaking the rules by doing that. 

Thank you, Fredric22 - Exactly why I was asking an existing cruiser.  Wanted to hear from a first hand witness!  Yes - thank you to ILoveCatsandCruises for posting - VERY helpful, as I think this will confirm our decision to cancel. There are plenty of cruisers who will be willing to fill our cabin I'm sure, as there seems to be a number of them who enjoy wearing a mask.  Not us.  We're tired of being held responsible for the decisions of others, but I'll stop there on that subject.  In general, we spend most of the daytime hours inside, so we would be masked up quite a bit it sounds like. And I expect the outside areas will be even more packed now as a result of these protocols with cruisers in search of relief and fresh air, which I don't blame them.  We'll be continuing with land vacations.  

• Like 4

Back to the original subject. Does anyone know how many have tested positive on the Vista? Do we have anyone onboard who can report? I bet we see considerable changes again in the coming weeks. RC seems to have the best process right now in my opinion, but can Carnival do the same? Require insurance, test everyone at check in and board once you have the results. I would even be fine with everyone just staying on the ship for the entirety of the cruise, but I know many cruise for the ports and would not like this.    

Back to the original subject. Does anyone know how many have tested positive on the Vista? Do we have anyone onboard who can report? I bet we see considerable changes again in the coming weeks. RC seems to have the best process right now in my opinion, but can Carnival do the same? Require insurance, test everyone at check in and board once you have the results. I would even be fine with everyone just staying on the ship for the entirety of the cruise, but I know many cruise for the ports and would not like this.    

10 hours ago, SCBarker said:

Every time I hear someone saying they will wait to cruise when it gets back to how it used to be, all I can think about is all the people that have been waiting to fly again since 2001...you know...because they're waiting for it to go back to how it used to be.

You are correct IMO - cruising will never quite be the same as it was pre-CV.  We would just like to sail w/o wearing a mask while on board. And to your point, a number of people are "waiting for the virus to go away"....... to them I say "have fun with that".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I am not saying this is not true, but how do we know it to be true. Yes there are many reports saying it is so, but I am 50 now and I have been lied to so many times by the government and the media at this point that nothing but personal evidence works anymore and there is no personal evidence to be had. The only thing I am reasonably sure of the vaccine at this point is that it does not do immediate damage in the majority of people who take it. If you think that they would not release something that would hurt you long term, please look at the history of new pharmaceuticals. Big Pharma has many times released a drug they knew was hurting or even killing people with no benefit and sold it continually for years.  

I already had Covid and it was not even a blip on the radar, yearly blood work and the request that I be tested is the only reason I know I even have the antibodies. So what benefit is the vaccine to me? To reduce my symptoms if I get it even though I had no symptoms to begin with? To keep others from catching it which appears to be false now as so many breakthrough cases are happening and transmission between vaccinated people appears to be occurring with delta. 

Vaccines in general.  Nothing is 100%.  Medicine is based on what usually happens in similar situations.  NOTHING is 100 %.  I will go by the standards. ( retired nurse- 37 years)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, florida eagle said:

When paying for something, all people have a right to be treated well. From flying to cruising.

True but this is becoming the standard everywhere.  ANd it's the CDC's rules to operate.  I don't see how this is being "treated badly".  The changes are not fun, but it is what it is.  Those that it bothers that much, perhaps try and find another type of vacation?  I just recently returned form a Bermuda cruise and the standards were much stricter.  It really was not that bad.  We had a great time!

3 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

You are correct IMO - cruising will never quite be the same as it was pre-CV.  We would just like to sail w/o wearing a mask while on board. And to your point, a number of people are "waiting for the virus to go away"....... to them I say "have fun with that".  

Exactly.  I am fine with covid testing and am vaccinated, I just don't want to cruise while masks are required everywhere when I can vacation in other ways.  It's been long enough that I have accepted to waiting it out.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, bdever said:

Ugh 😣 Panorama is orange and it’s crew only. 

This probably has more to do with new Crew coming onboard and in their quarantine period than actual cases.

• Like 4

On 8/5/2021 at 10:03 AM, asalligo said:

Happy to see Carnival requiring tests for all. People are placing far too much confidence in the vaccine. The statement below is sad. Carnival should be at Washy Washy Defcon 1. We cruised on the last cruise in 2020 on the Liberty and I felt very safe due to the requirement of everyone entering any dining venue to use the sanitizer. It was not an option, you simply did not pass them without using it and this goes much farther to prevent this disease than any vaccine. Wash your hands every time you touch anything and do not touch your face. 

There was no active encouragement of hand washing or sanitizer use.  A few machines hear and there but no workers encouraging the use.  

I have 2 similar recollections. On our Majesty of the Seas cruise  (March 7-14, 2020)  I recall crew standing outside each restaurant ensuring that everyone took a squirt of sanitizer and a few were singing the “Washy Washy” song. During our July 17-24, 2021 cruise on the Carnival Vista, I was a little surprised that there were no crew offering sanitizer in the venues. Hubby and I made a point of using not only sanitizer, but also those cool “ hand washing “ machines that were outside the buffet area on the Lido deck  (and he joked that we should have one installed in our home.)  I probably went a bit overboard, but I tried to squirt some sanitizer in my hands whenever  I handled the utensils in the buffet line. Then again, maybe not! Anyway, yesterday, our FB group postings for that cruise included one in which people were reporting if they had tested positive or negative or even were symptomatic. So far, only 1 positive, but she is ok. 

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

On my last cruise in July there were some very very elderly people on the ship. At first I was a bit surprised to see them going out and taking the risk.  And then I remembered, they have been isolated at home for the last 18 months during what may be some of their last years.  They are ready to live their life and enjoy what they have left.  For those thinking it's fine to just put life on hold for 3 years, please think of it from another perspective.  

Your opinion has merit but i’m concerned about the safety of my family no matter how long it takes 

Back on topic, I heard about some details in a YouTube video about this outbreak from a cruising vlogger named Island Time.  He apparently has friends/connections on the ship.  They are:

• Five people on the Vista initially tested positive - four passengers and one crew
  • No new cases as of Friday morning
  • Masking rules are enforced by security(!)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1