COVID TESTS AT WALGREENS

ROYALBOY

23 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

Does Celebrity accept that third one?  It is sold at Sams Club? That would be great if they do as we can buy them and take them to Fort Lauderdale and take them!

Celebrity accepts Antigen tests performed by an accredited lab. They do not accept home tests, and the wording doesn't have any room for home sampling/lab run tests. So in that case, it's not the test, it's how the specimen is collected and who runs the test. Which is a long way of saying they're wording says no.

Are results for a Covid-19 test from a home testing kit accepted?

At this time, we are not accepting results from home testing kits.  

I am tested 2x per week because I work in healthcare. The results come back through an app  called “Healthy Together and the results have a seal that says State of Florida. The result just lists my name, DOB, date of test and that it’s a PCR test and the result. Is this enough information to board? I know when I went through CVS the email looked different. 

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Celebrity does not accept at home tests of any kind

Ok, I was hoping they did as this is an expensive add on  for cruisers! Our cruise isn't till December and I'm hoping the test will end by then! Wishing thinking on my part!

On 8/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, markeb said:

Those are the tests that Walgreen's offers, not necessarily what's available. If you click on the box beside Rapid Antigen, you probably won't see any availability. Last time I searched out of curiosity, the closest locations to Fort Lauderdale that offered appointments for Rapid Antigen were in Virginia.

Your right!  I tried booking a test for our August 21st sailing & there were no rapid antigen testing available in the state of Massachusetts.   I would have to go to RI in order to get one.  CVS has rapid result antigen test in most of their sites.  Plus it’s easier to book an Appt with the CVS app then Walgreens.

Just FYI since it came up about the type of test used by Covid Clinic and if they were accredited and using FDA tests - this is from their website. Also I don't work for them or get anything from them. I was just happy with their service when I used them for travel previously and have scheduled our tests for September with them. They have locations around the US which may help others. 🙂 

image.thumb.png.4f25e27542ef565a51b6728983c80050.png

On 8/5/2021 at 9:36 AM, atexsix said:

That's what happened to me, lol, I was hoping someone that was sailing sooner than we were would know. 

I'm having no luck with Walmart pharmacies, despite having gotten both my vaccine shots there. 

You can just do a dummy appointment search.    Just fill out the info.

In my case -  I live in Sunnyvale, CA about 35 miles south of San Francisco.    For most test they only have schedules 2 day out.  

For Rapid ID Now there are no appointments available anywhere -  They show closest without appointments Oakland or Reno, Nevada (250 miles away).

For PCR-  They only show 2 days out and only one site has appointments available in  San Jose - None in San Francisco or Oakland

For the Rapid Antigen -   2 days out but the only places listed are in Vancouver, Washington -  675 miles away --- Thanks for your useless information Walgreens.

• 4 weeks later...

We got the Walgreen antigen test yesterday and got our emailed results in about 90 minutes.  And they were negative.  On to the Millennium  Friday to Alaska.  "North to Alaska"....hey, you could write a song about that.  Had a B2B in January of 2020 so now we are soooooo ready.

Edited by earlydiner

On 8/5/2021 at 3:08 PM, graphicguy said:

Walgreens books 3 days out, as previously mentioned.  CVS allows you to book 2 weeks out.

PCR is the most accurate.  I've had 4 PCR tests so far.  Received results back in less than 24 hours.  But, I'm in OH, which probably doesn't have the same demand as FL which is now raging out of control and demand is high!  So, for those traveling to embark/disembark from FL, pre-book your tests as far ahead as possible.

These are the CVS tests....(from their WEB site).....

Molecular lab test (PCR/NAAT)

The most accurate test available.

Results typically take 1-2 days.Link, go to disclaimer for details2

Test performed in drive-thru lane.

Required for most travel.

Rapid-result test

Reliable for people who are recently infected or with symptoms.

Results within hours.

Not accepted for all purposes, so be sure to check with venue, destination or airline.

Did you try to schedule with CVS at all? Every time I try, for every appointment day at every location I get "no appointments available at this time"

51 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Did you try to schedule with CVS at all? Every time I try, for every appointment day at every location I get "no appointments available at this time"

I’m in Liberty Twnshp.  So, my Walgreens and CVS may be different than where you are located.  I had no issues getting appointments at CVS.  Walgreens wouldn’t let me book any further than 3 days out.  CVS had PCR (which returned results in less than 24 hours).  Walgreens had PCR and Antigen.  I don’t know what their turnaround was, given I never used them.

Mostly, I use my GP for testing.  The PCR turnaround there is roughly 12 hours, depending on when I had the test done.  If I have a PCR test done around 6:00 p.m., right before the office closes, I have results by the next morning at 8:00 a.m.  If I have the text done at 8:00 a.m., I usually have results by 6:00 p.m. the same day.

My Dr’s practice is Tri-Health.

But, I’ve seen some reports which differ wildly from that depending on geographic location.  I have heard both FL, TX and WA were way backed up.  But, they are also “hotbed” centers for COVID infections, too.

Edited by graphicguy

I took a PCR test at CVS yesterday morning at 10:00. Will report back how long it takes to get my results. The last test I got was a PCR test at Walgreens and it took exactly 48 hours for results. Acutally, 48 hours and one minute. I took my test at 4:15 on a Wednesday afternoon and got my results at 4:16 on Friday.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I’m in Liberty Twnshp.  So, my Walgreens and CVS may be different than where you are located.  I had no issues getting appointments at CVS.  Walgreens wouldn’t let me book any further than 3 days out.  CVS had PCR (which returned results in less than 24 hours).  Walgreens had PCR and Antigen.  I don’t know what their turnaround was, given I never used them.

Mostly, I use my GP for testing.  The PCR turnaround there is roughly 12 hours, depending on when I had the test done.  If I have a PCR test done around 6:00 p.m., right before the office closes, I have results by the next morning at 8:00 a.m.  If I have the text done at 8:00 a.m., I usually have results by 6:00 p.m. the same day.

My Dr’s practice is Tri-Health.

But, I’ve seen some reports which differ wildly from that depending on geographic location.  I have heard both FL, TX and WA were way backed up.  But, they are also “hotbed” centers for COVID infections, too.

I’m willing to drive as far up as Dayton, but the ones in the Middletown/Hamilton are showing the same thing. ‘No available appointment’ for all dates. I tried my doctor but we have to get tested on a Saturday due to our flight dates and they aren’t open. I believe Walgreens will work out or else there’s this health collaborative Thing I’m looking at. But confused as to why there’s no cvs appointments available to me.

The NAAT test (ID NOW) is not accepted to get on the ship. NAAT and Antigen are acceptable to gain entry to the US. To board the ship the cruise line specifically requires PCR or Antigen. 

Check again Celebrity is accepting NAAT test.  Walgreens IDNOW  is NAAT and is accepted to get on the ship.

Edited by robinsra

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I’m willing to drive as far up as Dayton, but the ones in the Middletown/Hamilton are showing the same thing. ‘No available appointment’ for all dates. I tried my doctor but we have to get tested on a Saturday due to our flight dates and they aren’t open. I believe Walgreens will work out or else there’s this health collaborative Thing I’m looking at. But confused as to why there’s no cvs appointments available to me.

Hmmmm...just did a quick look and it looks like CVS in West Chester (closest to me), Springdale, Sharonville, Hamilton sites all have testing slots open. Saw another one on SR 127 that used to do it, doesn't anymore.  But, that was the only one. Didn't look at Walgreens.  When are you sailing again?

Saw CVS openings for tomorrow here....

Hamilton Avenue Cincinnati Covid - 19 Testing Site,

7700 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45231

and here....

Hauck Road Sharonville Covid - 19 Testing Site,

4000 Hauck Road, Sharonville, OH 45241

Edited by graphicguy

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmm...just did a quick look and it looks like CVS in West Chester (closest to me), Springdale, Sharonville, Hamilton sites all have testing slots open. Saw another one on SR 127 that used to do it, doesn't anymore.  But, that was the only one. Didn't look at Walgreens.  When are you sailing again?

Saw CVS openings for tomorrow here....

Hamilton Avenue Cincinnati Covid - 19 Testing Site,

7700 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45231

and here....

Thanks for the info. Think I found the problem. It works on my phone but not my work computer. The firewall must have stopped appointments from showing.

Edited by sanger727

That is crazy...this is what I'm getting....maybe call them?

Test type: Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

Accepted for most travel and recreational purposes

Drive-thru test (vehicle required)

Results within 1-2 days

Available times on Fri., 9/03
03:30 PM03:40 PM04:20 PM04:40 PM04:50 PM

Hamilton Avenue Colerain Covid - 19 Testing Site,

11611 Hamilton Avenue, Colerain, OH 45231

Results within 1-2 days

12:20 PM12:40 PM01:00 PM01:10 PM02:40 PM02:50 PM03:10 PM03:20 PM03:30 PM03:40 PM03:50 PM04:00 PM04:10 PM04:20 PM

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That is crazy...this is what I'm getting....maybe call them?

Results within 1-2 days

03:30 PM03:40 PM04:20 PM04:40 PM04:50 PM

Hamilton Avenue Colerain Covid - 19 Testing Site,

11611 Hamilton Avenue, Colerain, OH 45231

Results within 1-2 days

12:20 PM12:40 PM01:00 PM01:10 PM02:40 PM02:50 PM03:10 PM03:20 PM03:30 PM03:40 PM03:50 PM04:00 PM04:10 PM04:20 PM

thx. Think my work computers firewall was the problem. Getting appointment times when I search on my phone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I took a PCR test at CVS yesterday morning at 10:00. Will report back how long it takes to get my results. The last test I got was a PCR test at Walgreens and it took exactly 48 hours for results. Acutally, 48 hours and one minute. I took my test at 4:15 on a Wednesday afternoon and got my results at 4:16 on Friday.

My husband just got the results of his COVID test from yesterday morning. We both took PCR tests at CVS in advance of our trip to Toronto tomorrow. We took them at two separate CVS locations in the Rochester, NY area. His test was at 10:00am yesterday (Wednesday) and he received his results at 3:00pm today (Thursday). So that is a 29 hour turnaround. I took my test at 10:10am at a different CVS location and have not received my results yet. Will report back when I do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

My husband just got the results of his COVID test from yesterday morning. We both took PCR tests at CVS in advance of our trip to Toronto tomorrow. We took them at two separate CVS locations in the Rochester, NY area. His test was at 10:00am yesterday (Wednesday) and he received his results at 3:00pm today (Thursday). So that is a 29 hour turnaround. I took my test at 10:10am at a different CVS location and have not received my results yet. Will report back when I do.

I have now received my results as well. My test was at 10:10am yesterday (Wednesday) and results were received today (Thursday) at 4:12pm, so roughly 30 hours.

• Like 1