The Daily for Saturday August 07, 2021

richwmn

18 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Do you shIp to the US??

LOL 😆 😂 

Freezer jam wouldn’t make it and I believe food stuffs are not permitted from Canada to the U.S..   

The blueberry/strawberry jam is pretty awesome though.  Better than the raspberry IMO.  I improvised last year 😉 

I stopped making this stuff years ago.  But thanks to covid, I’m back into it.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL 😆 😂 

Freezer jam wouldn’t make it and I believe food stuffs are not permitted from Canada to the U.S..   

The blueberry/strawberry jam is pretty awesome though.  Better than the raspberry IMO.  I improvised last year 😉 

Allen's mom (rip) canned all the time. When I told her I had never canned before, she told me "Oh honey, I'm sorry.. bless your heart"

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL 😆 😂 

So I have to say that I've never really frequented "The Daily" before, but found myself here today and my eyes and ears perked up at all the photos (awesome, everyone) AND at the topic of canning. Happy canner here, although our garden has been absolutely awful this year (that happens when the temps are in the 120's, ugh). Last year, a lot of small batch salsas with fresh tomatoes and peppers, this year maybe 2-3 BLT's TOTAL with fresh tomatoes. The single basil plant has been good, though, and I've made a couple of batches of freezer pesto to brighten up our winter meals. 

Best wishes to all, and thanks for the break from the covid testing madhouse (we depart on the NA 2 weeks from today!).

• Like 21

So happy for those who are now cruising.  Bon Voyage to you all.

Started off here with sunshine and blue sky.  Fog has arrived and it is cooling down.  Was suppose to rain but that hasn't happened yet.

I love campfires.  But not allowed here either.  Not a beer drinker.  But have been to Glacier bay.  Enjoying all the photos.

I made a huge batch of applesauce yesterday.  Enjoyed it warm with ice cream last night.  Today was applesauce bread.  Never made that before. Turned out surprisingly good.  Need to get some cream cheese to spread on it.  

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.  Stay well and safe.  We are back to wearing masks most places.

Thanks to everyone who posts and Rich and Roy for their dedication with their lists.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

OMG!! That was YOU??? After all these years I finally found you, you scoundrel! BTW, is Prince Albert still in the can;)

What--you didn't let him out???  And I'm here in Texas. . . .beware of the next prank call. . .

Edited by 12cruise2
word
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

So I have to say that I've never really frequented "The Daily" before, but found myself here today and my eyes and ears perked up at all the photos (awesome, everyone) AND at the topic of canning. Happy canner here, although our garden has been absolutely awful this year (that happens when the temps are in the 120's, ugh). Last year, a lot of small batch salsas with fresh tomatoes and peppers, this year maybe 2-3 BLT's TOTAL with fresh tomatoes. The single basil plant has been good, though, and I've made a couple of batches of freezer pesto to brighten up our winter meals. 

Best wishes to all, and thanks for the break from the covid testing madhouse (we depart on the NA 2 weeks from today!).

Welcome!  Come back and visit again.  We have quite the varied discussions here.🤗

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

Good to see your post.  Yes to getting away from testing, testing and more testing.

I'm jealous of your basil.  Something went seriously wrong with mine this year and I never could figure it out.  Some new bug or something.  Finally just pulled it out.

It's wonderful to see on the Daily the gardens from cooler climes.  We travel far from home to get a look at gardens like that.  It's so hot now, even my bougainvillea is sad.

Yum to the pesto.  Yum to the small batch salsa, too!   Next year...

• Like 14

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

I love campfires -- I'm thinking s'mores and Girl Scout campfire stew. But I never figured out why I was always in the direction of the smoke, no matter where I sat! LOL!

I was a GSUSA leader for 20  years. The saying I always heard was "Smoke follows beauty!"

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruiseMGM said:

Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

This is a fun thread where we care and celebrate and dream of cruising again.  

Good luck with your covid testing and Bon Voyage!!!  See you next year 🤞 on board.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We get regular scam phone calls and texts in England  but this scam call you received was absolutely disgusting.

We get the usual scam calls all the time. When I saw it was a private number, I was expecting a recording telling me that my Visa Card, Social Insurance Number, etc. had been used for illegal activities. A live person sobbing in distress sounding somewhat like DD but indistinct saying they were injured in a car crash and arrested was not what I was prepared for!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CruiseMGM said:

Welcome to the Daily.  It is the friendliest place on CC.  We celebrate 🍾 everyone's good news  and support our fellow Dailyites when necessary.  In the meantime, we have wide ranging discussions, answer questions and share "wisdom".

Don't be a stranger. Come back and get to know us.

Lenda

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Kay S said:

This group is so informative.  We are primarily Princess cruisers, but looking forward eagerly to our second HAL cruise in November.  Our first was just before the big shutdown, and we had one cancelled for this past spring.  It turns out that HAL suits us very well.  Princess has been drifting more and more toward a mega-cruise party, and we were missing many of the comforts of traditional cruising.  

Welcome to the Daily family!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

When I went to post a picture today (PC) I was surprised to see the + sign was gone, which is how I usually would add a picture to a post, once I'd uploaded them. Today I had to put the curser down where the name of the picture is, and then insert magically appears! It's invisible if the cursor isn't in the right place.

How terrible on that scam call!

On my iPhone “insert” is visible but it looks different. I haven’t tried adding a picture from my PC yet. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kay S said:

This group is so informative.  We are primarily Princess cruisers, but looking forward eagerly to our second HAL cruise in November.  Our first was just before the big shutdown, and we had one cancelled for this past spring.  It turns out that HAL suits us very well.  Princess has been drifting more and more toward a mega-cruise party, and we were missing many of the comforts of traditional cruising.  

Welcome to the clan, Kay S!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kazu said:

And my market had wild blueberries today.  So some in jam, some frozen, for later.  They freeze well.

Yes blueberries freeze very well. I try to keep some for blueberry cobbler when we have family over. I made it today in fact. 

• Like 4