Live(?) 7-day Equinox August 8, 2021

Jazzbo

Like others I sure appreciate the Blu menus!  Are the special drinks in Blu included with the prem. drink package they look delish. 🙂 

Enjoy your cruise, we sail in March on The Apex and you have convinced me we need to drive down a day early and not have the stress of a 4 hr drive from Central FL..

1 minute ago, FunCruiser56 said:

Like others I sure appreciate the Blu menus!  Are the special drinks in Blu included with the prem. drink package they look delish. 🙂 

Enjoy your cruise, we sail in March on The Apex and you have convinced me we need to drive down a day early and not have the stress of a 4 hr drive from Central FL..

Yes, the Blu cocktails are included in the premium package, and it is definitely a good idea to drive down the day before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

I get why they canceled but if they tested everyone was it necessary?  I suppose they weren't sure they tested all possible contacts?  Better safe than sorry?

i believe that Equinox is using tracelets and it reports anyone that has been within 6 feet which is considered the infectious zone.     Probably a real small subset of PAX

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

i believe that Equinox is using tracelets and it reports anyone that has been within 6 feet which is considered the infectious zone.     Probably a real small subset of PAX

Correct, so they only tested close contacts.

On the other hand, Celebrity emails and the healthy at sea website said everyone would be required to be tested before stopping in St. Thomas and Sint Maarten, but that isn't happening. In St. Thomas now, and SMX tomorrow, and no testing.

30 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Z is at Cafe al Bacio at the moment, so I just told her you said hello. She was thrilled and asked me to say hello to you. She asked if I know you, and I told her only online. 😊

You don't even know how happy this makes me. She is the best!

We are doing a b2b - last week we had the surf package…and about all I could do was send and receive email.  I upgraded to stream this week, and I am much happier. With my elite discount it was $98 for the week.

Edited by Margarita Jane
Punctuation

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Six feet, yes, but also for 10 or more seconds. Walking by someone in the hallway won't register.

• Like 1

Thank you for this live thread. We are boarding the 8/15 sailing for our honeymoon and are soooooooo excited! Also doing aqua class for the first time so very interested in that specific experience for you.

How full is the ship? And specifically are there crowds at the pools or lines at Blu for dinner? I've never had a wait at Luminae, but not sure what the differential in number of passengers is between the classes.

36 minutes ago, TribeHokie said:

How full is the ship? And specifically are there crowds at the pools or lines at Blu for dinner? I've never had a wait at Luminae, but not sure what the differential in number of passengers is between the classes.

I’ve a couple of crew that, but they don’t know. I’ll have to ask an officer. It feels like it’s about half full. No crowds at the pool or lines for dinner.

B96E1BD1-75BC-4582-9597-587158FE84FD.jpeg

Edited by Jazzbo
Photo on wrong post.

So the Turkish Grand Bazaar is a gorgeous shop in St. Thomas. Good prices on Turkish rugs ($200 to about $800 for large ones). They also have ceramics and gorgeous glass lights/chandeliers. You can kind of see the lights through the door in the previous post.

Edited by Jazzbo
Wrong name

40 minutes ago, TribeHokie said:

I also like to know about the crowds at the pools.   I enjoy the crowds at the pool.

11 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

So the Turkish Grand Bazaar is a gorgeous shop in St. Thomas. Good prices on Turkish rugs ($200 to about $800 for large ones). They also have ceramics and gorgeous glass lights/chandeliers. You can kind of see the lights through the door in the previous post.

I have not bought rugs for 20 years.  Have you bought any recently?  Do these prices compare to what you might see in Turkey?

2 hours ago, keesar said:

How many times are you going to ask the same question?  

I did not see this thread until AFTER I started a thread with the question.  Sorry to be repetitive.  Not my intention to offend anyone. 

Several people quoted my question.  I only asked it once on this thread.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I did not see this thread until AFTER I started a thread with the question.  Sorry to be repetitive.  Not my intention to offend anyone. 

By the way --- yes to your questions about the same time as before

Today is our 37th anniversary. We got the  ring on top at Dynasty Dazzlers downtown at a great price. We are booked into Murano tonight.image.thumb.jpg.4863a2a2dc7691a949b43a6b4dbceb12.jpg

Every place we went into, people were so happy that cruise ships are back. Someone told me that 2 other ships are supposed to be in St. Thomas this week.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Today is our 37th anniversary. We got the  ring on top at Dynasty Dazzlers downtown at a great price. We are booked into Murano tonight.image.thumb.jpg.4863a2a2dc7691a949b43a6b4dbceb12.jpg

Every place we went into, people were so happy that cruise ships are back. Someone told me that 2 other ships are supposed to be in St. Thomas this week.

Congrats.  We'll be on Equinox for our 45th on 9/4 and were talking about going to Murano for it.  Please let us know your impressions.

Edited by cltnccruisers

Hi,

Hope you all are having a fantastic cruise!  We are on the 8/27 cruise.  Can any of you confirm that your CVS rapid Antigen test was accepted at the port? I’m so paranoid about this.  I just scheduled the PCR test for

4:00 on 8/24.  We fly from Ca on 8/26. 
im debating on signing up for Rapid

Antigen test as well. The word Rapid worries me. It would be a relief to know that your CVS Rapid Antigen test was accepted at the port?  Thank you in advance!

52 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Quite a dazzling combo...wear it in good health.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

Congratulations!!!  We are at 30 ourselves.