Rapid test taken Urgent Care Facility

TACMS

I know CVS, Walgreens and certain labs can be used for testing prior to sailing.  IS an Antigen Rapid test from an urgent care provider acceptable for sailing?  (Within 3 days prior to sailing)   Thanks in advance….

All volunteers participating in this event will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation

Any FDA-approved test, Antigen or NAAT (RT-PCR is a type of NAAT test), is acceptable for Royal Caribbean now.

Where Do I Take A RT-PCR Test And Submit The Results Before Cruising? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

The only requirement is that it must be supervised, meaning it cannot be self-administered unless there's someone monitoring the sample being taken such as over a video call.

23 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

All volunteers participating in this event will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation

Are they on a test cruise? On ours we didn’t have to take one, or have things changed?

1 hour ago, bilyclub said:

32 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Things have changed. Testing also required for vaccinated pax now.

I know that passengers have to be tested regardless of vaccination status. Bilyclub mentioned volunteers and the only volunteers I am aware of are the ones on the test cruises. For the test cruise I was on we didn’t have to have a test before we showed up.

Edited by ReneeFLL

18 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'd call Royal just to be sure.  You could be getting thousands of different answers by posting on a forum like this, and I'd hate to travel all the way to the terminal with what I thought was proof of a negative test only to find out that it's not acceptable.

I called Royal yesterday to ask some questions about what test is excepted. The woman I talked to on the phone was totally clueless. Who can we trust? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TACMS said:

I know CVS, Walgreens and certain labs can be used for testing prior to sailing.  IS an Antigen Rapid test from an urgent care provider acceptable for sailing?  (Within 3 days prior to sailing)   Thanks in advance….

They will accept PCR or antigen for Florida, but I don’t know about other states. I wanted to book a last minute cruise for the 16th of this month. Decided to since hubby has those 4 days off. It just happened the way he bid for his schedule, so it wasn’t planned. That’s why it would be very last minute. Not going to happen because CVS, Walgreens and other places I tried were booked up of about 2 weeks.  Now if Royal was allowing the tests to be taken 4 days before it would work out for us. So schedule your test ASAP.

18 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Are they on a test cruise? On ours we didn’t have to take one, or have things changed?

Oh your sailing was so long ago...LOL!   They weren't needed then.   I think it was August 12th is when it went into effect for all sailings no matter how many nights the cruise is

The people doing the test cruise on mariner for 2 days that just left Port Canaveral today had to get tested too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

They will accept PCR or antigen for Florida, but I don’t know about other states. I wanted to book a last minute cruise for the 16th of this month. Decided to since hubby has those 4 days off. It just happened the way he bid for his schedule, so it wasn’t planned. That’s why it would be very last minute. Not going to happen because CVS, Walgreens and other places I tried were booked up of about 2 weeks.  Now if Royal was allowing the tests to be taken 4 days before it would work out for us. So schedule your test ASAP.

I emailed Michael Bayley requesting he give us 4 or 5 days to get test (Disney gives five but only accepts PCR tests).  Email him….

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I wish they gave more time.  We are going to an urgi care that doesn’t require an appointment.

I emailed Michael Bayley requesting he give us 4 or 5 days to get testing done.   (Disney gives five but only accepts PCR tests).  Email him….who knows, if enough people request more time…🤷‍♀️

17 hours ago, TACMS said:

I emailed Michael Bayley requesting he give us 4 or 5 days to get test (Disney gives five but only accepts PCR tests).  Email him….

Does he even know?   He posted on Facebook himself that testing on Tuesday is good for a Friday cruise. Thursday for a Sunday departure etc  but two different CSRs at Royal are saying it has to be taken Wednesday, Thursday or Friday for a Friday sailing 🙄    they need to stop playing with peoples emotions and just test at the port if they are gonna require one.  Im so over all this.   

Edited by ryano

2 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

They have a rapid antigen test and also a rapid diagnostic. Was curious if the diagnostic was acceptable? I don't really know the difference. 

From my understanding, any test that comes from a licensed testing facility such as CVS or Walgreens will be accepted EXCEPT the one that checks for COVID antibodies from previous COVID infection 

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

They have a rapid antigen test and also a rapid diagnostic. Was curious if the diagnostic was acceptable? I don't really know the difference. 

The ID NOW one is the one Walgreens give and yes it's accepted.  It's on that extensive list posted here somewhere

3 minutes ago, ryano said:

From my understanding, any test that comes from a licensed testing facility such as CVS or Walgreens will be accepted EXCEPT the one that checks for COVID antibodies from previous COVID infection 

So it looks like Walgreens rapid diagnostic test is rapid molecular test.

18 hours ago, TACMS said:

I agree with you, when I got my cataract operation done, I needed a C-19 test done within 5 days of the operation.  Needed to quarantine until visit for surgery.  Maybe, RCL is afraid that Paxs would not adhere to quarantining.

Also, I would think that RCL would advise as to type of testing required.

Edited by nelblu

This from Matt's Royal Caribbean Blog August 9: 

The cruise line has updated the test requirement policy on its website to say it would allow home/self-tests if there is documentation can be provided from a medical professional that they were supervised.

With this change, the at-home tests that are done in a video conference with a medical professional are acceptable. These tests can be completed in 15-minutes and do not require finding an appointment at a nearby testing center.