Will Anthem's Start Up on Nov. 7th Now Be Delayed?

Wonder if this will have any effect on the Anthem's return to the USA sailing on November 7th. She's not leaving Southampton until Oct 25th.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/10/cdc-rule-prohibits-cruise-ships-based-outside-of-united-states-returning-14-days?fbclid=IwAR1ZosVV2mgyxqI-QG82tN4VsNHsGt22wqau9i-R8e9VarbhnMxanRJW9ho 

Actually she's not leaving until Oct 30th.  

The 10 day TA was changed to Oct 20-25 and Oct 25-30 British Isles cruises.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/5-night-british-isles-from-southampton-on-anthem/AN05STH-2221537392?sail-date=2021-10-25&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=10%2F31%2F2021&dates_minDate=10%2F01%2F2021&ecid=sl_mdt_shrdln__4645

So leaving on Oct 30 only allows 8 days for a no passenger TA if they were to sail from CL on Nov 7.  That is definitely doable (I've been on Quantum/Anthem 8 day TAs). 

But, if the CDC 14 day rule is still in effect, they'll either need to cancel the Nov 7 sailing or cancel the 5 night British Isles sailings.  My bet is they'll cancel the Nov 7 sailing, giving them 15 days with no passengers.

Edited by Another_Critic

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, she will reposition without passengers.

Even if she left Oct 25, that only allows 13 days without passengers.  There's going to be disappointment someplace; either in the UK, the US, or both.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

Its a bit of a cliff hanger for us.  We have to make final payment for the 1/31/22 sailing on 11/2/21.  I will go ahead and make the payment IF Anthem has arrived in Bayonne  AND if the CDC does not extend their order on 10/31.  This is our home port.  We have a refundable deposit and no airfare or hotel obligations.  If we cannot be sure about protocols regarding masking and/or ship sponsored excursions we will cancel.  I only booked it because we have so much flexibility.

Edited by Travelling2Some

31 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

The article mentions this is due to the Conditional Sail Order.   This expires October 31st.   November 7th is after October 31st.

And you don't think it's possible they wait till Oct 31 to extend. I don't see the CSO completely going away anytime soon.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bajathree said:

And you don't think it's possible they wait till Oct 31 to extend. I don't see the CSO completely going away anytime soon.

Well, then this would be the least of their worries, since then Anthem would also require a test sailing. 

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I don't think they need a test sailing....think just 14 days with no passengers.

If the CSO stays in effect after Oct 31st, then they need 14 days with no passengers *and* a test sailing.  From Bayonne NJ.  Which takes a week, because they need to go down to Coco Cay.  So they will need to cancel not 2 cruises, but 4 cruises.

If the CSO expires on Oct 31st, then they don't need to worry about the 14 days of no passengers or the test cruise.

I guess it's possible that the CDC comes up with something else for cruises after November 1st, but who knows what the rules would be.

14 hours ago, karl_nj said:

The article mentions this is due to the Conditional Sail Order.   This expires October 31st.   November 7th is after October 31st.

There is a possibility that it could be extended and or modified.  I wouldn't bet my last dime on that date especially since Florida seems to be heading in the wrong direction with increased cases.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

I've been wondering the same; Anthem hasn't sailed from the US post-COVID and technically would still need a test sailing for approval, though at the same time, the Conditional Sailing Order hasn't yet been extended or altered past October 31, 2021, so there's no sign of anything specific for them to have to do yet, so they're in a limbo of sorts until any of that changes. Some specific statement of intent from the CDC or other authorities with regard to what is planned beginning November 1, 2021, is what we're all waiting for, I'm sure. Then worst case would be the first two or three still-scheduled sailing being canceled to provide for a 14-day quarantine of the crew and time for what'd likely be a 6-night test sailing, and perhaps a cushion of a week after that before revenue cruises would begin.

I don't think anyone seriously believes the Conditional Sailing Order will simply end without some sort of replacement on October 31, 2021.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, dswallow said:

I don't think anyone seriously believes the Conditional Sailing Order will simply end without some sort of replacement on October 31, 2021.

But what will the replacement look like?  Keep in mind the CSO is about a year old — before we had vaccines available. It’s written from the  point of view that nobody on the ship would be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2VaCruzers said:

I’m on Anthem’s November 7th sailing.  So far, it’s still a go and we have already completed check in and received our setsail.  

That's great....a good sign.  Question...does Anthem show for you on the app?  We have it booked for December.  I can view details of my other cruises but for Anthem, it doesn't open and just says "we're working on the fun".

• Like 1

DW and I are also on the November 7th sailing.  We have completed check-in

and were able to change our boarding time from 3 PM to  1 PM.  I see this as a positive development. We are also booked on the Christmas Eve sailing as well as 1/20/22.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

That's great....a good sign.  Question...does Anthem show for you on the app?  We have it booked for December.  I can view details of my other cruises but for Anthem, it doesn't open and just says "we're working on the fun".

Yes, I did my entire check in on the app.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trailcon said:

DW and I are also on the November 7th sailing.  We have completed check-in

and were able to change our boarding time from 3 PM to  1 PM.  I see this as a positive development. We are also booked on the Christmas Eve sailing as well as 1/20/22.

I was able to get the same time as well.  All my 44 cruises have been with my husband, but this time I’m traveling with my almost 40 year old daughter.  Sort of an early birthday present to her.  We’re driving up from Virginia that morning.  I’m glad you were able to switch your check in time. 

6 hours ago, LuCruise said:

We are on the Dec. 12 Anthem sailing and it says same as you with working on the fun. Not sure which one you are on, but I was wondering if ours isn't showing as is 12 nights and maybe that gets chopped or something if CSO gets extended?

Our March Symphony cruise shows up with everything. Technically, I have completed the e-muster and just need to visit the assembly station.😜

Edited by OACAggie

3 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

I was wondering if ours isn't showing as it is 12 nights and maybe that gets chopped or something if CSO gets extended?

I believe the issue with sailings over 7 days has been fixed, but, Anthem needs to pass a few hurdles before she can sail in the US. RCI may not fix any of the app issues till that happens.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

We are on the Dec. 12 Anthem sailing and it says same as you with working on the fun. Not sure which one you are on, but I was wondering if ours isn't showing as is 12 nights and maybe that gets chopped or something if CSO gets extended?

Our March Symphony cruise shows up with everything. Technically, I have completed the e-muster and just need to visit the assembly station.😜

We must be on the one right after you leaving on the 24th...It's a 7 night Bahamas cruise so looks like it's not the cruise length.  Seems to be the ship as we also have Anthem booked for March 2022 and also cannot view it....but we can view Oasis sailing for 2022.  The poster above said hers is working so guess just the further out ones.

Lol...you are well prepared for your Marcy cruise.

• Like 1