For those who have participated in a bid-for-upgrade involving YC (successfully or not) how was your timeline and outcome?

no1talks

16 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Wow.  I wish that I had the opportunity.  I booked 2 adjoining fantastica Balcony cabins for DH and myself due to the no single supplement promo, but now if we want to bid to upgrade we have to bid for DOUBLE occupancy, but only one person can upgrade.  Lesson learned.  

Yes but if you win, you cancel your extra balcony room using the Covid guarantee and apply the funds to a another cruise.

Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sojodave said:

This dude said that if you upgrade to a YC, you get the YC room, but not the YC experience.

Then that dude is wrong 🙂

From the T&C:

19. If the Guests are currently in a cabin with “Fantastica” or “Aurea” experience and submit an Offer to upgrade to a higher category, we cannot guarantee that they will be assigned to a cabin with the same experience, but the experience itself “Bella”, “Fantastica” or “Aurea” will be maintained. For the upgraded Bid in Yacht Club, we will guarantee all benefits related to the Yacht Club Experience in addition to the original experience.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sojodave said:

This dude said that if you upgrade to a YC, you get the YC room, but not the YC experience.

We upgraded on one of the Virtuosa U.K. sailings and we got the full YC experience! Maybe it’s different elsewhere?

8 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Then that dude is wrong 🙂

From the T&C:

19. If the Guests are currently in a cabin with “Fantastica” or “Aurea” experience and submit an Offer to upgrade to a higher category, we cannot guarantee that they will be assigned to a cabin with the same experience, but the experience itself “Bella”, “Fantastica” or “Aurea” will be maintained. For the upgraded Bid in Yacht Club, we will guarantee all benefits related to the Yacht Club Experience in addition to the original experience.

Years ago, it may have been the case that MSC did not allow YC upgrade to include experience.  Not sure when video was made.

It is no longer the case, as you can see above from T & C .

I bid for a YC suite from a balcony, but thinking of canceling. If I buy a brinks package ( non alcohol), now, but my bid is accepted later, msc would  refund the package price, right?  And if we don't drink alcohol (or drink very little), is the YC experience still worth it? We haven't been on a cruise in 11 years and never on MSC. Also, this will be our first cruise without kids--the reason I thought the YC upgrade would be fun . But I'm now thinking that we could use the extra money for specialty restaurants instead. Any thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, sheltielover256 said:

I bid for a YC suite from a balcony, but thinking of canceling. If I buy a brinks package ( non alcohol), now, but my bid is accepted later, msc would  refund the package price, right?  And if we don't drink alcohol (or drink very little), is the YC experience still worth it? We haven't been on a cruise in 11 years and never on MSC. Also, this will be our first cruise without kids--the reason I thought the YC upgrade would be fun . But I'm now thinking that we could use the extra money for specialty restaurants instead. Any thoughts? 

We drink very little, actually I drink alcohol and DH does not. YC will have a variety of non alcoholic drinks available. We requested cans of soda for our mini fridge in cabin. 
 The YC restaurant is really good. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. We prefer this over the speciality restaurants. 
Since this is a special cruise ( no kids and 11 years) I would go for the YC.

One danger, you may not want to “go back” to regular balconies again.😉

On 8/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, ConnieTact said:

We upgraded on one of the Virtuosa U.K. sailings and we got the full YC experience! Maybe it’s different elsewhere?

If I may ask, what experience had you booked and what was your bid? We are considering booking Aurea, and hoping we get a bid invite to YC!!

Just received my upgrade email this morning at 5:00 AM for my cruise this Friday on the Meraviglia.  Was a solo in a Fantastica balcony on deck 10, upgraded to a YC Deluxe Suite forward facing with balcony on deck 15.  Very pleased.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Just received my upgrade email this morning at 5:00 AM for my cruise this Friday on the Meraviglia.  Was a solo in a Fantastica balcony on deck 10, upgraded to a YC Deluxe Suite forward facing with balcony on deck 15.  Very pleased.

Solo but you had to pay x2 correct to upgrade?

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

If I may ask, what experience had you booked and what was your bid? We are considering booking Aurea, and hoping we get a bid invite to YC!!

Hi Hamrag

We we’re balcony Fantastica and bidded lowest bid on YC inside. We were delighted by YC service and for our next one booked the same. We have now put in low bid for YC balcony and will wait to see if lightening strikes twice! 
Hope you get the offer you want.🤞

27 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Hi Hamrag

We we’re balcony Fantastica and bidded lowest bid on YC inside. We were delighted by YC service and for our next one booked the same. We have now put in low bid for YC balcony and will wait to see if lightening strikes twice! 
Hope you get the offer you want.🤞

On yacht club now. Worth every penny. 

• Like 3

Don't want to go too far off topic, but I have bid (minimum) to upgrade 9/25 Fantastica Balcony to YC. I was about to buy my beverage package and now don't know if I should pull the trigger on that. Do they refund it if you get the upgrade? TIA

10 hours ago, Kruizin'Kath said:

Don't want to go too far off topic, but I have bid (minimum) to upgrade 9/25 Fantastica Balcony to YC. I was about to buy my beverage package and now don't know if I should pull the trigger on that. Do they refund it if you get the upgrade? TIA

Kathy,

As someone who was just successful in winning a bid for a YC Deluxe, let me suggest that you do not bid exactly the minimum.  Bid the minimum plus a little (i.e., $20).  I am sure that is how I won my bid.

9 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

This rumor continues to make its way around.  It is not true…period.

How annoying! People making YouTube videos that are misleading. Must be annoying for MSC too! They don’t even mention half the perks of Diamond membership either. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes but if you win, you cancel your extra balcony room using the Covid guarantee and apply the funds to a another cruise.

Steve

Not according to MSC.  If I do win I cannot add DH to my reservation since technically we are both single occupancies.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Not according to MSC.  If I do win I cannot add DH to my reservation since technically we are both single occupancies.

Wow 

So if you win, charged double occupancy rate but cant utilize it as a double?

Is that because your current room was charged as a single?

Steve

3 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Kathy,

As someone who was just successful in winning a bid for a YC Deluxe, let me suggest that you do not bid exactly the minimum.  Bid the minimum plus a little (i.e., $20).  I am sure that is how I won my bid.

Many here (including my daughter) bid the exact minimum and won. The boats are empty right now.