For those who have participated in a bid-for-upgrade involving YC (successfully or not) how was your timeline and outcome?

no1talks

9 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I am on Jan 16 Divina in a Bella Balcony and just got the upgrade email today.....unfortunately the minimum bids are not substantially less than what I could get by just calling and upgrading myself ($640 each to balcony suite; $1,535 each for YC).

Do the minimum bids ever change - ex. as we get closer to sailing?  Anyhow, didn't expect this far in advance. 

I have found that mine get HIGHER. As guests successfully bid it seems to "raise the bar" on the new minimum bid.  For example for my current sailing the min bid would be more than re-booking outright.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hamrag said:

So, at that stage you had an opportunity to close a deal by saying something like....OK, can we agree the mid-point at $775....that's how deals often complete, you've potentially missed a second opportunity to get the cabin at a price which (presumably) was acceptable given your original bid was close to that at $720.

🙄

I'm sorry. I did not give all the details. I did counter my counter with a $750 offer. They still declined. And yes, those 3 cabins remained empty the entire sailing.

• Like 1

I paid $540 total for a Mera 4 night cruise (free balcony upgrade) Fantastic handicap balcony. 2nd MSC cruise. 

Bid $540 ea ($5 over minimum) for the YC Deluxe handicap suite and got email i won about 6 days later. And the cruise is still 6 weeks away!

To book the YC direct now it would cost about $1500 more. I think I did OK opinions?

On 10/29/2021 at 9:49 AM, pghflyer said:

Certainly got a great deal compared to their list price. The question is if you will get $135/$270 a night of additional value in that room over your old room.......happy sailing!!

That is the question!  From I’ve read it sounds like it’s going to be a fantastic experience.   I had also bid on an inside YC cabin and kind of wondered if I would’ve gotten it instead I could have saved some money. Regardless we are excited!  An early Christmas present!

Given the situation on making reserved cabins guarantee no matter the category, including YC, without notice, keep checking your reservation to be sure!  Hate to be Debbie Downer but it seems to be happening more and more.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:44 AM, pghflyer said:

I am on Jan 16 Divina in a Bella Balcony and just got the upgrade email today.....unfortunately the minimum bids are not substantially less than what I could get by just calling and upgrading myself ($640 each to balcony suite; $1,535 each for YC).

Do the minimum bids ever change - ex. as we get closer to sailing?  Anyhow, didn't expect this far in advance. 

We only saw minimum double.

It is an error.  They mean the slightly larger cabin—the deluxe grand suite.  We got the same email for our upcoming 11/10 cruise.  We’ve had this larger cabin before they decided to charge more for it.  It’s nice with lots of storage and a walk-in closet.  The upgrade bid they offered if anything above minimum is more than if booked outright.

• 1 month later...