New ships coming to AU

28 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I thought that was the case.  Honolulu to Sydney on Rhapsody was a memorable cruise.

We did the reverse on her Sydney/Honolulu. She certainly was a popular ship, many  regular guests ( hello Aussie FF) on her wanted to start a petition to keep her here when announced she was going.  Unfortunately Rhapsody did not meet emission requirements for Alaska which was her “ winter”  home port so they moved her to Europe.

10 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

We did the reverse on her Sydney/Honolulu. She certainly was a popular ship, many  regular guests ( hello Aussie FF) on her wanted to start a petition to keep her here when announced she was going.  Unfortunately Rhapsody did not meet emission requirements for Alaska which was her “ winter”  home port so they moved her to Europe.

We know Aussie FF and her husband. Her mother in law (who we knew very well) suggested to us to take a cruise as she thought we would enjoy it.

We met Aussie FF on the Rhapsody cruise we did. It was the second to last cruise Rhapsody did here before moving to Europe. Nice ship. We crossed paths with her a few times on our Med cruise. Poor Rhapsody, her ships horn was definitely outplayed by Royal Princess' Love Boat horn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

We know Aussie FF and her husband. Her mother in law (who we knew very well) suggested to us to take a cruise as she thought we would enjoy it.

Royal Caribbean’s bottom line looks a lot healthier because of Aussie FF and her family. I loved seeing all the family checking in for what seemed like every cruise in the season. I think only the Captain has done more cruises .😂My favourite pax.  They must be doing it especially tough at the moment with no ships here.

Edited by gbenjo

1 minute ago, gbenjo said:

Royal Caribbean’s bottom line looks a lot healthier because of Aussie FF and her family. I loved seeing all the family checking in for what seemed like every cruise in the season. I think only the Captain has done more cruises .😂

They must be doing it especially tough at the moment with no ships here.

Yes, I think they are. It is over a year since we saw Aussie FF (at her mother in law's funeral) but my husband speaks to her husband fairly regularly.

Yes, I think they are. It is over a year since we saw Aussie FF (at her mother in law's funeral) but my husband speaks to her husband fairly regularly.

Aussie FF was here on CC as a regular, was she not, Leigh? 

Many former regulars on here are no longer on here.

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I guess without cruises to chat about they've got other priorities. Hopefully they come back when cruising restarts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes she was Les. I don't think she has been on here for a couple of years at least.

• Like 1

Yes she was Les. I don't think she has been on here for a couple of years at least.

She is still around, at least in the background, she  has “liked “a couple of comments I have made recently. 

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I guess without cruises to chat about they've got other priorities. Hopefully they come back when cruising restarts.

They could come on to CC and talk rubbish like us lol.  The meat pie thread awaits.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1