Coach passengers testing positive at terminal

molecrochip

6 hours ago, kalos said:

The couple of times we flew out to  Grantley Adams Barbados we were 

coached direct from the plane to the ship so at a guess you would be 

screened and tested at your UK airport .

Yes, we’ve done it a few times and that’s exactly what happens and the coach takes you to the terminal for check in.  I will have a route around and see if I can find any more information . I guess that , as it’s 10 weeks away, things can change. Maybe we will get an email from P&O with more information about protocols nearer the time.

It's fairly obvious that testing will not be done on arrival in the Caribbean.  If someone tested positive on arrival, at a minimum all those sitting near them would not be allowed on the ship, and there would be no essy way to get them back to the UK.

49 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It's fairly obvious that testing will not be done on arrival in the Caribbean.  If someone tested positive on arrival, at a minimum all those sitting near them would not be allowed on the ship, and there would be no essy way to get them back to the UK.

Wowzz. That is the logical thing to do, but their website currently says testing at the terminal. They don't specify if that is the terminal at Barbados, or the Terminal at the UK airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Wowzz. That is the logical thing to do, but their website currently says testing at the terminal. They don't specify if that is the terminal at Barbados, or the Terminal at the UK airport.

The website is also offering lots of excursions that permit free time in the ports as well, you should know by now not to trust the website.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

The website is also offering lots of excursions that permit free time in the ports as well, you should know by now not to trust the website.

We have actually booked excursions that all free time on beaches and elsewhere, so that should be interesting ! 

1 hour ago, Shipsareus said:

We have actually booked excursions that all free time on beaches and elsewhere, so that should be interesting ! 

Unless the cruise ship hires an entire beach for the day, then I doubt beach excursions will be running, unless things improve quite significantly.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Unless the cruise ship hires an entire beach for the day, then I doubt beach excursions will be running, unless things improve quite significantly.

Just as an aside, why book a P&O excursion to a beach anyway ? You normally can walk to a beach, or grab a taxi for a few dollars.  

27 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just as an aside, why book a P&O excursion to a beach anyway ? You normally can walk to a beach, or grab a taxi for a few dollars.  

This one was 10 dollars. 2 beds, 2 beers and a sunshade.🤣.

IMG_20181203_105257.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

This one was 10 dollars. 2 beds, 2 beers and a sunshade.🤣.

IMG_20181203_105257.jpg

Stop ! 

I'm getting really fed up with the constant cloud of the last three weeks.  The last thing I need is this sort of photograph!

I'm going to watch a random episode  of  Death in Paradise, just to try and get some sunshine vibe! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ann141 said:

That looks lovely.Which island is it?

St Martin. Just a short walk from the ship and the water bus back. Can't walk both ways it's toooo hot. Same as it will be on Iona next week.🤣⛱️

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

St Martin. Just a short walk from the ship and the water bus back. Can't walk both ways it's toooo hot. Same as it will be on Iona next week.🤣⛱️

Thanks.We have been to st marteen several times and have walked into the centre but the beach has never looked as quiet as that.You may be lucky on Iona and have an Indian ( or Caribbean summer!!)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bin man said:

But wouldnt you just claim off your insurance ?

Yes - but if there's no cover (you know what insurers are like for repudiating claims), then what?

I have no cruises booked at present, but this shocks me.  I'm sure it's all neatly covered in the Ts&Cs, but those are challengeable and this looks like a potential minefield.

16 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Yes - but if there's no cover (you know what insurers are like for repudiating claims), then what?

I have no cruises booked at present, but this shocks me.  I'm sure it's all neatly covered in the Ts&Cs, but those are challengeable and this looks like a potential minefield.

After trying and failing to get answers to a number of questions from P&O we have reluctantly decided to wait a while longer before booking as there seem to be too many scenarios where we'd lose money and after a long battle last year trying to get money back for expensive air flights don't fancy doing it again with insurance companies/cruise lines.

1 minute ago, Rebjon said:

After trying and failing to get answers to a number of questions from P&O we have reluctantly decided to wait a while longer before booking as there seem to be too many scenarios where we'd lose money and after a long battle last year trying to get money back for expensive air flights don't fancy doing it again with insurance companies/cruise lines.

I absolutely agree with you.  This scenario does not seem designed to attract customers, but then P&O senior management so frequently appears to pay no heed to the obvious link between giving customers what they want and attracting both new and repeat business.  Even obvious little things that would cost very little to resolve just get ignored.

Customer focused businesses usually do rather better than those that just do their own thing.

This is the Princess position regarding expenses if you test positive. Seems reasonable to me - Princess will pay out if your insurance company doesn't.  

I would have thought all Carnival companies would have adopted tge same policy.

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside medical care for COVID-19, shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from your travel insurance.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

This is the Princess position regarding expenses if you test positive. Seems reasonable to me - Princess will pay out if your insurance company doesn't.  

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside medical care for COVID-19, shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from your travel insurance.

That’s fair. Surely Cunard and P&O follow suit on that?

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I've seen this on Princess but can't find anything on the P&O site and it's very difficult to get through on the phone lines and when they eventually reply to a message they  never answer your question, it's just waffle. Their customer service is really bad. I don't want to book anything which could leave me seriously out of pocket.

The coach company protocols on their website now look to require negative test.

Prior to Departure Date

In line with the safety protocols introduced by the Cruise Lines, we now request that you provide proof of a negative rapid lateral flow test taken 24 hours prior to boarding the coach for your journey to the port.

apologies if this has already been mentioned 

57 minutes ago, watsonbeau said:

The coach company protocols on their website now look to require negative test.

Prior to Departure Date

In line with the safety protocols introduced by the Cruise Lines, we now request that you provide proof of a negative rapid lateral flow test taken 24 hours prior to boarding the coach for your journey to the port.

apologies if this has already been mentioned 

It was reported that it should have been in operation on the coach where someone tested positive.