Vaccine Requirement Extended

jpc763

5 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Question about testing on the current cruises on NCL. Are they only testing you at the pier or are their daily test going on during the cruise?

Just off the jade last Sunday -- 

We were tested once at the pier before embarkation and then again 5 days later.  Both tests were mandatory, and we had no "positives" on our 7-night cruise.  I am 100% in support of 100% vaccinated cruises!

• Like 13

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I agree. What is it about "all guests" would not be understood? The wording is very specific and should not be confusing at all.

The part that will not be understood is the guest who will be telling the staff at the pier: "Well, if I can't cruise then why on Earth didn't you cancel my reservation? If you allowed my reservation to remain in place and you took my money then I should be allowed to board".

You understand the situation...I understand the situation...however, that does not mean that EVERYONE will understand the situation. (Hence the problem).

7 hours ago, SeaShark said:

You'd think NCL would simply cancel reservations that contain children who can't be vaccinated as guests.

no, i wouldn't think that at all.

many parents may choose to sail and leave the kids at home with grandma or another relative or get a sitter. they should send a very specific letter to those who have booked cruises with kids under 12 laying out the details and the options and asking if they want to cancel the entire reservation or just remove the kids... and if they want to change their cabin in conjunction with those changes.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, UKstages said:

no, i wouldn't think that at all.

many parents may choose to sail and leave the kids at home with grandma or another relative or get a sitter. they should send a very specific letter to those who have booked cruises with kids under 12 laying out the details and the options and asking if they want to cancel the entire reservation or just remove the kids... and if they want to change their cabin in conjunction with those changes.

Excellent point!  NCL cannot anticipate what people will want to do.

There's gonna be a lot of drama at check-in!

• Like 2