Vaccine Requirement Extended

jpc763

Cruises with embarkation dates through December 31, 2021:

All guests sailing aboard cruises with embarkation dates through December 31, 2021, are required to be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior ro departure in order to board.

Did this become effective today?  I knew about Oct 31, but this appears to be a change.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

If this is a formal change with NCL I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I thought they would go 95/5 to capture children after 10/31.. I do wish them lots of success. Frank was pretty adamant in his last interview so he has dug in.

I will say this, it's a wild ride on the stock market this week. Shorts are cleaning house.

image.png.fd1651c32c02cc8873a06e4f61ceffaf.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/18/covid-booster-shots-us-to-begin-wide-distribution-of-third-vaccine-doses-next-month.html

Official / final announcement is forthcoming, should be ample vaccine supplies for the extra booster shot(s) that folks will need.  Other country(s) are doing that and will soon be doing it, although availability of the vaccines remain a challenge.  

DW has received 2 notifications from the primary healthcare system (NYP network) that eligible patients will be able to schedule & vaccinated with the extra booster, as early as next week ... although she isn't on those top tiered high priority lists ... as only a small fraction of the overall patients match the current guidance as being high risk population.  The booster for all will be coming next.  

I understood the passionate debate about the mask and all, but we've lost friends in the past year.  Hence, the extended requirement to be vaccinated is logical and expected, not a surprise at all. 

• Like 1

While NCL is sending this letter to anyone with a reservation between 11/1 and 12/31, they are also NOT automatically cancelling reservations that include young children who can't be vaccinated. 

This is going to cause confusion with people who will either a) assume the letter means your reservation is cancelled when it actually isn't, or b) will show up at the pier figuring since the reservation wasn't cancelled that the small children will be allowed.

This is a PR landmine...just waiting for someone to step on it.

7 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

While NCL is sending this letter to anyone with a reservation between 11/1 and 12/31, they are also NOT automatically cancelling reservations that include young children who can't be vaccinated. 

This is going to cause confusion with people who will either a) assume the letter means your reservation is cancelled when it actually isn't, or b) will show up at the pier figuring since the reservation wasn't cancelled that the small children will be allowed.

This is a PR landmine...just waiting for someone to step on it.

The e-mail clearly states unvaccinated children will not be allowed on the cruise.  If people can't take self-responsibility for their situation (and I agree...they'll show up at the port with "that dumb look" on their faces) it's their problem.

• Like 10