Obsessing! Should we cancel or should we go? Reports from recent Edge cruisers requested.

quicklabs

I believe they have been sailing with between 1000 and around 1600 passengers.  Always less than 60%.   I believe their stated target is between 50-60%.     That said the Retreat has been pretty much at 100% capacity so far.  I think someone mentioned a bunch of available suites on next weeks sailing.   We may be seeing the original rush of "can't wait" people (including myself) dwindle.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Actually, I would defer any travel to or from Florida.   Their numbers are much worse than any of the European countries.   At least those in the EU get the vaccination when it’s available, not like our southern states in the U.S.    Won’t be long before we will need a booster to travel and we will get ours as soon as it is open for us.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Actually, I would defer any travel to or from Florida.   Their numbers are much worse than any of the European countries.   At least those in the EU get the vaccination when it’s available, not like our southern states in the U.S.    Won’t be long before we will need a booster to travel and we will get ours as soon as it is open for us.

Certainly one should always decide what is best for them.  But..

we live near Port Canaveral.  Carnival, Disney, and RCCL are back in service with MSC docked one mile off the coast waiting to start.  I talked with passengers departing and they almost universally said they had a great time.

Yes we are experiencing a surge, but our state seems to be handling it well.  Restaurants are open as well as shopping.  Vast majority of people are wearing masks.  Beaches are open with great weather. So is Disney, Sea World and Universal.  

Supermarkets are clean.  No garbage in the streets.  No horrendous spikes in crime

Vaccine programs are ongoing, and we are making slow but steady progress convincing people to take the vaccine.

Most parents are waiting to be able to vaccinate their children  Expect approval by the Fall. 

Wouldn't leave Florida for any other state.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Certainly one should always decide what is best for them.  But..

we live near Port Canaveral.  Carnival, Disney, and RCCL are back in service with MSC docked one mile off the coast waiting to start.  I talked with passengers departing and they almost universally said they had a great time.

Yes we are experiencing a surge, but our state seems to be handling it well.  Restaurants are open as well as shopping.  Vast majority of people are wearing masks.  Beaches are open with great weather. So is Disney, Sea World and Universal.  

Maybe where you are the "vast majority" of people are wearing masks, but that is certainly not the case where I am, and in several other areas of the state where I have friends.

The three Cleveland Clinic hospitals in my area have their highest number of Covid patients since the pandemic started.

Just because shopping and restaurants are open doesn't mean the state is "handling it well." 

I understand people being hesitant to want to travel to Florida for a cruise.  We can, and should, be doing better.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Contrary to your sweeping generalizations, many people in our southern states have been vaccinated, just as many people in the rest of the US have not. Let’s take Maryland, for example. Montgomery County has a high vaccination rate, while Somerset County has a low vaccination rate. And yet, each county has significant numbers of both vaccinated and unvaccinated residents. The same is true of every US state.

• Thanks 1